**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How is this even fair?

ASTRAL17ASTRAL17 Posts: 15
edited March 26 in General Discussion
How am I supposed to get the 7 star nightcrawler when i keep getting matched with opponents with way higher ranked champs this is complete bs i am in diamond 3 right now,at first I thought i will wait till the end of season and push, but looks like thats not possible, see for yourselves @Kabam
The last 2 images is my roster

Comments

• Options

As of platinum 2 there is no longer any matchmaking system shielding you from bigger accounts. You’ll match anyone searching for a match at the same time as you in your league

Still not fair sucks for players like me who do not have good rosters
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    Diamond III
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    edited March 26
    ASTRAL17 said:

As of platinum 2 there is no longer any matchmaking system shielding you from bigger accounts. You’ll match anyone searching for a match at the same time as you in your league

If you only matched against opponents with equal rosters, then everyone who spent money or time trying to better their rosters gets forced to only play the toughest of opponents, no matter their rank. Is it fair to them to have a more difficult time even though they put more effort into their account?

Edit: I also wouldn’t worry about getting 7* nc. If diamond 3 is difficult, vibranium is gonna be much worse. (I speak from personal experience) It looks like he wants the dupe anyway, so don’t stress if you miss out on him.
  • Options

Why do you think you are supposed to get it?...
    7* NC won't change your life or account anyway.

Maybe cause i like the champion?
    What the point of playing if i have no set goal??
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 681 ★★★★
    ASTRAL17 said:

What exactly would be fair then? Everyone getting a 7* regardless of roster or progression?

There are still a good amount of 5* as your higher rated champs. It's definitely possible for you to still get there, but I'm not sure that your roster is ready
  • Options
    Stertsl said:

ASTRAL17 said:

That's your limit then. Why would they help you get to gc when others grind their asses off for the same thing? It wouldn't be fair for others. Also, you're diamond 3 and he's diamond 3, I don't see why it's not fair to match someone the same tier. At the end of the day it's a competition and all of us are competing for the same stuff. Of course this is gonna happen
    How is that my limit if i keep getting placed with people with higher ranked champs how does that even make sense to you?, i could keep trying again and again and still keep losing, and i am not asking kabam for help i am just saying matchmaking needs to balanced, people like you keep meat riding kabam
  • Options

ASTRAL17 said:

What exactly would be fair then? Everyone getting a 7* regardless of roster or progression?

There are still a good amount of 5* as your higher rated champs. It's definitely possible for you to still get there, but I'm not sure that your roster is ready
    I am sure there are players who don’t have high ranked champs like me in diamond III maybe get matched equally????? 🫠
  • Options
    ASTRAL17 said:

Stertsl said:

ASTRAL17 said:

That's your limit then. Why would they help you get to gc when others grind their asses off for the same thing? It wouldn't be fair for others. Also, you're diamond 3 and he's diamond 3, I don't see why it's not fair to match someone the same tier. At the end of the day it's a competition and all of us are competing for the same stuff. Of course this is gonna happen
    How is that my limit if i keep getting placed with people with higher ranked champs how does that even make sense to you?, i could keep trying again and again and still keep losing, and i am not asking kabam for help i am just saying matchmaking needs to balanced, people like you keep meat riding kabam
    It’s your limit if you can no longer progress further. Your best bet is to make a final push at the end of the season when there are less stacked rosters still in vt
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,713 ★★★★★
    ASTRAL17 said:

You are skipping parts then. Your set goal is to get NC, in order to do that you can either get to GC or buy the tokens.
  • Options

ASTRAL17 said:

You are skipping parts then. Your set goal is to get NC, in order to do that you can either get to GC or buy the tokens.
    I am not skipping any parts ofc i know to get NC i need to get to GC why would i even push to diamond 3 then the problem is matchmaking it’s that simple :|

• Options

Another day, another Doug.

Shh
  • Options
    ASTRAL17 said:

ASTRAL17 said:

I am sure there are players who don’t have high ranked champs like me in diamond III maybe get matched equally????? 🫠
    The problem is that equal matchmaking and "fair" matchmaking aren't necessarily the same thing, nor should the expectation of getting into the GC each season being a given.

The point of BG is a competition amongst the entire player base to see who has what it takes to be the best. To give everyone a chance to at least somewhat progress, matchmaking looks more at roster strength before Plat II. This makes it easier for smaller accounts, but harder for big accounts.

Starting in Platinum II, anyone is fair game. As the stronger accounts move up, more and more smaller accounts phase out as they just can't keep up. That's how it's designed to be.

With smaller accounts, there's much more variability. In past seasons, more experienced players proved in equal roster matchmaking, their alt accounts glided through while their stacked main accounts were struggling. That is part of why matchmaking was changed.

What you're suggesting is actually not only not fair to the bigger accounts, but also goes against the very purpose of BG
  • Options

ASTRAL17 said:

ASTRAL17 said:

The problem is that equal matchmaking and "fair" matchmaking aren't necessarily the same thing, nor should the expectation of getting into the GC each season being a given.

The point of BG is a competition amongst the entire player base to see who has what it takes to be the best. To give everyone a chance to at least somewhat progress, matchmaking looks more at roster strength before Plat II. This makes it easier for smaller accounts, but harder for big accounts.

Starting in Platinum II, anyone is fair game. As the stronger accounts move up, more and more smaller accounts phase out as they just can't keep up. That's how it's designed to be.

