**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The Serpant's sp2 burst empowerment vs armored opponents clarification

Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,024 ★★★★
So The Serpant do burst dmg in the last 3 hits of his sp2, and its potency is MULTIPLIED by 250% of the opponent's armor rating, as you can see:

Now, I'll admit that Math was never my strong suit, but this sounded like it have a LOT of potential of dmg increase...
I've grinded a little bit for the 3* version, and started experimenting...
So first I've tested the damage of the sp2 vs RoL Winter solider, who ofc have just a little bit of armor, probably up to 500 armor rating max...

104 per burst, ok, if the initial dmg is supposed to be 65 per burst, the multiplication was times 1.6, for an opponent with a low armor rating...
Now let's try against someone with a way higher armor rating! If the dmg really multiplies by 250% of the opponent's armor rating... the same attack vs my 7* Odin, who starts the fight with an armor up of approx 3K armor rating, should hit a lot harder, right? Right...?
Nah
There's a difference, ofc, the dmg was multiplied by approx 2.8 times, but... that's not nearly what I've expected... the dmg right here is times approx 4.5...
Then I've said, let's double it!
Went to Necro, allowed Odin to throw an sp3, to gain a second armor up, so he essentially had double the armor rating of my Odin, and how did that influenced the damage? Well:

There, with like 6.5K armor rating, the dmg is multiplied by approx 5.5 times...
I've expected more, considering the kit's info

Comments

• Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,462 ★★★
    250 percent of 6000 is 15000. 65 x 15000 is 975,000. Either my maths is wrong or they messed up the phrasing.
  • Options

250 percent of 6000 is 15000. 65 x 15000 is 975,000. Either my maths is wrong or they messed up the phrasing.

Lol, I wouldn't really expect such game breaking numbers, but the wording there is soooo off... I think it could've been cool if they'd make it work just like it sounds, but reduce the multiplication to a reasonable number
  • Options

So The Serpant do burst dmg in the last 3 hits of his sp2, and its potency is MULTIPLIED by 250% of the opponent's armor rating, as you can see:

Now, I'll admit that Math was never my strong suit, but this sounded like it have a LOT of potential of dmg increase...
    I've grinded a little bit for the 3* version, and started experimenting...
    So first I've tested the damage of the sp2 vs RoL Winter solider, who ofc have just a little bit of armor, probably up to 500 armor rating max...

104 per burst, ok, if the initial dmg is supposed to be 65 per burst, the multiplication was times 1.6, for an opponent with a low armor rating...
    Now let's try against someone with a way higher armor rating! If the dmg really multiplies by 250% of the opponent's armor rating... the same attack vs my 7* Odin, who starts the fight with an armor up of approx 3K armor rating, should hit a lot harder, right? Right...?
    Nah
    There's a difference, ofc, the dmg was multiplied by approx 2.8 times, but... that's not nearly what I've expected... the dmg right here is times approx 4.5...
    Then I've said, let's double it!
    Went to Necro, allowed Odin to throw an sp3, to gain a second armor up, so he essentially had double the armor rating of my Odin, and how did that influenced the damage? Well:

There, with like 6.5K armor rating, the dmg is multiplied by approx 5.5 times...
    I've expected more, considering the kit's info

Disagrees is crazy
  • Options
    edited March 17

U get used to it
  • Options
    Also im planning on 100 percenting act 7 soon, I will use as much as the rescoruces I can on psycho man
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,681 Guardian
    You're thinking that it is multiplying by the flat value, when in reality it is likely using the % value after calculating the diminishing returns system. Gotta keep in mind that 6k armor isn't double of 3k, it is a mere 15% increase in actual armor value.

• Options
    Pikolu said:

You're thinking that it is multiplying by the flat value, when in reality it is likely using the % value after calculating the diminishing returns system. Gotta keep in mind that 6k armor isn't double of 3k, it is a mere 15% increase in actual armor value.

Oh yeah, thanks, I've forgot how the whole percentage system gives a whole another scaling to these things
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,880 Guardian
    His sp2 burst is super weird against sasquatch specifically. My r2 7* does like 12 damage in red total.
  • Options
    H3t3r said:

His sp2 burst is super weird against sasquatch specifically. My r2 7* does like 12 damage in red total.

My 7* Sasquatch have 0 armor rating, which means the red dmg indeed should be 0, idk about 12
  • Options
    FeuerschwerFeuerschwer Posts: 313 ★★
    Yeah sounds like it’s using the armor percentage, not the flat rating.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,944 ★★★★
    edited March 17
    The real question is how did that 3 star rank 1 Serpent survive that long in a necro fight?
  • Options
    EdisonLaw said:

The real question is how did that 3 star rank 1 Serpent survive that long in a necro fight?

Not really that long, as a 3* u start with like 30 charges
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    It’s almost like Kabam uses an unnecessarily complicated system for champ abilities that is never really explained to the summoner and tends to be unintuitive. #armorbreakcountsasnullify