**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I Strongly Encourage you to Wait before Investing in Bullseye

PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,836 ★★★★★
edited March 13 in General Discussion
So there’s already already a thread speculating his nerf during the rebalance period up, but the thread seems to be going off topic. Due to that and certain comments confirming what I was already beginning to theorize, I felt I should make this thread in advance to warn players not to go all in and balls to the wall on ascending or r5ing him yet.

To keep it short, even if he survives the rebalance period (we have yet to see any champion nerfed during one so far), the probability of them releasing champs to completely shut him down are high, especially when you consider the feedback they got from all the people that complained about him during the very first month of his release.

Remember Peni? Just like Bullseye, she had that unavoidable damage in her kit and she was the go to defender back during her release. However, after Galan and Hulkling were released , people just completely stopped using her for defense in BGs

One other thing to keep in mind is that even if certain champs that are bleed immune work for him in BGs, that if they ever designed him as a boss for challenging content in the future, that said champs may not work there and more ideal counters may be required, thereby opening the gates for them to release hard counters.

Now ofcourse you can make the argument that ascension dust is becoming drastically more available than it once was and that you can just use the magika gem to r5 him, but in case you cant get the gem anymore or want to use it on someone else, this notion could be worth considering.

Comments

• Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,201 ★★★★★
    My point of view if if he get slightly nerft in a way I be fine ranking him op as a valiant already getting so many tier6 b and tier3 alpha and tier6 cc only getting more here end out and can use those 6 months to stacking pils again so won’t matter as much this game isn’t going to not be rank op based anyway now days u need so much for bg I enjoy bg the claiming progression to gc that’s it so my point is use the 6 much to hav a pain defense
  • Options
    PT_99 said:

What are you talking about? Penny is still a menace in BG if enemy doesn't get to draft Hulkling galan.
    Unless you have a deck of all the top op defenders ranked up.

Imo the best way to describe her would be “flavor of the week” . I kinda hope it doesn’t happen to Bullseye but I can envision something similar based off parallels he has with her.
    Gamer said:

My point of view if if he get slightly nerft in a way I be fine ranking him op as a valiant already getting so many tier6 b and tier3 alpha and tier6 cc only getting more here end out and can use those 6 months to stacking pils again so won’t matter as much this game isn’t going to not be rank op based anyway now days u need so much for bg I enjoy bg the claiming progression to gc that’s it so my point is use the 6 much to hav a pain defense

Yeah this is true, and I included that in my post above, that t6cc and ascension dust are getting more and more abundant. Although, the skill class has a lot of champs worth ranking up with t6cc.

How long after Peni’s release was Galan/Hulkling released?
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,201 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

PT_99 said:

What are you talking about? Penny is still a menace in BG if enemy doesn't get to draft Hulkling galan.

Imo the best way to describe her would be “flavor of the week” . I kinda hope it doesn’t happen to Bullseye but I can envision something similar based off parallels he has with her.
    Gamer said:

Yeah this is true, and I included that in my post above, that t6cc and ascension dust are getting more and more abundant. Although, the skill class has a lot of champs worth ranking up with t6cc.

How long after Peni’s release was Galan/Hulkling released?
    Can’t remember how long before even then as you self point out but I will agerd if you’re don’t like to rank somebody op one shouldn’t do it I just like to hav a defensive champion most of mine is offensive with a few great defensive like mastro sassy no korg do hav a kil monger ect so your point is definitely valid to ;-)
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,319 ★★★★★
    Judging by what Miike said earlier today I highly doubt we will get a hard counter like Galan vs Peni. They want these defenders to be meta for a very long time because we haven't had any extremely tough defenders in a very long time. With that being said I really do hope Bullseye gets a nerf on defense and a slight buff on offense cause atm he's a wet noodle.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    I'll sharpen my RTD ticket pitchfork just in case this happens...
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,190 ★★★★

I don't know where you got the great nerf concern. For starters, any Champ is subject to the rebalance program. That's not news. The other point, which is more poignant, all Miike said was he agreed that there have been some strong Defenders released lately, that it was necessary, and that they would likely be slowing down. Nothing was said about kicking the legs from under those Champs.

Nothing was said about Zemo too...
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★

Judging by what Miike said earlier today I highly doubt we will get a hard counter like Galan vs Peni. They want these defenders to be meta for a very long time because we haven't had any extremely tough defenders in a very long time. With that being said I really do hope Bullseye gets a nerf on defense and a slight buff on offense cause atm he's a wet noodle.

