**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Battlegrounds matchmaking is bad.

So this month of battlegrounds I have noticed a huge increase in unfair matchmaking. I am currently stuck this season in diamond 1. I can not get past 2 consecutive wins. Every single match I am being put against people that have millions more rating than my account does, rosters that are completely stacked! me personally my roster is okay, I’m 3.4million rating I have 7 stars but at the most my roster consists of a couple of rank 5s, mostly rank 4 ascensions and 1 rank 2 7 star champion. So why in every single matchup am I facing an abundance of rank 3 7 stars, rank 2 7 star rosters all awakened,10 rank 5 ascensions when in comparison my account does not compare, I understand in the higher tiers of gladiator circuit or even the lower tiers you’ll eventually get to a place where you’re roster doesn’t cut it and be hardstuck in a rank that suits your progression… I usually always get to gladiator circuit this season has been impossible. For some context my account is global rank 86,000, 3.4 million rating. The other day my opponent global rank 54th in the world, 8.4 million rating. This was a week into the new season in diamond 3! And I get it… I can’t win every match it’s a lot of back and forth, facing people slightly higher, slightly lower, you’ll win 3 in a row, lose 4 in a row etc etc until you manage to climb your way up. This season in particular I had a day where I lost every match, every match my roster couldn’t compete their account progression was much better than mine and I was beat, I think I won 2/30 matches. I did beat some of these accounts but I won’t even claim it down to skill more so just drafting the correct counters and them not having a great selection. This really needs looking into because it is not okay especially in victory track. Is anyone else having this problem?!?

Comments

• Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,326 ★★★★★
    Welcome to diamond, I hope you'll enjoy your time here unfortunately Kabam won't handpick easy fights for you anymore, that pampering is reserved for only silver and golds ☹️
  • Options
    BKSwisherSweetBKSwisherSweet Posts: 145 ★★
    It works both ways with matchmaking.

Sometimes I get super tough opponents I most likely can't beat and sometimes I get really weak matches where they even quit out on the fight after looking at my roster lol.
  • Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 359 ★★
    Same in D2…I just only matched with Valiant accounts overflowing with ascended R5s and 7R2/3+…and they all have Onslought and Bullseye…🥵

I just give up, I don't even bother to play, i’m not wasting time on a deathmatch...pushed 3 players to D1. ..they are now D1's problem 👻
  • Options
    TheShinyDomeTheShinyDome Posts: 185 ★★
    That's what happens when everyone is competing for the same rewards. You can only go as high as your roster+skill can take you. You have to build up and then push farther.

I will also say that money spent/ roster size does not equate to skill and some matches against larger opponents are winnable. If nothing else fighting up like that is more likely to increase your skill so it's worth at least playing it through. That's just me though.
  • Options

GrO_ot78 said:

Same in D2…I just only matched with Valiant accounts overflowing with ascended R5s and 7R2/3+…and they all have Onslought and Bullseye…🥵

I just give up, I don't even bother to play, i’m not wasting time on a deathmatch...pushed 3 players to D1. ..they are now D1's problem 👻

You'd be surprised how many large accounts can actually be beaten. Maybe it's just me, but I have a thing about quitting. There have been multiple times I'm facing accounts that are much larger but still lose
    I did it in D4 and D3...but then their weakest champ wasn’t unduped R5, like the ones I face now.

I have 5 R5s and 3 ascended R4s…if I get 4 of them, I have a chance…but it doesn't happen very often…🥵

Maybe in 2037?!?
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,713 ★★★★★
    They have millions more rating, you have 3.4M. You should know by now that rating means nothing.
  • Options
    JayZ_GAJayZ_GA Posts: 8

They have millions more rating, you have 3.4M. You should know by now that rating means nothing.

