**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Raids… it’s so bad… it’s still bad

2»

Comments

• Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★

Short timers? Die now mechanics? Then how on Earth did my group already kill the second mini (about to kill the third one) with zero issues? Lol for someone who likes to criticize others for their skill level, you don't sound like you're skilled yourself.

Gaming chair issues
    My mouse sensitivity was too high
  • Options
    TheExit27TheExit27 Posts: 679 ★★★
    Too bad Raids still effects teams that play War.

Can't place defenders if you aren't placed before Raids week starts (or unplace during Raids week).
    Can't switch out someone like Hit-Monkey from defense to instead use him for Raids.
    Can't get Kabam employees to address the situation... in & out of support OR in the Forums.

I make comments like this to bring attention to the bug, but instead I get the post taken down and a warning for it... INSTEAD of a response from Kabam saying "we're looking into it".
    It's been 5-6 weeks now and NOTHING from Kabam.
  • Options
    TheExit27TheExit27 Posts: 679 ★★★
    And for you "disagree"rs, it might not be happening to you, but it IS happening.
    And Kabam IS ignoring it. Ask @BettaLucNxtTime @ChrisAfterdark @Nicoya2410
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,640 ★★★★★

Short timers? Die now mechanics? Then how on Earth did my group already kill the second mini (about to kill the third one) with zero issues? Lol for someone who likes to criticize others for their skill level, you don't sound like you're skilled yourself.

Apparently you still haven’t figured out how to use Mantis and I’m still living rent free there. I guess those reading comprehension skills remain sharp as ever if that’s what you took away from my post.

Raids as a stand alone design isn’t strong, it’s only strong compared to another mode that’s staler than day old bread left out in the sun for two weeks.
  • Options

BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

3rd time around the charm? Nah. This drivel is **** with timers that are too short, really small champ selection and die now ****. The rewards are decent I guess but also RNG drivel. I think we are just all tired of being ignored at this point though so we soldier on… but every time this comes around it just makes me shake my head in disappointment.

Hard disagree. It's way too easy now.
    Sorry, I wasn’t clear on my initial post because of my dissatisfaction with the design. It’s not hard, it’s just not fun either. By the time the “fun” happens I’m either kicked out due to a timer or damage cap which I get penalized for in instadeath. In no game I’ve ever played has this been an element, why? Maybe, one or the other… but both? Nah. Because it feels cheap and petty.

Then to add to this the mode feels crazy restrictive with who I should use, which is a limit pool of champs that don’t all equally work, so it already feels beyond repetitive. Even on the first iteration my complaints have never been tied to the difficulty of the fights but the whole concept here.

And this is an alliance mode, where unless I retire completely I’m put in a position where if I want to continue to play the game with the people I like I’m stuck doing it.

The only reasons know of people engaging with it are the rewards which will be out of date before they get an update to make it worth it and the break from the constant slog of boring that is AQ.
    I still disagree. The cap and timer are there because you're supposed to share the fight with your path mates. You have to build charges for each other. One person can't just take the whole lane while the other 2 mooch off you. It's a team effort, not a single hero effort.

They've given us more access to the 1 gold revives and it's more than enough.

I am not sure how titan shards are out of date... or T6CC or a 7* Ultron... does them being RNG suck? Yes.
    Fair enough. My issue has always been the deaths being part of the structure. It would have been nice to have damage caps create something like a “mission complete” prompt and the ability to roll health over to the next attempt. Or time outs over 50% health reduce health by half and time outs under 50% then result in a KO. I just find the current mechanisms silly in comparison to what I’ve seen accomplished in other games.

I’m pessimistically forecasting the reward update based on typical update cycles. Agree, rewards are fine now, and RNG chests on a team mode suck.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

Apparently you still haven’t figured out how to use Mantis and I’m still living rent free there. I guess those reading comprehension skills remain sharp as ever if that’s what you took away from my post.