With smaller accounts, there's much more variability. In past seasons, more experienced players proved in equal roster matchmaking, their alt accounts glided through while their stacked main accounts were struggling. That is part of why matchmaking was changed.

What you're suggesting is actually not only not fair to the bigger accounts, but also goes against the very purpose of BG
    English isn’t my first language so i meant fair instead of equal and last season i reached vibranium tier and almost into GC how would you explain that?
  • Options
    ASTRAL17 said:

ASTRAL17 said:

ASTRAL17 said:

English isn’t my first language so i meant fair instead of equal and last season i reached vibranium tier and almost into GC how would you explain that?
    Last month a lot of people had no reason to play bgs since the rewards don’t justify the effort. Now that nightcrawler runestones are available, more players are trying to push.
  • Options

ASTRAL17 said:

ASTRAL17 said:

ASTRAL17 said:

Last month a lot of people had no reason to play bgs since the rewards don’t justify the effort. Now that nightcrawler runestones are available, more players are trying to push.
    “Most players” also includes players with low ranked champs and i barely see any in higher ranks,its only the spenders or really high ranked players
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,713 ★★★★★
    Can get 7* NC is not the same as will get 7* NC.
  • Options
    ASTRAL17 said:

ASTRAL17 said:

ASTRAL17 said:

Part of it could be the number of smaller accounts could have decreased since last season. Additionally, the difficulty normally comes in waves. Larger accounts eventually move out of a tier, but new larger accounts come in as well. Navigating the relative difficulty throughout the season will greatly help.

I know it can be frustrating, but even these larger accounts face challenges too. I constantly had to face stacked Valiant accounts with the latest defenders. I actually became better because of that as I had to learn how to outskill people with larger accounts
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 992 ★★★★
    So you can't get passed these bigger roster, people who have done more in the game than you have to be where they are

But you think you should get rewards that they cannot as of now (they are in D3 also, so no GC yet).

I just don't know how you think this should work.

Should the NIT participants get into the Final 4 because they feel entitled to?

You asked how you have hit your limit and then answered your own question saying you couldn't beat the roster here.

And you aren't a special snowflake. Every other roster like yours is facing the same competition.
  • Options
    mbgibsonmbgibson Posts: 112
    ASTRAL17 said:

the problem is matchmaking it’s that simple :|

Matchmaking isn't the problem, your roster size is. Honestly the three rosters you have shown aren't even that stacked. No ascended JJ, Onslaught, Bullseye, Photon, Serpent, ETC. If I had to guess I'd say you'll be running into similar account sizes the rest of the climb...
  • Options
    Priyansh7Priyansh7 Posts: 445 ★★

I get what everyone here is saying and I agree a little bit on both sides of the thing but I think the match making needs to be done based on what rank of champions both players have in the same league and not just anyone. If there's a couple of r2 7*s and 6 r5 6*s for 2 players, they should be matched and not someone with no 7*'s and lower 6*'s being matched with a gigantic roster of multiple 7*'s. It's just not fair.
  • Options
    Priyansh7 said:

I get what everyone here is saying and I agree a little bit on both sides of the thing but I think the match making needs to be done based on what rank of champions both players have in the same league and not just anyone. If there's a couple of r2 7*s and 6 r5 6*s for 2 players, they should be matched and not someone with no 7*'s and lower 6*'s being matched with a gigantic roster of multiple 7*'s. It's just not fair.
    How would that work without reopening the door to sandbagging and other deck manipulations?
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 992 ★★★★
    Priyansh7 said:

If we are competing for the same rewards... you have to beat the man to be the man
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,197 ★★★★★
    ASTRAL17 said:

ASTRAL17 said:

I am not skipping any parts ofc i know to get NC i need to get to GC why would i even push to diamond 3 then the problem is matchmaking it’s that simple :|

Now to sound rude but a smail roster wasn’t meant to get to gc. Unfortunately that’s the case
  • Options
    ASTRAL17 said:

ASTRAL17 said:

ASTRAL17 said:

ASTRAL17 said:

“Most players” also includes players with low ranked champs and i barely see any in higher ranks,its only the spenders or really high ranked players
    I’m in vibranium and trust me I see the same thing. All accounts double my size and usually valiant. A lot of top players aren’t rushing to get out of victory track, which blocks off smaller rosters from progressing since they can’t get past this wall of big accounts.
  • Options
    Priyansh7 said:

I’m not saying matchmaking is perfect the way it is, in fact I have a huge post in DNA’s thread that goes into detail about the flaws of matchmaking.

Lower level players shouldn’t have to constantly fight these monster accounts, but roster matchmaking isn’t the solution. With that system, my cavalier alt could cruise right to go only matching against other weak accounts, most of whom won’t have the same game knowledge as myself. (Since they’re probably not alts)

Meanwhile my main would have to fight tooth and nail through only high tier accounts, even if I’m bronze 3.

For my cav to have so much easier of a time is wildly unfair to my main that has 20x the effort put into that account.
  • Options
    mbgibsonmbgibson Posts: 112

Lower level players shouldn’t have to constantly fight these monster accounts, but roster matchmaking isn’t the solution. With that system, my cavalier alt could cruise right to go only matching against other weak accounts, most of whom won’t have the same game knowledge as myself. (Since they’re probably not alts)

I'd like to see some sort of incentive for the better accounts to push for GC earlier in the season. Not sure what that incentive should be, but I think it would resolve a lot of the problems.