Battlegrounds: Option to hide Rank/Sig text

Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,955 ★★★★★
I'm wondering, are there any plans to soon add an option to allows us to remove this text?

It's honestly more of an annoyance than anything ... I can't properly concentrate on which champions are on the selection screen, or being drafted to the opponents team. Before I could select easy and quickly with no problems, but now I'm just staring at it wondering what am I even looking at ...

We are already "forced" to either deal with emojis or turning them off in every single match. Don't make this yet another " forced addition" that makes it less enjoyable to play.

Comments

• A_FungiA_Fungi Member Posts: 995 ★★★★
    going to be real....

I don't even notice the text, I treat it exactly like I did before, look for certain champs and ban them, don't even bother reading rank and sigs
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,306 ★★★★★
    It's not a forced addition. It is a great qol addition since we can the sig lvl of annoying champs like korg. You will get used to it as the time goes by
  • RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Member Posts: 714 ★★★
    Have you tried opening your eyes and looking at the screen? Bro what kind of problem is this lmaoo
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,162 ★★★★★
    People act like this when Kabam make quality additions to game,
    No wonder Kabam is shy when it comes to QOL changes xD
  • GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Member Posts: 688 ★★★
    Got harder to hide sleepers…for example low sig R5s…but I like it, as someone above mentioned…there is a big difference between a 20 and 200 sig Korg.
  • Crys23Crys23 Member Posts: 809 ★★★★
    edited April 12

I'm wondering, are there any plans to soon add an option to allows us to remove this text?

It's honestly more of an annoyance than anything ... I can't properly concentrate on which champions are on the selection screen, or being drafted to the opponents team. Before I could select easy and quickly with no problems, but now I'm just staring at it wondering what am I even looking at ...

We are already "forced" to either deal with emojis or turning them off in every single match. Don't make this yet another " forced addition" that makes it less enjoyable to play.

Yesss, I was thinking the same thing. I want the option to turn it off. Or remove it. Part of the fun was figuring out what rank/sig defender I'm up against.
    And there's info about my defenders I don't want my opponent to have.

Or, as a compromise, remove it from ban screen and have it visible during the actual match.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,955 ★★★★★
    edited April 12

It's not a forced addition. It is a great qol addition since we can the sig lvl of annoying champs like korg. You will get used to it as the time goes by

Its quite literally, a forced addition. An addition that is more of an annoyance rather than helpful that is forced on the player. The text stands out more than the champion portrait itself and there's no way to turn it off for now.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,710 ★★★★★
    Would be less busy if they did something like

R2 / Sig 120
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,306 ★★★★★

Its quite literally, a forced addition. An addition that is more of an annoyance rather than helpful that is forced on the player. The text stands out more than the champion portrait itself and there's no way to turn it off for now.
    Well it's helpful for 95% of players.only few of you see it as annoyance
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,362 ★★★★★
    A_Fungi said:

going to be real....

I don't even notice the text, I treat it exactly like I did before, look for certain champs and ban them, don't even bother reading rank and sigs

I do this really - I just check if they are awakened or not.

Would be less busy if they did something like

R2 / Sig 120

The issue isn't necessarily the ammount of letters in the screen. Is also that the text pushes the black screen up, further hiding the champion portrait. If at least this text was somewhere else out of the champion portrait screen ...
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,423 Guardian

I cannot imagine how showing rank and sig levels of champions at a glance would be more annoying than helpful for the vast overwhelming majority of players. If one in fifty players said it was more harmful than helpful, I would be surprised.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,423 Guardian
    Crys23 said:

Yesss, I was thinking the same thing. I want the option to turn it off. Or remove it. Part of the fun was figuring out what rank/sig defender I'm up against.
    And there's info about my defenders I don't want my opponent to have.

Or, as a compromise, remove it from ban screen and have it visible during the actual match.
    If people want to turn it off on their side for fun, whatever. But you aren't pushing a button and turning it off on my side. I actually put this one in the suggestion box myself long ago (which is not to say I was the only one: I'm sure an uncountable number of players advocated for this one, which is why it is highly unlikely Kabam would revert it after spending time adding it).
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,441 ★★★★
    This kind of improvement can't be disabled as for example the button arrows during fight 👍

This kind of improvement can't be disabled as for example the button arrows during fight 👍

That's the idea. To add an option in the settings menu to disable this additional line of text, in order to not disturb the champion selection