This reply is irrelevant and shows your little understanding of the game mode. An even matchmaking will allow players with skill to progress while the unskilled fall at a lower ranking. To say that a 5 million rating difference doesn’t matter is ridiculous. If a R3 Titania goes up against a 6* R4 a barely average player can take that fight incredibly fast in the same sense that you can go into act2 and do a path on auto fight with a decent roster. In the same way as if my 3.4 million roster goes up against a 400k rating roster I don’t even need to try, my basic champions are to strong for a roster of that size, regardless of skill, even if they finish with 100% health, I win on time. So your argument is irrelevant.
  • Options
    JayZ_GA said:

This reply is irrelevant and shows your little understanding of the game mode. An even matchmaking will allow players with skill to progress while the unskilled fall at a lower ranking. To say that a 5 million rating difference doesn’t matter is ridiculous. If a R3 Titania goes up against a 6* R4 a barely average player can take that fight incredibly fast in the same sense that you can go into act2 and do a path on auto fight with a decent roster. In the same way as if my 3.4 million roster goes up against a 400k rating roster I don’t even need to try, my basic champions are to strong for a roster of that size, regardless of skill, even if they finish with 100% health, I win on time. So your argument is irrelevant.
    I have 5.1M rating, and at least 3M Are from 1-5* maxed champs that will never make it to the deck...
    Why are you comparing your 3.4M with a 400k rofl
    Are the accounts you are facing close to 8 times your rating? Lol..
    My argument is not irrelevant, the measurememt criteria you are using is.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,295 ★★★★★
    No offense but sounds like you need to work on your skills, my account is slightly smaller than yours and I'm already two wins away from V1 (GC). A whale isn't an automatic loss if you know what you're doing, you can 100% beat huge accounts if you strategize well and play well.
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 680 ★★★
    When you compare accounts between 2.5mil to 4mil accounts, yeah there might not much different in the strength of the Dex rosters.

But when look at accounts at 6 mil and above, it is a big different comparing to a 2.5 - 4 mil accounts.

Take this account as examples, newest champs max ranking and sig, was in Diamond 2 two weeks into the season.

This is because players now have the ability to buy all the newest champs and Kabam releasing crazy Def every month. All this does lead to quite a few unwinnable match up.

The thing is, it is not the players faults (small or large accounts). The account above does nothing wrong, they paid for these champs and they should get an advantage over smaller accounts, but it would be nice if these massive accounts move up quickly and play in their own lead in GC or C5, instead of hanging around a overpower the little accounts. Not sure how many people think it would be a nice or fun fight to see Anthony Joshua box in featherweight.

The problem lie with the game mode and the eco around it. This account (and many other large accounts) were/are still in VT long into the season, and some even to the very last day. This itself make the game mode stagnated and less enjoyable, when players come up again unwinnable match up again and again , so even more players play less and it is a vicious cycle.

My suggestion to improve the game mode are (and it is not about changing the match up).

1) Update the Solo Milestones - But not with more rewards, but change it to BG Store Token instead. Then update the store for all progression, so players can use the extra tokens to buy whatever they want.

2) Reduce the required win in Vibranium 3 and 2, to 3 win (instead of the current 5), and only the Vibranium 1 (the last ranking before GC) require 5 wins. By doing this it will help reduce the amount of bottleneck, which would help with follow of players, and in doing reduce "bad" match up naturally.

At the end of the day, I have seen this been discussed many time, and every players have their perpective, but the true is it doesn't make any different. It is a Kabam's game and only doen to Kabam to choose if they want to do anything about it.

As players just try to find your fun, it is only a mobile game (not the blood sport that some players like to make BG VT out to be).
  • Options
    Fryday said:

When you compare accounts between 2.5mil to 4mil accounts, yeah there might not much different in the strength of the Dex rosters.

But when look at accounts at 6 mil and above, it is a big different comparing to a 2.5 - 4 mil accounts.

Take this account as examples, newest champs max ranking and sig, was in Diamond 2 two weeks into the season.

This is because players now have the ability to buy all the newest champs and Kabam releasing crazy Def every month. All this does lead to quite a few unwinnable match up.

The thing is, it is not the players faults (small or large accounts). The account above does nothing wrong, they paid for these champs and they should get an advantage over smaller accounts, but it would be nice if these massive accounts move up quickly and play in their own lead in GC or C5, instead of hanging around a overpower the little accounts. Not sure how many people think it would be a nice or fun fight to see Anthony Joshua box in featherweight.

