Winter of Woe - Week 3

G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Member Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
edited March 6 in General Discussion
So, with about 5 hours left, who do you think will be the next opponent in Winter of Woe?

My guess (less a guess, but rather a nightmare) would be Absorbing Man!

Think about it: The quest picture has been showing Absman and Nebula from the beginning. And we have fought both of them... So what if Kabam decides to bring back Absman, this time with other (new and improved) nodes!

Comments

• 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Member Posts: 2,737 ★★★★★
    Air Walker for @ThatGuyYouSaw235
  • G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Member Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    Maybe without the unstoppable and knocking the defender down places a healblock? ^^
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,980 ★★★★★
    I’d like to think we get new classes for defenders. With that in mind, Korg/KM are potential skill targets (but wouldn’t be surprised to see newer champs like Attuma or Bullseye), Science could be JJ, QS or Photon, Cosmic perhaps Adam, Nova or Terrax.

Tech might be Skull, Ultron or DH while mutant could bring Onslaught, maybe Sauron or the new NC. Just wild guesses here…

Dr. Zola
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Member Posts: 2,592 ★★★★★
    I’m going to with Knull. For no reason other than why not.
  • ReptoidReptoid Member Posts: 45
    Kindred
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,941 ★★★★★
    I think its gonna be a cosmic and this be the week for the 7 deathless objective so i could see what someone said of knull
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,394 ★★★★
    I might've said Gorr with one of the objectives be use an #Elder/God, but considering we just had a #God objective with Nebula, doubtful. Then again, it's their game and they can unveil what they please.
  • AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 2,007 ★★★★
    Black Groot
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,171 ★★★★★
    Abs man with these nodes, idk names.

"If you're close to enemy for too long, enemy will get heals." 😃
    "Next debuff on enemy will be purified and enemy will get heals." 😃
    "Enemy only takes damge from basic hits and special attacks."
    "Regeneration can't be reversed." 😃
    "Enemy has increased 50% power gain." 😃
    "Every 10th hit is miss and enemy gains unstoppable instead." 😃
  • HalleyHalley Member Posts: 455 ★★

My guess (less a guess, but rather a nightmare) would be Absorbing Man!

If so, it'll be too boring! 😆
    Do they run out of new idea that bad? 😆

• RustyoneilRustyoneil Member Posts: 210 ★★
    Human torch with unblockable, undexable specials and he always has nova flame. Objective 1 you have to fight him with mystic champs, objective 2 have to use energy champs.
  • StephD87StephD87 Member Posts: 74
    Tech might be Skull, Ultron or DH while mutant could bring Onslaught, maybe Sauron or the new NC. Just wild guesses here…

Dr. Zola

Tech was Nebula, unless they use another tech which is possible.
  • WinterFieldsWinterFields Member Posts: 779 ★★★★
    I think it would be cool to see Guillotine for the week we need to use Deathless Guillotine
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,338 ★★★★★
    We already had mystic tech, and I have a feeling that last 2 defenders should be someone new, and we have 4 remaining classes. I think last one month challenge in april we probably have bullseye and Onslaught (skill and mutant) which leaves us a science and cosmic champ.

My guess is, in science it's classic spidey and in cosmic we gonna have super skrull.
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,703 ★★★★★
    Magic thief bullseye imo
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Member Posts: 1,198 ★★★★
    It's probably someone from Skill
  • ProjecteXProjecteX Member Posts: 53
    It’s definitely gonna be a Mystic counter given the Saga boosts, I’m going with Hulk
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,091 ★★★★★
    I could definitely see it being Knull given the magica event being themed around him.
    In a few hours we shall find out.
    ProjecteX said:

It’s definitely gonna be a Mystic counter given the Saga boosts, I’m going with Hulk

The Saga boosts apply to many classes... I believe the only missing class is Tech, with very few Science champs included...
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,237 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

I’d like to think we get new classes for defenders. With that in mind, Korg/KM are potential skill targets (but wouldn’t be surprised to see newer champs like Attuma or Bullseye), Science could be JJ, QS or Photon, Cosmic perhaps Adam, Nova or Terrax.

Dr. Zola

NEVER suggest a Korg.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Member Posts: 856 ★★★★
    ProjecteX said:

Saga boosts only work in war and event quest
  • Doctor_Doom94Doctor_Doom94 Member Posts: 77
    I m guessing scorpion.. according to shock immune & regen theme so far.
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Member Posts: 2,592 ★★★★★
    One thing is for sure, I don't "think" we will see many new champs. Most of the last 4 months champs (give or take) have very specific counters, most of which are also newer champs or aren't in game yet (i.e. Ironheart countering Onslaught). 95% of the player base don't have these champs and although I wouldn't put it past Kabam, I don't expect them to be that punishing. In the Summer of Pain, the newest champs were Scorpion (who already had many counters), Ikaris (plenty of counters) and Peni (who also had many counters).

I could see someone like maybe Vox or Moondragon in this, but that may be it. Having said that, if Kabam does decide to throw a Photon or Bullseye in this, I expect a full blown you what show on here and You Tube.

WE have been able to use class advantage in this so far for one of the objectives, so it makes since this week is Cosmic. Don't think it will be Maestro, so that leaves really only Vox and Gladiator as newer champs. I still say it's Knull with the unblockable node from AW, power gain of some form and probably a falter node as well. In addition to a few other things of course.
    edited March 6

Human torch with unblockable, undexable specials and he always has nova flame. Objective 1 you have to fight him with mystic champs, objective 2 have to use energy champs.

Kushala will work, i recently got her

People really seem to hate the idea of another Absman… 😅

The pattern is anyways 2 defenders then another 2 defenders and then a gauntlet with 6 defenders (2 more new in gauntlet) so 2 absman are unlikely.
    Ashacekar said:

The pattern is anyways 2 defenders then another 2 defenders and then a gauntlet with 6 defenders (2 more new in gauntlet) so 2 absman are unlikely.
    Ah, ok, didn't know that was a thing... Thanks!
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Member Posts: 2,358 ★★★★★
    I really hope its a Psycho man who's tougher than the Abs man fight