**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

The glance mechanic

Are we ever going to get a champ that can counter the glance? Is there a champ that can do that? If so let me know, if not kabam can we get one?

Comments

• Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 4,258 ★★★★★
    Only things i know bypass glance are those that cant be modified abilities but hits would still glance so no crits and reguced damage but they would land there stuff like ultron can apply his debuffs as his functions are immune to modification kushala, omega sent vs storm px
  • Options
    ArizonabayArizonabay Posts: 19
    Bendy said:

Only things i know bypass glance are those that cant be modified abilities but hits would still glance so no crits and reguced damage but they would land there stuff like ultron can apply his debuffs as his functions are immune to modification kushala, omega sent vs storm px

Thanks for the info. I should have probably phrase the question better, a champ that can't glance on normal hits or specials
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 4,258 ★★★★★

Bendy said:

Thanks for the info. I should have probably phrase the question better, a champ that can't glance on normal hits or specials
    In that term no we dont have anyone like that i wish we would as its such an annoying ability and i hate it i want a champ that can crit and bypass glance fully like an immunity
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,640 ★★★★★

Are we ever going to get a champ that can counter the glance? Is there a champ that can do that? If so let me know, if not kabam can we get one?

Shocker essentially does
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,122 ★★★★★
    edited March 29

Vox does it all the time, he has 300% ability accuracy 😘
    He's literally a Maestro killer
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,367 ★★★★
    Doesn’t pierce prevent glance?
  • Options
    Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Posts: 368 ★★★
    PT_99 said:

He absolutely is. When I figured that out, I R5 and Ascended mine (bonus that he's fun as heck to use), but Maestro is showing up more and more in AW, so having a solid counter to him seemed like a good move. Same for the occasional annoying Storm Px, he just breezes through her (though she doesn't need any special counters, he just makes it easier)
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,347 ★★★★★

Nope.
    PT_99 said:

The degen is what kills Maestro. You can build up buffs for it before Maestro gets to his glance. Champs with strong DOT effects that come from specials and not built up by basic attacks can do the same thing.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,122 ★★★★★

Nope.
    PT_99 said:

The degen is what kills Maestro. You can build up buffs for it before Maestro gets to his glance. Champs with strong DOT effects that come from specials and not built up by basic attacks can do the same thing.
    Even if Maestro reach his "glance" THAT WILL NOT prevent Vox from getting his buffs, he has 300% accuracy, his buffs NEVER fail to trigger.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★

PT_99 said:

He absolutely is. When I figured that out, I R5 and Ascended mine (bonus that he's fun as heck to use), but Maestro is showing up more and more in AW, so having a solid counter to him seemed like a good move. Same for the occasional annoying Storm Px, he just breezes through her (though she doesn't need any special counters, he just makes it easier)
    Vox is great, but I I rarely pick him in my BGs draft. I have a 7r2 unawakened, and it might just be the VT meta, but I feel he doesn't do the fight quick enough. Awakening would probably help with pausing the degens so I wasn't constantly having to apply them. I luckily have multiple mystic Maestro counters, so I don't really need Vox for that, but I am debating swapping him out for another champ in the deck.

I also do path 3 in AW, and while Vox is great for the first 2 fights, I can't really use him much elsewhere. Maestro on stunning reflection always needs to be my Werewolf.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,347 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Nope.
    PT_99 said:

Even if Maestro reach his "glance" THAT WILL NOT prevent Vox from getting his buffs, he has 300% accuracy, his buffs NEVER fail to trigger.
    I meant his buffs feed into the degen and you can get enough to kill Maestro fast. I didn't mean that they'll fail.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,885 ★★★★
    Bullseye should have been immune to glancing, he has guaranteed crits
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,469 ★★★★
    edited March 29
    Glancing easily top 3 cringiest mechanic in the game
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,809 ★★★★★
    edited March 29

Not in general, no. However, when it comes to Future Ant-Man specifically, his kit states that he can't make an opponent glance if they have a pierce buff. That's just how he works, not how glancing works in general.
  • Options
    SamanunSamanun Posts: 668 ★★★

There are champs that counter glance, there are also champs that should counter glance that don’t …
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    If the glancing champ is metal use Magneto he bypasses it
  • Options
    TheholyplungerTheholyplunger Posts: 70
    EdisonLaw said:

Bullseye should have been immune to glancing, he has guaranteed crits

Came here to say this. Agree 💯
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,367 ★★★★
    Ercarret said:

Not in general, no. However, when it comes to Future Ant-Man specifically, his kit states that he can't make an opponent glance if they have a pierce buff. That's just how he works, not how glancing works in general.
    Ah thank you
  • Options
    OrtounOrtoun Posts: 616 ★★★
    Except for Storm X and Maestro they each have a specific counter, but something that would work on all of them and completely bypass it is long past due.