Has anyone noticed

GladsGlads Member Posts: 426 ★★★
While I cannot be sure but throught my 6 or so years playing people seem to be leaving. I have never seen in p6 p5 p4 and g1 war so many alliances filling 1/2 defence rosters.
My alliance will be shutting down after this season, basically as there is getting too much of a grind, incremental upgrades with aq which is repetitive, Battlegrounds which can be gentle or harsh depending on the season. But, I feel from folks in the ally the inability to farm revives and loyal just is not enough to cover war costs.
Let's face it 250 defender kills per war, which is happening consistently now for lower platinum upper gold, its just not fun!
While I can only comment what I am seeing, but all I know it's going to be tough to find a competitive new alliance after this season

Comments

• ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,264 ★★★★★
    Glads said:

ahmynuts said:

I'm in a platinum alliance and have no idea what you're waffling about in regards to war costs.

So what you're saying is there's no extra cost with the current global tactics. There is a thread with 27 pages which would disagree with you in principle
    Have you tried simply not dying and, therefore, not wasting items? The tactic is trash, but you can still play around it. There are really bad matchups, but those exist in every meta, so I don't think that can be used as a backing statement here, either.
  • GladsGlads Member Posts: 426 ★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Glads said:

ahmynuts said:

I'm in a platinum alliance and have no idea what you're waffling about in regards to war costs.

So what you're saying is there's no extra cost with the current global tactics. There is a thread with 27 pages which would disagree with you in principle
    Have you tried simply not dying and, therefore, not wasting items? The tactic is trash, but you can still play around it. There are really bad matchups, but those exist in every meta, so I don't think that can be used as a backing statement here, either.
    I am doing alright, but I fully heal to make sure I can take a combo, most good players do this..
    On the point of the topic the last 4 wars have not had 25 players, this is what I am experiencing, plus our alliance is switching to retirement mode.
    Plus it's the last 3 meta the most recent is tougher.
    A specific question, yeah, how do the you tubers take 5 fight sometimes most heal "fully" and boost each fight if you gain ~80k loyalty for the win. Do the maths, it's easy! They are using units
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,794 ★★★★★
    Glads said:

ahmynuts said:

That thread is for high tier mostly.
  • PandingoPandingo Member Posts: 1,041 ★★★★
    To be fair. It's an older game now. It's really difficult to avoid a 'grindy' mentality. As even top tier console games get 'grindy'or you just stop playing. So the concept on how to keep a game fresh and exciting is foreign to developers and borderline impossible. Keeping it fun and engaging is the main goal. Just enough to keep the game going. And try to get new players in. That's the strategy to survival. The fact that it is 10 years old and still thriving is actually impressive. I'm in a platinum alliance too. And I maybe have to use one revive per war which is mostly due to animation glitches or input issues. That being said. I do agree that access to war boosts, which are insanely important nowadays. Needs to be more ftp oriented or cheaper to purchase at this level of difficulty
  • GladsGlads Member Posts: 426 ★★★

Glads said:

ahmynuts said:

That thread is for high tier mostly.
    Where do u get this stuff from,you're making stuff up as you go. If you knew 1/4 of those contributing you must have a huge friend base.
    I was playing t4 wars which isn't too shabby