**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Will you open Featureds today or Stick to Basics for more 7* shards?

PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
I know some are prioriziting 7* shards and skipping the feats, just curious how many are still going to open them for the new champs

Will you open Featureds today or Stick to Basics for more 7* shards? 216 votes

Featured Crystals all the way
68%
GroundedWisdomMasterSmokeZeke_the_XbotDrZolaBendyRaganatorKeltanEliOrSomething7abo2azuffyAzKicker316BENJI830BigTuna_2054CazphillgreenNescioUnyonfacecaptaincushCropDusterGarlo 148 votes
Sticking with Basic Crystals for more 7* shards
29%
ccrider474ChovnerFoxhero007Sw0rdMasterSyndicatedpseudosaneIamnikedjr17PandingoSagacious0wlpsp742NanosamaGreekhitDocWestMilan1405H3t3rAomine_Daiki10Deamon1337o_oDoctorwho13 63 votes
I already got the new champs from whaling/arena
2%
Tunesmithlaserjohn26HungaryHippoTripleBDoug555 5 votes

Comments

• Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 901 ★★★
    Well, this will be the first time I saved up a lot of shards for featured so ‘all in’ is a little misleading.
    I had been opening dual crystals for a while and literally only have one or two choices on each class. Plus I desperately need some new champs in my roster for AW defence.
    Still have to see if the leak is correct before I take the plunge…
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,247 ★★★★
    30+ featureds ready but I will stop when I get onslaught, kushala, bullseye and white tiger in that order of importance to me.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,320 ★★★★★

PT_99 said:

Don't know why anyone will waste on featured now, since every single one of those champs are 7* already.

Because just because someone is a 7* doesn’t mean you’ll get them anytime soon. And if you do, you won’t sig them up very high if at all.
    I'm not sigging up every single new 6* anyways, so no problem there.
    Plus we'll eventually pull those 7* versions, it's not like OP top of the line 6* are getting unusable or anything. I was this close to r4 my LadyD and Vox but I waited and now have both as 7*, you should try waiting, helps a lot.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,320 ★★★★★

PT_99 said:

Don't know why anyone will waste on featured now, since every single one of those champs are 7* already.

There's a sizeable number of 7* now, and Titan shards are still rare. Especially for those who don't spend, it can take a while to get some of the newest champs.

Not to mention, how many times have you had one champ you just can't pull regardless of many attempts?
    Idk about how many attempts, as I pulled Kitty as my first 6* and Herc as 5th 😵‍💫
    Plus 7* pool is getting spicy by spicy, waste of 6* shards will bite back.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Still debating.

On one hand, I really want onslaught, bullseye and still chasing rintrah, but on the other hand, the more 7*'s I pull and dupe (still rare to get a dupe for me) the more titan shards I will get and have a chance at both onslaught and bullseye as 7*'s.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,946 ★★★★★
    I'll open 4 feat crystals, if I pull a bullseye, he is going to r5 with saga gem. Otherwise cgr is going to r5 with the gem.
    If I pull onslaught dust or ironheart(is dust and iron heart in the pool), they are going to r5 ancesion.
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 681 ★★★★
    PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

There's a sizeable number of 7* now, and Titan shards are still rare. Especially for those who don't spend, it can take a while to get some of the newest champs.

Not to mention, how many times have you had one champ you just can't pull regardless of many attempts?
    Idk about how many attempts, as I pulled Kitty as my first 6* and Herc as 5th 😵‍💫
    Plus 7* pool is getting spicy by spicy, waste of 6* shards will bite back.
    That's great luck! Some of us aren't as fortunate though.

I remember when Apoc came out; I tried 20 featured and 50+ dual crystals and couldn't get him. I eventually got him from a holiday deal selector a year later, but if I hadn't, it wasn't until 2.5 years after he came out until I pulled him again
  • Options
    JMC2007JRJMC2007JR Posts: 44
    I may be only able to open 6 featured crystals, but that won't stop me. I need a onslaught
  • Options
    ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 570 ★★★
    (Hopefully) getting new champs is what keeps the game fun. Even if I very often end up not really using them.
  • Options
    Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 815 ★★★
    This is the first feature in a while I want 3-4 of them ....usually it's only 1 maybe 2....so I'm all in until I get at least a few of them.
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 807 ★★★★
    Given up trying to be lucky in this game… I will just get the duped duds like from the featured crystal at a lower cost with the generic crystal.
  • Options
    Zeke_the_XbotZeke_the_Xbot Posts: 329 ★★
    PT_99 said:

I'm not sigging up every single new 6* anyways, so no problem there.
    Plus we'll eventually pull those 7* versions, it's not like OP top of the line 6* are getting unusable or anything. I was this close to r4 my LadyD and Vox but I waited and now have both as 7*, you should try waiting, helps a lot.

The lack of awareness saying this when RNG is a factor and not everyone is fortunate, plus 7 star shards and Titan shards still rare for many.
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,408 ★★★★★
    I'm trying to get abs man so going basic

But I've opened 6 Mystic abyss nexuses without seeing his shiny bald head
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    edited March 5
    Polygon said:

I know some are prioriziting 7* shards and skipping the feats, just curious how many are still going to open them for the new champs

Still kinda debating, but might go ahead and shoot my shot at Onslaught, Bullseye, and iHeart just for BGs. I got a 4-5 Mutant RUG collecting dust. They'll be the new bans and will take attention away from my Photon 😆
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    PT_99 said:

7* only really matters if you are in AW or BGs, We are getting 6* rank up gems still, and I still have this sig 200 thing to use.
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    First time I’ve ever splurged on featureds, got 200k shards so hopefully that’s enough for what I want.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★

Okay the paradigm shift is crazy! I made another thread in early January in regards to the same feat and in that one there was actually more votes for going for the basic to increase 7* shards
  • Options
    PROB015PROB015 Posts: 5
    Hey all. post photos of how many crystals you opened and what champs you got. I’m going to run some statistical analysis to see if the drop rates of champs are manipulated for the new group or random and equal for all champs. Will need a lot of them for decent Confidence interval though.
  • Options
    Logan00Logan00 Posts: 568 ★★★
    I've opened 7, pulled just one feature champ, white tiger, is it me or the feature drop rate has decreased considerably?
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 846 ★★★★
    edited March 5
    Logan00 said:

I've opened 7, pulled just one feature champ, white tiger, is it me or the feature drop rate has decreased considerably?

I'm sure it's just perception like always but it certainly feels that way. It's almost like my 6* featured pulls naturally gravitate towards existing champions that I haven't ranked up or just don't play.
  • Options
    Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 633 ★★★
    I pulled the 2 I wanted from the featured, so back to basics. 1 exception being Sigil store bi-weekly featured
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,295 ★★★★★
    If Bullseye and Onslaught weren't in it, I'd skip but they both are and they're going to be meta BGs defenders so I had to.
  • Options
    Logan00Logan00 Posts: 568 ★★★

I pulled the 2 I wanted from the featured, so back to basics. 1 exception being Sigil store bi-weekly featured

Which ones did you get?