Options

What even is BG's matchmaking?

To say bg's matchmaking is bad is an understatement. I am a 2mil Paragon player so shouldn't I be playing guys my level? Wrong, the ppl I play are either Valiant or "legend" that are 5mil. Then if I am playing someone my level I make one mistake, lose, and get Loki laughed until the match is over. I understand "Get better guys" or "practice makes perfect", but like, I'm not going to practice for like 4 hours a day to win a match or 2. Also I understand giving better rewards but being able to obtain them are 2 very different things. Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    So you will agree if they gave you lower rewards because tou are just a 2m rating player right?
    (Rating is irrelevant by the way)
  • Options
    SteamyLoafSteamyLoaf Posts: 5
    I think that everyone should get rewards even if you have to put the work in. But, it is very unfair to people trying to get rewards and can't. Theres winning by skill, winning by roster, and winning by unfair matchmaking. Like I clearly stated, I am facing people who are 2x better than me and have a lot better roster's than me. It's also not my fault I am facing these people.
  • Options
    SteamyLoafSteamyLoaf Posts: 5
    One last thing, the way you get the rewards is by getting points. You barely get any points from losing, and by facing someone that is way better than you in everyone way it's impossible to win/get points to get the rewards.
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 692 ★★★★
    It takes work and time, but you can learn and improve your skill from facing these players. For instance, I struggled when originally facing Maestro, but by facing him in BG so often, I'm not bothered anymore.

There's also no guarantee each season of how far you can go. Sometimes you may hit your limit. If so, it means you need to improve your roster or skills more to progress. But difficulty fluctuates throughout the season as strong players move up and are later replaced by other strong players. Navigating the relative difficulty throughout the season goes a long way
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,424 ★★★★★

bg's matchmaking is bad is an understatement. I am a 2mil Paragon player
    I make one mistake, lose, and get Loki laughed.
    I understand "Get better guys" or "practice makes perfect",
    but like, I'm not going to practice.

Either you can practice or you go do Necro 100% and act-8 100%
    There's 3rd method, that is using money.

That's it.
    BG is more of skill + roster, instead of being FAIR, just like real life competition.

• Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,137 ★★★★★

#1 rule of BGs always mute the emotes. Number 2 rule of BGs just do 3 matches for the free 600 tokens and move on.

Bro cracked the code
  • Options
    Mixtapevol02Mixtapevol02 Posts: 49

I think that everyone should get rewards even if you have to put the work in. But, it is very unfair to people trying to get rewards and can't. Theres winning by skill, winning by roster, and winning by unfair matchmaking. Like I clearly stated, I am facing people who are 2x better than me and have a lot better roster's than me. It's also not my fault I am facing these people.

Yes, everyone does get the rewards, the solo objective one which has 7* shards and titans.
    But you would need to put a lot of work into it if you are not winning. Use the elder marks. Use units to get elders mark. Out of units, then hit the arenas and quests. Or simply swap the card. So in all, it’s achievable.

You did say that the people you are facing are 2x better than you. So in which they deserve the win. As you climb up the ranks, it’s going to be the same.

There’s like a ton of threads already about matchmaking, and all the answers will be the same. It’s an open competition for the same rewards.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,708 ★★★★★
    I lost a round today with an average of 48978 points across the 3 rounds.

2 of the 3 defenders were R5 bullseye and maestro,

That was fun.