Raids as a stand alone design isn’t strong, it’s only strong compared to another mode that’s staler than day old bread left out in the sun for two weeks.
    That's what everyone took away from your post not just me, did you read the comments at all? Lmao
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,853 ★★★★★
    I just got the disconnection bug where all charges disappeared ... great, 3 raids in and they still haven't fixed bugs from day 1
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,438 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

3rd time around the charm? Nah. This drivel is **** with timers that are too short, really small champ selection and die now ****. The rewards are decent I guess but also RNG drivel. I think we are just all tired of being ignored at this point though so we soldier on… but every time this comes around it just makes me shake my head in disappointment.

Sorry, I wasn’t clear on my initial post because of my dissatisfaction with the design. It’s not hard, it’s just not fun either. By the time the “fun” happens I’m either kicked out due to a timer or damage cap which I get penalized for in instadeath. In no game I’ve ever played has this been an element, why? Maybe, one or the other… but both? Nah. Because it feels cheap and petty.

Then to add to this the mode feels crazy restrictive with who I should use, which is a limit pool of champs that don’t all equally work, so it already feels beyond repetitive. Even on the first iteration my complaints have never been tied to the difficulty of the fights but the whole concept here.

And this is an alliance mode, where unless I retire completely I’m put in a position where if I want to continue to play the game with the people I like I’m stuck doing it.

The only reasons know of people engaging with it are the rewards which will be out of date before they get an update to make it worth it and the break from the constant slog of boring that is AQ.
    I still disagree. The cap and timer are there because you're supposed to share the fight with your path mates. You have to build charges for each other. One person can't just take the whole lane while the other 2 mooch off you. It's a team effort, not a single hero effort.

I am not sure how titan shards are out of date... or T6CC or a 7* Ultron... does them being RNG suck? Yes.
    Fair enough. My issue has always been the deaths being part of the structure. It would have been nice to have damage caps create something like a “mission complete” prompt and the ability to roll health over to the next attempt. Or time outs over 50% health reduce health by half and time outs under 50% then result in a KO. I just find the current mechanisms silly in comparison to what I’ve seen accomplished in other games.

I’m pessimistically forecasting the reward update based on typical update cycles. Agree, rewards are fine now, and RNG chests on a team mode suck.
    So do you want this game to be like other games or standout? How many of those other games have been around 9.5 years? I don't want a game that is just like other games because what would the point be?

With the current changes to how many revives they give you, you don't have to spend any currency to complete the map. If you are building your charges and hitting damage caps, between three of you, it's a piece of cake.

I like the mode because the other option is AQ and I HATE AQ more than anything this game has to offer. Right now, raid fights aren't boring. I am sure they will be later on but I can swap paths and change it up.
  • Options
    edited March 19

BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

So do you want this game to be like other games or standout? How many of those other games have been around 9.5 years? I don't want a game that is just like other games because what would the point be?

With the current changes to how many revives they give you, you don't have to spend any currency to complete the map. If you are building your charges and hitting damage caps, between three of you, it's a piece of cake.

I like the mode because the other option is AQ and I HATE AQ more than anything this game has to offer. Right now, raid fights aren't boring. I am sure they will be later on but I can swap paths and change it up.
    I think highlighting that other games have done this mechanic better is not the same as saying I want all of MCOC to be like other games.

Standing out isn’t always a good thing. And judging raids on its own merits rather than through the lens of a false binary choice might be better for everyone than pretending something is good because it’s not the thing we both hate (agree with your AQ take wholeheartedly).
  • Options
    victor158victor158 Posts: 84

I just got the disconnection bug where all charges disappeared ... great, 3 raids in and they still haven't fixed bugs from day 1

that bug has been in the game for at least 2 years its not new to raids unfortunately. I have no faith in that getting fixed anytime soon
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,495 ★★★★
    My side made it to Ultron day 1 with revives to spare. I had 2 left over from last cycle, and had 2 left over still bytime I made it to Ultron. Still only had 25% t6cc 8 times and 50% 1 time though so still not worth.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,438 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

I think highlighting that other games have done this mechanic better is not the same as saying I want all of MCOC to be like other games.