The problem lie with the game mode and the eco around it. This account (and many other large accounts) were/are still in VT long into the season, and some even to the very last day. This itself make the game mode stagnated and less enjoyable, when players come up again unwinnable match up again and again , so even more players play less and it is a vicious cycle.

My suggestion to improve the game mode are (and it is not about changing the match up).

1) Update the Solo Milestones - But not with more rewards, but change it to BG Store Token instead. Then update the store for all progression, so players can use the extra tokens to buy whatever they want.

2) Reduce the required win in Vibranium 3 and 2, to 3 win (instead of the current 5), and only the Vibranium 1 (the last ranking before GC) require 5 wins. By doing this it will help reduce the amount of bottleneck, which would help with follow of players, and in doing reduce "bad" match up naturally.

At the end of the day, I have seen this been discussed many time, and every players have their perpective, but the true is it doesn't make any different. It is a Kabam's game and only doen to Kabam to choose if they want to do anything about it.

As players just try to find your fun, it is only a mobile game (not the blood sport that some players like to make BG VT out to be).

1st change sounds nice
    2nd No, people are not entitled to get to GC. You are right its not a blood sport, its supposed to be fun. If fun was the only factor people would have stopped spending a long time ago.
  • Options
    Hi @BringPopcorn ,

Well at least we agreed on some points 😄.

Yes, it is not a blood sport and it is meant to be fun.

However I (and I'm sure many other too) watch USAFA opening video, seem like a really nice guy, love his spreadsheet, he seem to really enjoy buying those crystals, and while he might play at the higher level, I don't believe that he spend to be "competitive".

I always believe that people more willing to part with their money when they have fun and enjoy the product, instead of feeling like they been force to do so.

We can see it in BG, players are not spending, they just stop playing, hence why big accounts in lower ranking and Uru ar empty (it wasn't like a few seasons before)

Take Lego as a good example, the products are expensive comparing to other. People still buy endless amount, there is nothing challenges about it, just a lot of fun, and people are happy to hand over their hard earn cash for it.

For me, I even know that I could get knock off from China for cheaper, but I chose not too, imo Lego have one of the best customer support.

Fun and customer service is the best way to take people money 🤣🤣🤣 imo
  • Options
    Fryday said:

Hi @BringPopcorn ,

However I (and I'm sure many other too) watch USAFA opening video, seem like a really nice guy, love his spreadsheet, he seem to really enjoy buying those crystals, and while he might play at the higher level, I don't believe that he spend to be "competitive".

I always believe that people more willing to part with their money when they have fun and enjoy the product, instead of feeling like they been force to do so.

We can see it in BG, players are not spending, they just stop playing, hence why big accounts in lower ranking and Uru ar empty (it wasn't like a few seasons before)

Take Lego as a good example, the products are expensive comparing to other. People still buy endless amount, there is nothing challenges about it, just a lot of fun, and people are happy to hand over their hard earn cash for it.

For me, I even know that I could get knock off from China for cheaper, but I chose not too, imo Lego have one of the best customer support.

I guess what I am trying to say is that saying that GC is the imaginary line between fun and not fun is a bad excuse.
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 813 ★★★
    Actually the rewards are not worth pushing for which is why many late paragon and valiant players have not bothered pushing for gc and are just playing for daily milestones
  • Options
    CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,109 ★★★★
    JayZ_GA said:

BGs isn't only about skill, it is also about roster. This was made abundantly clear by Kabam since the game mode was announced. You need both to progress. If it was only about skill there would be a cap on the rarity and rank of champions we are allowed to use.

BGs has preferential matchmaking up until platinum to allow players to earn some rewards. Once a player reaches platinum, they are matched with other players regardless of skill level or roster size. What people don't seem to understand is that not everybody is supposed to reach GC. Some players are meant to reach their plateau somewhere along VT.
  • Options

Fryday said:

Hi @BringPopcorn ,

I guess what I am trying to say is that saying that GC is the imaginary line between fun and not fun is a bad excuse.
    I would fully agreed with you @BringPopcorn on this if Kabam didn't added the Nightcrawler Runes (and Guillotine DL in the pass) in as the rewards for for completing VT.

