Options

7r3 tech rank-up advice!

jdschwjdschw Posts: 195 ★★

I think i have several good choices here, so I'm looking for advice. This is to achieve Valiant, so I'm chomping at the bit to do it! Who would you pick?

Comments

• Options
    Trek26Trek26 Posts: 172 ★★
    Warlock
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,426 ★★★★★
    Warlock
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,211 ★★★★★
    I had a choice of Hulkbuster, Warlock, IMIW and Guilly99 sig 100. I choose HB for BG attack and Raids (he's an MVP imo). If it's for regular questing, I'd have chosen Warlock.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,397 ★★★★★
    If you're looking for speed and big damage mostly then Hulkbuster, I have a r3 7* Bishop and I've never seen any other 7* r2 nuke him down in 28 secs like that I was genuinely surprised. It's a close one with Warlock who I do have as a 7* but Hulkbuster is just on another level when it comes to damage and speed.
    If you are however looking for utility and defense too then yes Warlock is a no brainer.
  • Options
    JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 794 ★★★
    Kabam always seems to design Tech paths expecting some combination of an armor up, heal block, and power drain, or shock/bleed in their kit. If a champ had 3+ of those and damage then they’re a pretty safe bet.
  • Options
    Interesting! I do love both HB and Warlock, though i haven't gotten to use Warlock much since the 5* era. Glad to know he's still considered an MVP!

I'm surprised there are no shocker votes on here yet!
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,501 ★★★★
    I'm going with my boy the Duck.
    Nobody giving howard any love. 🦆
  • Options
    Joey_Joe_joe_27Joey_Joe_joe_27 Posts: 58
    jdschw said:

Interesting! I do love both HB and Warlock, though i haven't gotten to use Warlock much since the 5* era. Glad to know he's still considered an MVP!

People aren’t in love with shocker because of the controversy surrounding him right now
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,397 ★★★★★
    jdschw said:

They kinda gutted him, I mean not fully cause he can still take most of the matchups he could before but Maestro and Storm X are terrible matchups for him now and those two were VERY important.
    On top of this, apparently he's bugged and he can't do champs with armor or resistances either.
    Just bad timing honestly, and I doubt he will get any love until we get an actual response from Kabam on what they're going to do with him. Shame cause I even ascended mine, this is ****.
  • Options
    TeleusTeleus Posts: 111
    JChanceH9 said:

Kabam always seems to design Tech paths expecting some combination of an armor up, heal block, and power drain, or shock/bleed in their kit. If a champ had 3+ of those and damage then they’re a pretty safe bet.

So r3 Civil Warrior is a solid choice?

• Options
    HilldarHilldar Posts: 194 ★★
    It’s Hulkbuster. I can’t believe how good he is. If I would have gotten tech 2-3 gem I would have done it for sure, but I got mutant and used it on domino.

My HB is rank 2 and I use him all the time. He also crushes in raid week.
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 877 ★★★
    I would go with Hulkbuster
  • Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 666 ★★★
    100% go with Hulkbuster, I used a generic R3 gem on bik and he’s been my most used champ. Amazing damage and arguably the best power control in the game.
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim Posts: 40
    How close are you to another incursions crystal? (That's the one with Hulkbuster, right?)

If you're not far off, I'd suggest getting that first, because a duped HB would make this an easy choice. ;)

Between Warlock and HB unduped... I wouldn't be able to make that decision. Both rock!
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,780 ★★★★★
    I'd go with Shocker. The stuff I've seen him do...woo! As long as you are aware that he now glances like he should and is no longer a go-to options for the four or five champions in the game with glance mechanics, you should be good.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,122 ★★★★★
    The comments are nuts.
    Just cuz shocker can't handle maestro/storm x/ Fam, he is trash now?.

Shocker is still a menace in defense and great on offense, I'll r3 him in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 756 ★★★
    shocker is a strong rank up, being an annoying defender and clearing up everyone in BG in 1 sp1 and 1 sp2 cycle offensively. But he is a bit bugged recently, which i hope kabam would fix it soon
  • Options
    Thanks for all the advice, folks! I decided to go with Warlock, but HB and shocker are definitely on my shortlist for R2 now!
  • Options
    GlassbackGlassback Posts: 387 ★★★
    For what Warlock does well he doesn’t need rank three.

A rank three Hulkbuster would be a very dangerous champ, no one would ban him from Battlegrounds and he would finish fights very quickly.
  • Options
    DancingPanda_14DancingPanda_14 Posts: 53
    Yall sleeping on shocker too much, he's insane. Hulkbuster and Warlock are great options too, tho I'd like warlock to be duped