Standing out isn’t always a good thing. And judging raids on its own merits rather than through the lens of a false binary choice might be better for everyone than pretending something is good because it’s not the thing we both hate (agree with your AQ take wholeheartedly).
    But you aren't judging it by it's own merits. You want it to be just like other games. So which is it?
  • Options
    Josh2507Josh2507 Posts: 655 ★★★★
    Raids are certainly better than aq

My only big issue with them is the die now damage cap

Either raise it, or implement it like we have in the Everest content. Just a simple per hit damage cap
  • Options
    WoowerinnWoowerinn Posts: 53
    Guys my Angeal does not make a big dmg on Ultron 6* dupp paralell nod i wached video undupp Angela better what shoukd be a problem? 😕🤷‍♂️
  • Options

BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

But you aren't judging it by it's own merits. You want it to be just like other games. So which is it?
    Welp. Just gonna bang the intellectually dishonest drum here? I think we both know you’re clever enough to know that’s not even the straw man of my point.
  • Options
    SamanunSamanun Posts: 668 ★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

3rd time around the charm? Nah. This drivel is [not to my liking] with timers that are too short, really small champ selection and die now [mechanic]. The rewards are decent I guess but also RNG drivel. I think we are just all tired of being ignored at this point though so we soldier on… but every time this comes around it just makes me shake my head in disappointment.

The mode is fine the only thing i would change is champs shouldn’t be k.o’ed if you time out but other than that it’s fine it’s not stressful at all so i cant really complain about the rewards and i feel like there are a-lot good champs for raids pretty much everyone is good except nick :/
  • Options
    kus234kus234 Posts: 222 ★★
    They are fun, our BG was at boss the first day and we are just chilling... use the right tactic, champ and buff, its an easy poesy mode with Amazing rewards, they looked brutal but turned out Meh
  • Options
    victor158victor158 Posts: 84
    Josh2507 said:

Raids are certainly better than aq

My only big issue with them is the die now damage cap

Either raise it, or implement it like we have in the Everest content. Just a simple per hit damage cap

Idk why you find the die now cap so bad, the revives are free so it literally doesnt hurt to die. if u look at just the numbers 10 fights a bg = 1000% health, capped at 12% a fight so minimum 84 fights. you get 15 lives for free per player, 10 players a bg 150 lives. you got 66 fight grace to ramp, to die, to do whatever you want. why is the cap an issue when the revives are free and well in excess of what you need? And how would a per hit dmg cap be better?
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,767 ★★★★★
    Was just telling my alliance mates yesterday that Kabam nerfed raids too hard. They agreed

I spent glory and artifacts for my raid tickets.
    I spent 7 gold on raid potions.

And that’s it.

Just fix the RNG rewards. Pulling 1/4 t6cc from all three chests is just… no.
  • Options
    shield311shield311 Posts: 380 ★★
    Interesting, I didn't wanna make a separate thread about this but was just curious apart for artifacts, whats better to buy raid tickets, loyalty or glory, I use all my glory almost instantly on Iso and catalysts and been slowly consmibg loyalty for cats too, etc too so any correct options? Should I save loyalty for the r4 catalysts or spend for tickets
  • Options
    Josh2507Josh2507 Posts: 655 ★★★★
    victor158 said:

Idk why you find the die now cap so bad, the revives are free so it literally doesnt hurt to die.

I find it hard to see why I should be punished for doing well in a fight

Oh you survived this long and dealt a bunch of damage? Ok you've had enough fun, time to die
  • Options
    ArmageddønArmageddøn Posts: 697 ★★★
    Typhoon said:

Was just telling my alliance mates yesterday that Kabam nerfed raids too hard. They agreed

I spent glory and artifacts for my raid tickets.
    I spent 7 gold on raid potions.

And that’s it.

Just fix the RNG rewards. Pulling 1/4 t6cc from all three chests is just… no.

Really hope they get rid of RNG rewards

Pulling 1/4 t6cc knowing that others are pulling 20k Titan shards from this for same effort or less is disappointing

They can Introduce some new currency like Raid medals exclusively for raids and make a progression based store including some Titan shards for valiants but these random drops just don't make any sense.