Options

Spider Punk deep dive

EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,364 ★★★★
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iq4bsfZgBM

@13579rebel_ posted the Prowler deep dive already

Thoughts on Spider Punk? He seems like a more modern version of Spiderman 2099, a champ I like. He's the second champ immune to Rupture which is gonna be valuable as well.

Comments

• Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,625 ★★★★★
    edited March 30
    He looks fun, damage not bad. I wonder how much of a dual threat he will be though cause he does have some defensive value, I like the new special mechanic and his damage looks good enough but if he isn't dual threat I don't think I'm interested tbh. I don't even know if I'd have him in my deck over other science champs.
  • Options
    jdschwjdschw Posts: 207 ★★
    Wow. He's an interception god! Like awakened Ronin with 7 cruelties. And he's basically interception proof as a defender!

This seems like a lot of fun. The animations look absolutely fantasic, and the SP2 minigame is awesome.

He seems to be designed for maximum aggression and "flow", and I think that's very fitting for a spider character who should be constantly zooming around the screen.

He could be a real PITA defender, since he has *both* a stun-evade and interception-proofing. That means the only window you can create with him is to bait a heavy, which will be very AI-dependent. (Unless you have an evade counter, which should be able to handle him quite easily.)

I'm really excited for Spider-Punk. I think this is the most excited I've been for any character release since i started playing this game a few years ago.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,099 ★★★
    I think he looks extremely solid. As for the intercepting, I imagine the ways around him as a defender will be your classic stun parry heavy to get the damage going, or to SPECIAL intercept him.
  • Options
    jdschw said:

Wow. He's an interception god! Like awakened Ronin with 7 cruelties. And he's basically interception proof as a defender!

This seems like a lot of fun. The animations look absolutely fantasic, and the SP2 minigame is awesome.

He seems to be designed for maximum aggression and "flow", and I think that's very fitting for a spider character who should be constantly zooming around the screen.

He could be a real PITA defender, since he has *both* a stun-evade and interception-proofing. That means the only window you can create with him is to bait a heavy, which will be very AI-dependent. (Unless you have an evade counter, which should be able to handle him quite easily.)

I'm really excited for Spider-Punk. I think this is the most excited I've been for any character release since i started playing this game a few years ago.

Venom should be able to deal with his evade hopefully, as he fully shuts down any Spiderverse evade if he has the klyntar buff. However there may be an interaction where this isn't the case, maybe
  • Options
    Sajadala_GeezySajadala_Geezy Posts: 47
    EdisonLaw said:

Thoughts on Spider Punk? He seems like a more modern version of Spiderman 2099, a champ I like. He's the second champ immune to Rupture which is gonna be valuable as well.

Who else is rupture immune?! I haven’t found that champ yet but that would be sooo useful! Especially in that BG where we had to inflict damaging debuffs because I could never get around the opponents rupture

• Options
    @Sajadala_Geezy Scorpion. Absorbing Man is kinda rupture immune, but that's because uru form grants him a ton of physical resistance
  • Options

He looks fun, damage not bad. I wonder how much of a dual threat he will be though cause he does have some defensive value, I like the new special mechanic and his damage looks good enough but if he isn't dual threat I don't think I'm interested tbh. I don't even know if I'd have him in my deck over other science champs.

He does have some defensive value mainly with that evade when intercepted and those ruptures. We don't know how good he is yet, maybe he will be as good as Silk?
  • Options
    Sajadala_GeezySajadala_Geezy Posts: 47
    EdisonLaw said:

@Sajadala_Geezy Scorpion. Absorbing Man is kinda rupture immune, but that's because uru form grants him a ton of physical resistance

SCORPION!! I just got a 6* of him. I know people have been saying he’s incredible but I haven’t had the pleasure of testing him out yet. Thanks!

Does that rupture immunity happen auto or will I need to complete a task or like throw a certain sp first to activate?
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,450 ★★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

SCORPION!! I just got a 6* of him. I know people have been saying he’s incredible but I haven’t had the pleasure of testing him out yet. Thanks!

Does that rupture immunity happen auto or will I need to complete a task or like throw a certain sp first to activate?
    You need to activate it via pre fight screen use either poison sting or shock sting
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,625 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

He does have some defensive value mainly with that evade when intercepted and those ruptures. We don't know how good he is yet, maybe he will be as good as Silk?
    Yeah he has that evade mechanic which can be tricky to deal with and he also has the unstoppable passive after specials similar to Jessica. If awakened he also has that encore thing where you pretty much can't throw the same special in a row cause you'll take a lot of damage and your special will hit like a noodle.

We'll have to see how well he does, offensively I can't really say I'm impressed but that's probably because I'm used to Silk and Red Guardian nuking anything in a single sp2. He won't be as good as any of them on offense though I'm almost 100% sure.
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 1,032 ★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

There’s nothing like Spiderman 2099 on him…
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 1,032 ★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

Who else is rupture immune?! I haven’t found that champ yet but that would be sooo useful! Especially in that BG where we had to inflict damaging debuffs because I could never get around the opponents rupture

Silk reduces duration of Rupture by 90%
  • Options
    Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 681 ★★★
    edited March 30

EdisonLaw said:

As others have already mentioned, scorpion can be rupture immune. Silk also has 90% rupture duration. Not technically immune, but substantial damage reduction
  • Options
    ShashankGuptaShashankGupta Posts: 160
    Don't forget lady deathstrike she can also become rupture immune