**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

MCOC Community Finally Has to Admit the "Quake and Magik Situation"

2»

Comments

• Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 310 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Vanitelia said:

Keep the current version/rarities and release new versions. Thor comes to mind. Same guy, different class/kit. Not a new concept by any means. I'm sure there is a small fan base who love the characters, but I have a feeling most are only wanting their kits. Put Magik in the mutant class and Quake in cosmic with new kits and call it a day.

It takes almost the same effort to make all new champs. So while they could do that, it would not be a high priority to do it and the resources required are high enough that they would compete against the resources necessary to make completely new champs.

Rarely is the problem whether something can be done at all. The problem is whether there's something else that they want to do more. If you gave me the opportunity to add a champ to the game, and I could pick any champ I wanted, a rework of Quake or Magik would be several hundred places down on my list. If I was solely in charge of adding new champs to the game, Magik 2.0 would probably end up on the schedule some time in 2043.
    I was pointing out that it's been done before but not advocating for it. I'd much rather have new characters than skinned versions of the same champ. There are thousands upon thousands of characters in Marvel. We shouldn't have multiple Thors/Visions/Captain Marvels/Cyclops running around.

Let's see characters like Shadow King (especially with X-Men 97 coming soon), Blue Marvel, etc.

• Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,221 ★★★★★
    Wouldn't mind newer versions of both quake and magik at this point.

Magik got pretty cool design, She hits like a pillow, but the damage comes from non-stop hits back to back.
    I remember a very old war fight using a 5*r3 magik vs a 6* green Goblin on some regen node. I reached 230 hits in that 3 minute fight lol. Still couldn't kill goblin.
    problem is she heals with recoils on top of a permanent power lock. Plus the limbo is way too powerful for unavoidable damage.

Well I quaked quiet a lot, at some point I remember a goofy little thing I did; lost a war fight while using another champ with low health because I started the fight charging heavy lol. Woops

I used both champs in their finest hours.
    Now I can accept their broken design and move forward to get them balanced. Not balanced such that they became trash, but a justified balance.

Did I mention that magik and quake were cool?
    No? Cuz they were pretty cool. They are too cool to be left in the past.
    Bury hurrdurrcules in the past, idc. But would love if we can get to use both of them again as higher stars.
    Idk how but the 'want' for them is up there.