Nightcrawler not switching ever bug?

ChovnerChovner Member Posts: 1,218 ★★★★★
Going through BGs I've noticed A LOT of Nightcrawlers post buff, but didn't see anything in his buff making him THAT big of an issue in BGs. After facing several I've noticed that's it's pretty much impossible to switch his stance anymore, which I don't see as part of his new kit.

I didn't bother searching through threads to see if this is a widely known issue, so I just went to the Trello Board ( https://trello.com/b/yM4RGbuU/mcoc-community-bugs-and-issues-tracker ) to see if a NC bug was listed but don't see anything there.

So I'm basically looking to see if anyone can confirm whether this is a known bug or not, and if so why isn't it listed on the Trello Board?

@Kabam Jax

Comments

• Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,690 ★★★★★
    I can still switch his stance pretty consistently, depends how the AI feels sometimes.
  • JollyHawkJollyHawk Member Posts: 604 ★★★

I can still switch his stance pretty consistently, depends how the AI feels sometimes.

I was able to switch it in two fights, and then the third time the AI didn't help me out at all.
  • Wong_99Wong_99 Member Posts: 604 ★★★
    Chovner said:

The switch icon keeps disappearing while I'm hitting his block without him actually dropping his block

That’s always happened to me, I assumed it was a fun and interactive feature, not a bug
  • DarthMysticDarthMystic Member Posts: 63
    It's the same thing as with photon. The ai no longer just holds block when hitting into it.
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,232 ★★★★
    It seems even the dash back and light thing isn't working consistently anymore either. I tried to do it 10 times , I AM NOT EXAGGERATING. He just dashes back and instead of holding block and switching, his counter just appears and instantaneously disappears and he keeps holding block.
  • JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    It happened after his buff. It’s the new spend more cash feature
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,022 ★★★★★
    The AI no longer goes back and hold block.

Most of times AI goes back and do "hold block, no block, hold block, no block" 5 times in 1 seconds.
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,891 ★★★★★
    edited March 26
    Chovner said:

Going through BGs I've noticed A LOT of Nightcrawlers post buff, but didn't see anything in his buff making him THAT big of an issue in BGs. After facing several I've noticed that's it's pretty much impossible to switch his stance anymore, which I don't see as part of his new kit.

I didn't bother searching through threads to see if this is a widely known issue, so I just went to the Trello Board ( https://trello.com/b/yM4RGbuU/mcoc-community-bugs-and-issues-tracker ) to see if a NC bug was listed but don't see anything there.

So I'm basically looking to see if anyone can confirm whether this is a known bug or not, and if so why isn't it listed on the Trello Board?

@Kabam Jax

Got a switch on a 7* NC tonight in BGs. Funny thing is I really didn’t mean to make him switch and am not sure why it happened.

One thing is for sure: the defender AI behaves weird.

Dr. Zola
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,016 ★★★★★
    I've still found the most reliable way to force NC to switch is to throw a light attack from a distance, it eventually causes him to hold his block - not as well as he used to in the days when Dork Lessons shared the tip, but it's still the most reliable I've found.
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,690 ★★★★★
    I'm too dense to be able to put a video here, or is show how I do it. But it's like mentioned above, throw a light into the air. I get it on the first or second try normally never more than. 3.
  • xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Member Posts: 1,394 ★★★★★
    Chovner said:

The switch icon keeps disappearing while I'm hitting his block without him actually dropping his block

He just wants to reparry you. It's part of everyone's kit now
  • WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Member Posts: 952 ★★★
    Majority of the time, whiffing a light attack doesn't do squat. a few success but he switches when he's got me corners.
    Rather the skip fights than pour units and $$$$ into it.
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Member Posts: 2,288 ★★★★★
    edited April 2
    You need to time your light attack wiff.

What normally works is 3 -4 hits into the block. Dash back (hope he also dashes back) and tap the screen
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★
    well one thing is for sure .. since the buff it is way more difficult to do something that was so simple ... but maybe that was intended.