Without it, it is fine, win some lose some, just have bit of fun playing it, but now, with the chase item it can become so what stressful.

Honestly, right now I really struggle to find the fun in BG, and this is from someone that actually like BG, event if I don't play at end BG.

Currently there are usually 3 scenarios:-

1) Playing an unwinnable match against an account more than double your size (relatively often) in VT, 2 weeks into the season - Not enjoying that

2) Win against an account that is smaller than myself, not enjoy that either, don't like feeling like a bully.

3) Of occasionally win or lose fights to a similar accounts size or skill, yeah GG (as long as AI and input bug doesn't mess you up). 🤣

But I have 11 days to get to GC or I have to say buy buy to that Nightcrawler, all while at the same time, making sure I still have enough energy to complete this final set of WoW. So yeah do missing a bit of the fun.

Anyway good chatting to you and hope you have a good weekend 😊👍
  • Options
    Fryday said:

Fryday said:

Hi @BringPopcorn ,

I would fully agreed with you @BringPopcorn on this if Kabam didn't added the Nightcrawler Runes (and Guillotine DL in the pass) in as the rewards for for completing VT.

Without it, it is fine, win some lose some, just have bit of fun playing it, but now, with the chase item it can become so what stressful.

Honestly, right now I really struggle to find the fun in BG, and this is from someone that actually like BG, event if I don't play at end BG.

1) Playing an unwinnable match against an account more than double your size (relatively often) in VT, 2 weeks into the season - Not enjoying that

2) Win against an account that is smaller than myself, not enjoy that either, don't like feeling like a bully.

3) Of occasionally win or lose fights to a similar accounts size or skill, yeah GG (as long as AI and input bug doesn't mess you up). 🤣

But I have 11 days to get to GC or I have to say buy buy to that Nightcrawler, all while at the same time, making sure I still have enough energy to complete this final set of WoW. So yeah do missing a bit of the fun.

I get it, I am not pin pointing the issue at you personally. Lets just be honest though, 7* NC won't change your or my life. I do get it though and I do understand wanting it, cause I am working on it as well. My comment about GC is not directed for people like you or me. Its for the endless and neverending posts about BG unfairness from Cav, TB, New Paragons thatnconstantly ask "How am I supposed to advance" or get NC. Will all of the people who want NC so much and blame BGs be able to clear 25 rooms in Incursions if thats the target?
  • Options
    Hi @BringPopcorn ,

Fair enough mate, glad we can have a mature discussion, anyway I better get back to grinding 🤣🤣🤣.

Have a good weekend mate 😊👍
  • Options
    Fryday said:

Fryday said:

Hi @BringPopcorn ,

And tbh I think a lot of people focused on 1 out of the 10 points I made and ran with it. I’m all for a challenge if eventually I think yeah it’s difficult but if I keep going I will get there. Matchmaking should not stop until you reach gladiator circuit. Because essentially I am winning my fights against people of my progression, I’m winning fights against accounts of 4 mill / 5 mill and even higher, and it’s fine when I lose to those accounts I have no issue with knowing that someone is just better skilled then me. But essentially I am being absolutely brutalised by accounts 6-7-8mill 8 out of 10 match ups, people that will eventually be competing in the top 1000+ of GC and that’s just not okay. Even if I win my fights against people of my level or slightly higher and I’m doing well, I’ll just get matched up against 3 or 4 6mill+ accounts that just reset me back down it’s not skill at that point it’s pure power vs not. I’m happy knowing I can make GC but stay at a lower ranking, I know I’m good enough to get in the lower tiers. I have absolutely no issue knowing that people are just much better than me. But matchmaking should not end until your on GC because your rank will determine itself with skill.
  • Options

Fryday said:

Fryday said:

Hi @BringPopcorn ,

I get it, I am not pin pointing the issue at you personally. Let’s just be honest though, 7* NC won't change your or my life. I do get it though and I do understand wanting it, cause I am working on it as well. My comment about GC is not directed for people like you or me. It’s for the endless and neverending posts about BG unfairness from Cav, TB, New Paragons thatnconstantly ask "How am I supposed to advance" or get NC. Will all of the people who want NC so much and blame BGs be able to clear 25 rooms in Incursions if thats the target?
    And it’s not just TB and New paragon accounts, I’ve been paragon for a very long time, I’ve done all of act 8.3, im not a new paragon account moaning, my deck is incredibly strong but that incredibly strong deck does not compete against 7 and 8 mill plain and simple.

