**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Titania SP3 Defender Throwing Specials Anyway

DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,069 ★★★★★
I may be mistaken here but I've played Titania quite a bit since release and her SP3 rotation is pretty clutch ... SP3, stacks of debuffs .. defender is a coward and intimidated so won't launch special and boom heavy to oblivion ... BUT .. here of late ... they certainly ARE throwing specials after an SP3 .. right when I dash in and start my heavy chain .. special launched ...

Is this something new? Am I remembering incorrectly? Was this some bug fix ?? Because that's pretty darn important to the way I play her. If I can't depend on them to not throw specials it makes the SP3 rotation pretty useless.

Spiderman, Doom, Iron Man, Infamous Iron Man, Adam Warlock, Hulkling ... just the last few that I can remember who decided to just throw specials after my normal SP3 rotation .. and yes heavied into SP3 each time. .. the last of which was Doom just now in BGs and I just got fed up like wth is going on.

Comments

• Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
    Well Kabam said they were looking into making the AI more aggressive but Idk if they actually made any tweaks in game? A lot of the time I (and many others according to the forums) see the defender refusing to throw a specials or stubbornly holding block in the corner. Kabam said they were working on AI changes to stop that from happening, but I guess an unintended side effect of that, in the future, could be the fact that intimidate debuffs become less reliable, like in the case of your titania.
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 807 ★★★★
    edited March 8
    Titania with 2 intimidates after SP3 = Most powerful taunt in the game.

Ongoing issue that keeps getting worse and is ruining the champ.
  • Options
    FolkvangrFolkvangr Posts: 90
    I didn’t notice that was a thing lol
    I always used her sp3 to tank the enemy sp3
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 744 ★★★
    I think they should just put in a special lock debuff into the mix just to be sure, cause most champs have multiple loops but for titania THAT IS HOW YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO PLAY HER, it severely harms her in most matchups due to the time taken by the sp3 even if she's indestructible.
  • Options
    Ok so it's definitely happening to more than. just me .. wow. It costs me some matches already when seconds count. You expect to be able to rip off some heavies then BOOM .. SP to the face .. it doesn't do damage but it costs seconds that matter in BGs.
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,411 ★★★★★

Even destroyer in EQ threw sp3 instantly

Destroyer is immune to intimidate
  • Options
    MasterAKUMAMasterAKUMA Posts: 26
    It happened to me a lot of times, and personally, especially in BGs. I also played Titania with the same rotation but it's all right in EQ and SQ recently, and AW before.
    Honestly, the AI performs quite differently in different modes. The easier the game mode, the more friendly the AI.
    And definitely, Kabam put the smartest and most rapidly responded AI in BGs on purpose for competitive fights.
    So in BGs, crazy things happen much more often, like special intercepts, quickly switching between block and unblock, and sometimes ignoring the intimidate and infuriate.
  • Options
    ok now seriously ... throw SP3 and defender is no longer in the corner .. THREE TIMES NOW i'm in the middle of the screen chasing them down to fire off a heavy attack ... why is my Titania being fooled with !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heavy in the corner is already hit or miss and now this.

THIS is one of the major reasons why Battlegrounds is shedding interest. Half of these champs hardly work as intended and there goes resources down the drain because of it.
  • Options
    Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Posts: 113 ★★
    I’m surprised this isn’t being talked about more. So many champs in the past few years are highly, highly dependent on AI behavior. Titania is a problem, Herc’s infuriate seems to be less and less effective as well. And don’t get me started on Spot. I haven’t had the AI throw more than one medium into my block before they go for the heavy in what feels like months.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,221 ★★★★★
    Deacon said:

ok now seriously ... throw SP3 and defender is no longer in the corner .. THREE TIMES NOW i'm in the middle of the screen chasing them down to fire off a heavy attack ... why is my Titania being fooled with !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Screenshot?
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,689 ★★★★★
    It's not much fun tapping into the AI block when using Mantis either.

• Options
    DrDisconnect.DrDisconnect. Posts: 396 ★★
    Wait till they make ai more agressive because we asked to
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,987 ★★★★★
    She should apply special lock debuff after her sp3
  • Options

Deacon said:

Screenshot?
    Hard to do in Battlegrounds when I'm worried about seconds ... but I'll try to replicate outside of BGs and record.
  • Options
    Just did a random duel and again ... here I am chasing the defender ... luckily I wasn't smashed in the face this time like I was in Battlegrounds.

https://youtu.be/EDh10rb7En8