Options

Sad times for the community

JohnnooooooJohnnoooooo Posts: 123 ★★★
edited April 3 in General Discussion
Kabam, I've been playing for 9 years, nearly since the games drop.. the community and yourselves we've had our ups and downs, but this last few months have been the toughest times playing this game, Im end game paragon, would be valiant if I had the spare time to clear necro, but having a busy job and 2 young kids it's pretty hard to commit with all the other bits going on in the game..

The CCP, apart from Vega and Kt1, and probably lags, are so out of touch with the community, and if they're what u guys listen to as feedback on things, no wonder we are where we are

The game just ain't fun.. Wars a mess, inputs are still bad, Ai is erratic (especially when taunt, infuriate and intimidate just don't work)
Bgs is just too dead with rewards, paragons are completely slapped with shoddy rewards, like the mysterium store, bgs store and deals and valiants being able to just outright buy meta relevant champs, meaning p2w is ridiculously rife ATM in bgs..
Oh, the mastery system, recoils are bugged.
New defenders are not fun to fight against, and our willpower and dex masteries l, which I think most of us paid for, are now bypassed by certain champs..
It feels like to some of us, because I won't speak for the whole community, feel that you really don't care, as alot of things we say are ignored, brushed under the rug and dismissed, Ie, this war season should have never lasted this long

Please do something soon, communicate and respond better, as so we don't feel like this, after all we are your bread and butter, to survive as a company.. I'm happy spending like I use to again as soon as I'm valiant and I see things getting better (currently can't justify spending knowing there's better deals, and kabam are holding the title behind necro)
Just a few of my thoughts and vents there, I'm not even asking for much

Just that we are actively listened to more, and if we are we get acknowledgment..

Comments

• Options
    Ragnarok13Ragnarok13 Posts: 54
    Thanks for letting me know
  • Options

And vega left the CCP :). 0-2

I fought Vega in bgs last week, it still had creator on his title so my bad😅
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,223 ★★★★★

KT1 isn't part of the CCP and isn't in touch in with community either. Unless you're constantly angry.

I think he's fairly balanced, and I wouldn't really say he's angry, more frustrated, which is understandable given the games state.. but I like how those less relevant parts of what I wrote are picked up on. now, ilac was angry and toxic..
    Mmmmk
  • Options
    Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 830 ★★★★
    Badrose said:

I've reached a point in the game where it feels almost impossible for me to make any progress. There are too many secondary events, and they're too difficult—not necessarily in terms of actual challenge, but in terms of the time they require to be learned. If I have to spend hours reading nodes, new champions' info, and watching videos or reading game guides just to navigate a 20-minute path, I find it discouraging, especially if I get knocked out by a bug. Additionally, the standard events don't provide enough rewards anymore. It seems like this game is becoming exclusively for individuals with ample free time, which unfortunately, I don't have.

You don’t have to have ample free time just manage the time you do have better. Stop trying to do stuff in one go. I spent a week running a single path in Necropolis because that’s the pace I choose to play at. I see so many people get extremely upset cuz they feel like they have to do stuff in one go, or revive-less, or some other frustrating thing that they see guys like Karate Mike do with ease. If only you knew how many things I skip or pass on not only cuz it’s not fun to me but not worth my time yet I’m valiant despite not spending a ton of money or time and not 100% everything in the game or being in the upper echelon of players. Kabam hasn’t sucked the fun out of the game players do it to themselves by trying to play “keep up with whales”
  • Options
    edited April 3

Badrose said:

I've reached a point in the game where it feels almost impossible for me to make any progress. There are too many secondary events, and they're too difficult—not necessarily in terms of actual challenge, but in terms of the time they require to be learned. If I have to spend hours reading nodes, new champions' info, and watching videos or reading game guides just to navigate a 20-minute path, I find it discouraging, especially if I get knocked out by a bug. Additionally, the standard events don't provide enough rewards anymore. It seems like this game is becoming exclusively for individuals with ample free time, which unfortunately, I don't have.

You don’t have to have ample free time just manage the time you do have better. Stop trying to do stuff in one go. I spent a week running a single path in Necropolis because that’s the pace I choose to play at. I see so many people get extremely upset cuz they feel like they have to do stuff in one go, or revive-less, or some other frustrating thing that they see guys like Karate Mike do with ease. If only you knew how many things I skip or pass on not only cuz it’s not fun to me but not worth my time yet I’m valiant despite not spending a ton of money or time and not 100% everything in the game or being in the upper echelon of players. Kabam hasn’t sucked the fun out of the game players do it to themselves by trying to play “keep up with whales”
    I see where you're coming from, but if it takes a week for a path, those champs might be needed for say, wow or a war path, that's alot of commitment for your top champs, ide love to be able to smash all of necro, I enjoy that type of content, the planning then the relief after it's done etc. and as for seeing content creators doing it with ease, that again proves my point about them being out of touch, they set a subconscious bar for people, I've managed to disconnect with them now, and I understand, they have all the resources, some have sponsers for all the events and deals, all the time and they're in positions where their rewards are so much better in say, war aq etc because of the alliances they're in, they can just, pull a set of new champs every Fortnite (via purchasing them In the early access deals, which i disagree with, they should be earned in arena or spun in crystals)
    The fun sucking kabam comes from, war tactics being so niche, wow abs man, the CCP Carrina's challenges, the latest showcase, the ridiculous attack values for defenders in bgs, champs like bullseye, photon and onslaught, the fact valiant title is too limited to those who have more time and money than others etc..
    But I do see what you're saying 100% and why
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    I will say this, not on anyone’s side or looking to fight:

1. If your happiness in this game is being the best or near the best AT ALL TIMES, you won’t be happy because there is always something else to chase that you either won’t have, can’t get or won’t get first/second/third/etc.

2. Multiple things can be true: People understand that inputs issues, visual glitches and bugs can and will happen. It would perhaps be more helpful than Kabam realizes to understand and acknowledge that it is really frustrating when any of those happen in a high-leverage fight — and let’s be honest. This isn’t Year 1 or 2 of the game. Pretty much everything you do in this game anymore is a high-leverage fight where getting hit is frustrating. Maybe it can’t be fixed, or it’s a slow process. But it’s happening and it’s frustrating

3. I don’t need “more stuff.” But some people really do care about “more stuff.” Finding the balance between rewarding the time/cash people invest in the game with “stuff” is obviously challenging but if it were me, I would lean more toward “give people a Thanks for Playing the Game, here’s a 6-star Nexus, have fun clearing something” surprise every few months than maybe someone else would

I think that’s what I see in the game: I think the people still here are truly committed to what they want to try to do in the game. I think sometimes, it feels like maybe the game doesn’t really acknowledge that some people are truly committed and doesn’t value it quite enough

JMO