**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

How relevant are 5 stars?

Guys would you say 5 star champs are still relevant or is it champ specific like Her, Magik, Dom, etc? I honestly feel like they are starting to become obsolete but they are cheaper to rank up & require less rare materials for so including sig stones/awakening stones.

Comments

• Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,523 ★★★★★
    I soloed 8.4.2 Ikaris with a 5 star Claire

Did 3 fights in the top path of 8.4.5 with 5 star Hype

Both were not ascended
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,169 ★★★★★
    I sometimes buy 5 star shards from battlegrounds for iso
  • Options
    shield311shield311 Posts: 381 ★★
    Glassback said:

It depends entirely on what stage of progression you’re at and what you do in game.

High tier war, AQ higher maps and BG won’t be a place for 5*s.

Lots of us did act 7 with 5s but into act 8 the health pools are getting pretty high. You still see the odd 5* whacking a boss, like a Ronan cheese but that’s about where it ends.

Plus for longevity it’s worth putting into your 6s if they are decent pulls, everyone will move up through the progressions eventually.

i'm in 8.2 and I still use 3 5stars, herc, chavez and magneto, its totally about how nicely the quest counters them, since I have no ascended 6star or any r4 6star, r3 6stars and maxed 5stars are of same level, ascended 5stars have more rating than r3 6stars so as of now, they are super relevant for alot of players, and not so much for many other.

its subjective and relies on how fast you progress and how much you invest.
  • Options
    AadhyVanAadhyVan Posts: 62
    Their usage is totally dependent on your progression level. And, as a F2P, 5* champs can always help you with clearing story content. Higher levels of AQ maps, AW and BGs are a different thing.

Personally, my 5* champs helped with clearing a lot of WOW objectives prior to the WOW Gauntlet. Since, the resources are easy to acquire (for Paragon+ players) for rank up excluding the gold to be spent. I recently maxed out Angela, Chavez, Masacre and Guillotine 2099 as I do not have them on a higher star rarity which were helpful in recent WOW content.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,550 ★★★★★
    I still like to use them in Thronebreaker EQ and Incursions. And yes, you can even use them in Winter of Woe/Eternity of Pain (I know I have).

I have to say, they'd be more relevant if Kabam were putting Tier-1 dust into rewards for Paragon/Valiant players.

• Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,809 ★★★★★
    As others have said, it's entirely about where you are in the game. If you're like me where you have almost every 6* available and about half of the 7*s, there's no reason to rank up 5*s. However, if you DON'T have all of those 6 and 7* champs and you desperately need a poison immune champion or someone who can deal with evade, then you're much better of ranking up a 5* champion than...just...not doing the content? Progression is always vital. How you get there is almost always less relevant.

Back in the day when Thronebreaker was first introduced as a title, people always used to say that you should rank up whichever champion you had available to reach that title since doing so would, in turn, give you more rewards that would allow you to rank up more champions. It was way more beneficial to rank up someone like Groot in order to become TB than to save those resources for a god-tier champion, since you were then only making sure that you were just consistently missing out on the even better rewards that you would have gotten as a Thronebreaker. This has since been true of all new progression tiers.

I don't know your exact situation, but it sounds like you're in a similar situation. If you have specific needs that your 6 and 7*s don't cover, ranking up 5*s might be the way to go. The only thing I would warn against is making sure you can actually do the content with those 5*s. As others have said, the health pools do go up pretty drastically in Act 8 and 5*s don't benefit from any of the nodes that grant 6 and 7* champions various bonuses. If you can do Act 8 with 5*s, then go for it. But otherwise, it might be wiser to focus on exploring Act 7, for example.
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,232 ★★★★★
    I used some of them in act 8.4 exploration
  • Options
    Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,092 ★★★★
    Not really relevant but I've used my 5* The Serpant for several fights and bosses in 8.4 and hes fun

• Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,560 ★★★★★
    On the first week of wow abs man, I didn't have sandman at 6*/7*. So I ranked my 5* sandman to complete the sinister 6 challenge
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 5,035 ★★★★★
    There could be a quest someday down the road that let's us only use 5* too. Variant 4 comes to mind.
  • Options
    Nacho98Nacho98 Posts: 145 ★★
    Situational for sure. I ranked a 5* G2099 to complete the deathless challenges so I didn’t have to spend as much to rank the 6*. She did very well
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,836 ★★★★★
    If you're asking, you're not ready to stop ranking 5*

You will know when they're not useful anymore.
  • Options
    KhalejandrogoKhalejandrogo Posts: 2
    Useful in arena grinding. 5 stars have 2-hour cooldowns
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited April 13
    Depends on the content. Thronebreaker and above, 5 stars start to become outdated with a few exceptions
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 1,021 ★★★★
    I’m valiant but I’d have use for aa if I didn’t have him as 6 star. I do use 5 star Ronan for cheese options still to this day tho.
  • Options
    DuboisDubois Posts: 72
    My 5* AA still puts in work in act 8