Valiant Rank up decision.

PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 1,218 ★★★★
edited April 13 in General Discussion
I explored 8.4 a few hours ago and had a very less than ideal crystal opening to say the least. Did not get a single champ I wanted and would consider for r3
I got a science gem and pulled overseer from the science class crystal he's unawakened(out of all the good options ofcourse I pull the one that needs awakening). I don't want to take him to r3 unduped but my only other options are Spidy Gwen, og spidy and antman. So I could really use some advice.

Valiant Rank up decision. 37 votes

Bite the bullet and get to Valiant asap
94%
zuffyRagnarok13Vegeta9001Wicket329MoosetiptronicRayven5220Gulfstream550PikoluSbkruebcaptain_rogersPowerofpain1001Wolf911Ben_15455WinterFieldsXguard77AzenstarCyrillFromTulaThe_0wenpuswillrun4adonutOliver345781 35 votes
Wait till I either awaken him or get A better option
5%
DeeparviMidi 2 votes

Comments

• Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 2,097 ★★★★★
    edited April 13
    There’s some things to consider before I answer. How many WoW points do you have? Are you a spender? How much do you play bgs? How much t4a do you currently have? My main point with these being that if you can get another r3 by being valiant that you couldn’t get as a paragon in the time it would take for you to wait on someone else to rank, then it’s probably worth taking him up.

He’s by no means a bad champ, and while the dupe is nice for attack he’ll still hit hard unduped, and could be a stall defender in bgs. Like I said though, there are some things to consider.
  • Ben_15455Ben_15455 Posts: 314
    Overseer isn't horrible. He certainly is not the ideal champion but pushing Valient will make it easier to get r3s in the future
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 1,218 ★★★★
    @Nemesis_17
    Even if I get the additional points from valiant I'll land at 21 points, which should give me my second t4 alpha, not a spender, I enjoy bgs but I don't really play it sweaty hard.
    It should still take me some time to gather resources for another r3
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 2,097 ★★★★★

@Nemesis_17
    Even if I get the additional points from valiant I'll land at 21 points, which should give me my second t4 alpha, not a spender, I enjoy bgs but I don't really play it sweaty hard.
    It should still take me some time to gather resources for another r3

Sounds like you are in a similar spot as me account wise. Valiant objectives would also get me my second t4a, I don’t spend, and play a pretty moderate amount of bgs. Because that’s the case I can say what I would do if I were in your position.

Personally I would rank him up. You’re 2/3 of the way to another r3 which at the latest will come during the next WoW type of event. The bg store at valiant is too good to pass up for so long even if you only play bgs a little bit. Then the free dailies you’d miss as well, I wouldn’t wait.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 7,567 ★★★★★
    Overseer isn't certainly bad, and at rank 3, even unduped, he can take a lot of champs in one cosmic mode rotation.
    Heck he is actually a deserving r3 candidate who is overshadowed by science bangers. For instance, if he was a tech champ with similar power level, people would r3 him in a heartbeat.
    The perk of being valiant is more important for you so don't overthink and bite the bullet.
    edited April 13

Overseer isn't certainly bad, and at rank 3, even unduped, he can take a lot of champs in one cosmic mode rotation.
    Heck he is actually a deserving r3 candidate who is overshadowed by science bangers. For instance, if he was a tech champ with similar power level, people would r3 him in a heartbeat.
    The perk of being valiant is more important for you so don't overthink and bite the bullet.

That is true, science is just so stacked that even the better champions look pale in comparison to the absolute broken ones
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,312 Guardian
    I'd go for it because you're going to get your second t4a now and next version of WoW you can get all the valiant milestones which will get you a lot more rewards in the long run.
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★
    It's gonna make you Valiant.

Also, he is tank, and can stall on defense while you wreck on your side. 😁
    Whoa I didn't imagine overseer take this by a landslide, makes me feel a little better pulling him
  • ChrisPowellChrisPowell Posts: 138
    Personally I like og spidy and Gwen a lot. Both would benefit from the r3. Oh spidy would also need awakened though.

As for overseer I would only consider him over the other two I mentioned if he's duped. Both os ramp and damage benefit so much from the dupe.
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,677 ★★★★★
    edited April 14
    I have OG Spidey, Antman and Overseer at r2, if I got a gem I'd certainly r3 overseer if I needed valiant. I have a 6* r4 Gwen, not got the 7* yet.