• Options
    JayZ_GA said:

Fryday said:

Fryday said:

Hi @BringPopcorn ,

I get it, I am not pin pointing the issue at you personally. Let’s just be honest though, 7* NC won't change your or my life. I do get it though and I do understand wanting it, cause I am working on it as well. My comment about GC is not directed for people like you or me. It’s for the endless and neverending posts about BG unfairness from Cav, TB, New Paragons thatnconstantly ask "How am I supposed to advance" or get NC. Will all of the people who want NC so much and blame BGs be able to clear 25 rooms in Incursions if thats the target?
    And it’s not just TB and New paragon accounts, I’ve been paragon for a very long time, I’ve done all of act 8.3, im not a new paragon account moaning, my deck is incredibly strong but that incredibly strong deck does not compete against 7 and 8 mill plain and simple.

I can put my 7r3 Bishop, 6r4, 5r4, 4r5, 3r4 in a single team and the rating is over 60k, now do that for over 200 champs... See why rating doesn't matters?
    You comparing yourself to maybe the top 5% of the game, with an "incredibly strong roster" that has 1 7r2. Do you face them all the time? Most likely 5-10 times at most per season.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,197 ★★★★★
    JayZ_GA said:

Fryday said:

Fryday said:

Hi @BringPopcorn ,

Never thought I said it but 30 champions equals maybes 1m of the champions so you don’t really phrasing there full roster and i get the frustration with it but there wil always be one guy down the line who doesn’t enjoy bg and only play it a bit not a lot
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    Another day, another Doug.
  • Options

• Options

JayZ_GA said:

Fryday said:

Fryday said:

Hi @BringPopcorn ,

I can put my 7r3 Bishop, 6r4, 5r4, 4r5, 3r4 in a single team and the rating is over 60k, now do that for over 200 champs... See why rating doesn't matters?
    You comparing yourself to maybe the top 5% of the game, with an "incredibly strong roster" that has 1 7r2. Do you face them all the time? Most likely 5-10 times at most per season.
    Ohh sorry i forgot for a second this is the internet where people will twist a sentence in a paragraph. Powerful account for my rating being that I chose to invest in what people would class strong attackers and defenders. Scroll up to find multiple messages of me saying I’m not the greatest player by a longshot in this game. To say rating in this game means nothing is beyond a delusion. But I can see from you commenting on others posts you don’t offer much meaningful or constructive to a conversation.
  • Options
    JayZ_GA said:

JayZ_GA said:

Fryday said:

Fryday said:

Hi @BringPopcorn ,

Ohh sorry i forgot for a second this is the internet where people will twist a sentence in a paragraph. Powerful account for my rating being that I chose to invest in what people would class strong attackers and defenders. Scroll up to find multiple messages of me saying I’m not the greatest player by a longshot in this game. To say rating in this game means nothing is beyond a delusion. But I can see from you commenting on others posts you don’t offer much meaningful or constructive to a conversation.
    I never questioned your skill, when I said top 5% i meant mega spenders...
    Rating doesn't matter its just a combined number lf champions of all star rarity.
    Delusion? Delusion is thinking in march 2024 that a deck with 1 7r2 is "incredibly strong"
  • Options

JayZ_GA said:

JayZ_GA said:

Fryday said:

Fryday said:

Hi @BringPopcorn ,

Rating doesn't matter its just a combined number lf champions of all star rarity.
    Delusion? Delusion is thinking in march 2024 that a deck with 1 7r2 is "incredibly strong"
    Literally just taking a 3 word sentence out of context as I literally just said you do 😂 good one bro
  • Options
    JayZ_GA said:

JayZ_GA said:

JayZ_GA said:

Fryday said:

Fryday said:

Hi @BringPopcorn ,

Literally just taking a 3 word sentence out of context as I literally just said you do 😂 good one bro
    You are " incredible"