My Terrax works great against Peni, incidentally.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,319 ★★★★★

Yeah Terrax, Valk, Adam, Vox, Gladiator (after buff), Venom etc loads of counters for her besides Galan and Hulkling nowadays.
  • Options
    Samanun said:

Polygon said:

So there’s already already a thread speculating his nerf during the rebalance period up, but the thread seems to be going off topic. Due to that and certain comments confirming what I was already beginning to theorize, I felt I should make this thread in advance to warn players not to go all in and balls to the wall on ascending or r5ing him yet.

To keep it short, even if he survives the rebalance period (we have yet to see any champion nerfed during one so far), the probability of them releasing champs to completely shut him down are high, especially when you consider the feedback they got from all the people that complained about him during the very first month of his release.

Remember Peni? Just like Bullseye, she had that unavoidable damage in her kit and she was the go to defender back during her release. However, after Galan and Hulkling were released , people just completely stopped using her for defense in BGs

One other thing to keep in mind is that even if certain champs that are bleed immune work for him in BGs, that if they ever designed him as a boss for challenging content in the future, that said champs may not work there and more ideal counters may be required, thereby opening the gates for them to release hard counters.

Now ofcourse you can make the argument that ascension dust is becoming drastically more available than it once was and that you can just use the magika gem to r5 him, but in case you cant get the gem anymore or want to use it on someone else, this notion could be worth considering.

Peni never had unavoidable damage just break shield please don't compare peni to bullseye in that regard it’s not even close and im kind of offended that you would even say such a thing
    Yeah have fun doing that for the EOP Peni with the v3/incarnate objectives. Then again you’re probably nowhere even close to beginning that sort of content so go on and yap more bud
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,987 ★★★★★
    Also from the mike's comment on other threat I'm pretty convinced that bullseye might be nerfed in defense.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,483 ★★★★
    BeastDad said:

PT_99 said:

You can beat her with almost anyone, she's no longer a "menace". I can't remember the last time I lost a fight to a Penny in any game mode, it has been that long.

No idea what will happen with Bullseye, but I don't invest heavily in new champs for good reason.
    On my mini account I have a 6* r1 penny that isn't even max level that has never been killed as a defender in bg in 2 seasons. I know, i know it's against bad players. Well guess what beroman and the ruff aren't losing to bullseye. I know, I know those are the best players.

Perhaps it's you that can beat penny consistently and can't beat bullseye so you think because you can't beat bullseye it isn't possibly you lack skill it's that he is an unfair defender that Noone can beat so he will be nerfed.

Not to mention this tactic will be long gone before he's even close to nerfed in game.
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,250 ★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Hulkling or Galan? How about Nimrod? Captain Marvel, Magneto, and others shut her down too.

• Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,250 ★★★★

So now we're telling people not to rank up champions because Kabam might release a counter to them?

Don't rank up any new champs going forward for at least a year so we know they don't get rebalanced and no hard counter is released 🙄🙄🙄

Lmao you picked up on that really well
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★

Yeah Terrax, Valk, Adam, Vox, Gladiator (after buff), Venom etc loads of counters for her besides Galan and Hulkling nowadays.
    Is this satire? Terrax and Venom existed before Peni was released. VenomPool is also a counter and he existed before Peni was released.
  • Options
    WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Posts: 201 ★★
    Polygon said:

Except they have done nerfs, to absorbing man and zero. People complained about kindred on defense and he wasn't nerfed, so far there's no indication that he'll get nerfed at all beyond the playerbase that assumes every single good champ will get nerfed as a ploy to gain money despite that never happening.

Also what unavoidable damage from peni? You don't even need a counter and can beat her damageless
  • Options
    WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Posts: 201 ★★

PT_99 said:

Hulkling or Galan? How about Nimrod? Captain Marvel, Magneto, and others shut her down too.

You literally don't even need a counter for her
  • Options
    007Bishop007Bishop Posts: 354 ★★★
    PT_99 said:

If you are dying to Peni, I have very bad news for you.
  • Options
    Longshot_33Longshot_33 Posts: 355 ★★★
    He is also a very good Photon counter himself though
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,404 ★★★★

He is also a very good Photon counter himself though

No, he's really not....
    You do realize photon is blend immune, right?
  • Options
    o_oo_o Posts: 834 ★★★★
    007Bishop said:

PT_99 said:

If you are dying to Peni, I have very bad news for you.
    Well...? Don't keep us in suspense!
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,222 ★★★★★
    He isnt getting any nerf.
    Been watching 30-50 seconds BG fights, he's not that big defender in war(for the most part).
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

Peni is a bad comparison IMO, there was always a skill/knowledge based way to deal with in 98% of nodes. Hit the block to remove the shield and she’s done. Thats why people don’t fear her anymore because not only does Galan and Hulkling exist but so do champs that demolish block like Masacre and Valk.

Bullseye’s windows of opportunity are so small in comparison, and killer instinct being tied to using a special and on a delay is just over complicated overkill.