Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

When news on balancing Onslaught?

Would it be May or June? I believe it's 6 months after the champ is released. Hesitant to rank him up(or any new champ) due to possible balancing.

Comments

• Options
    Bigfoot33Bigfoot33 Posts: 153 ★★

He should be this month(april)
  • Options
    МэджикМэджик Posts: 14
    I just hope he doesn’t get nerfed. Already mid on attack for short matchups 😣
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 887 ★★★
    It'll come out this month itself
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,179 ★★★★★
    This week I believe
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,045 ★★★★
    This week probably
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,502 ★★★★
    Leave Onslaught alone Kabam! 😖😡
  • Options
    Yuvraj_267Yuvraj_267 Posts: 74
    I may be delete mcoc if kabam do that, i never want to onslaught be nerfed. Such a great champion, the only mutant who bypass kitty overall and kabam nerfed him, it is unacceptable for me and i shall go to rage mode if kabam do that. He is my favourite champion released in this year and second favourite mutant after archangel.
  • Options
    Yuvraj_267Yuvraj_267 Posts: 74
    Bigfoot33 said:

Why?
  • Options
    StarLordWho_1StarLordWho_1 Posts: 47

Bigfoot33 said:

Why?
    Because Kushala and Chee’ilth were released in November 2023 and have already had their rebalance. Onslaught and Maestro should be next.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,072 ★★★★★
    they just need to fix his stupid AI lol ... or maybe that's everyone's AI in general but Onslaught specifically seems like he just waits for the single most inopportune time to throw an SP1 after you've spent days baiting it ... you have to be prepared for that thing or evading it is no bueno ...

Happens just too much .. I'm sitting there trying to be ready for that stupid SP1 and then the moment I least expect it .. BOOM he throws it lol
  • Options
    Deacon said:

they just need to fix his stupid AI lol ... or maybe that's everyone's AI in general but Onslaught specifically seems like he just waits for the single most inopportune time to throw an SP1 after you've spent days baiting it ... you have to be prepared for that thing or evading it is no bueno ...

Happens just too much .. I'm sitting there trying to be ready for that stupid SP1 and then the moment I least expect it .. BOOM he throws it lol

Other champs have similar AI. Ex: Werewolf by Night, Killmonger, etc
  • Options
    SamanunSamanun Posts: 628 ★★★
    Emilia90 said:

No he isn’t? For short matchups just go directly for the sp2 melt, or build sp1 + sp2 and they melt super fast lmao. He’s not a nuke like Hulkling or Juggs but he finishes fights pretty quickly with a close to full yellow bar
    It’s pointless going straight to a sp2 with like 3 neuros so you need to do sp1 and with constantly having to pause your neuros he takes a while against non skill defenders, and even against some skill defenders he still takes awhile like killmonger with his high crit resistance and nick having two lives.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,643 ★★★★★

I may be delete mcoc if kabam do that, i never want to onslaught be nerfed. Such a great champion, the only mutant who bypass kitty overall and kabam nerfed him, it is unacceptable for me and i shall go to rage mode if kabam do that. He is my favourite champion released in this year and second favourite mutant after archangel.

Kabam hasn’t nerfed him yet, nor would a rebalance make him unplayable or significantly less dominant. Wasn’t the whole point of the rebalance system to try to account for champs like Kitty and Herc that make their way through to playability before their full power is realized? I’m pretty sure I remember people saying that Kitty would have been toned down if the rebalance program had been started earlier, so I don’t see the big issue in balancing a champion that most would argue bypasses her.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,902 ★★★★★
    Samanun said:

Emilia90 said:

No he isn’t? For short matchups just go directly for the sp2 melt, or build sp1 + sp2 and they melt super fast lmao. He’s not a nuke like Hulkling or Juggs but he finishes fights pretty quickly with a close to full yellow bar
    It’s pointless going straight to a sp2 with like 3 neuros so you need to do sp1 and with constantly having to pause your neuros he takes a while against non skill defenders, and even against some skill defenders he still takes awhile like killmonger with his high crit resistance and nick having two lives.
    I go straight to sp2 for champs like Nick and Bullseye sometimes and be nukes them in under 60 seconds. But the sp1-> sp2 rotation makes everything pretty easy. 7* have maxed combat power rate so it’s easy to build right under a sp2, pause and throw sp1, combo and pause into sp2, and they’re dead. 10 seconds pause + relic makes it easy to keep the neuros up
  • Options
    edited April 24
    Samanun said:

Emilia90 said:

Is Onslaught even good against Killmonger? He gains power from debuffs instead of shrugging them which means Killmonger gains a ton of power
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

Samanun said:

Emilia90 said:

I go straight to sp2 for champs like Nick and Bullseye sometimes and be nukes them in under 60 seconds. But the sp1-> sp2 rotation makes everything pretty easy. 7* have maxed combat power rate so it’s easy to build right under a sp2, pause and throw sp1, combo and pause into sp2, and they’re dead. 10 seconds pause + relic makes it easy to keep the neuros up
    Well sometimes a few neuros isn't enough so I use a sp1 first while they are paused
  • Options
    MadGodOryxMadGodOryx Posts: 56

Kabam hasn’t nerfed him yet, nor would a rebalance make him unplayable or significantly less dominant. Wasn’t the whole point of the rebalance system to try to account for champs like Kitty and Herc that make their way through to playability before their full power is realized? I’m pretty sure I remember people saying that Kitty would have been toned down if the rebalance program had been started earlier, so I don’t see the big issue in balancing a champion that most would argue bypasses her.
    It doesn’t matter, there is a certain segment of this community that is convinced any sort of nerf is unequivocally ALWAYS a bad thing. Absolutely childish behavior IMO but whaddya gonna do
  • Options
    Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Posts: 261 ★★
    edited April 24
    Bigfoot33 said:

How does this relate to when rebalancing takes place? 🤔
  • Options
    MoghazyMoghazy Posts: 42

Bigfoot33 said:

How does this relate to when rebalancing takes place? 🤔
    This shows the order in which champs were released and the rebalancing also happens in order of their release.. as seen in the pic Onslaught was released after Kushala. Her rebalancing info was released in March so Onslaught rebalancing info will be out next.
  • Options
    Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Posts: 261 ★★
    Ok Thanks for clearing that out for me
  • Options
    The last balance update was also on Wednesday of the last week of March. We may see it this evening
  • Options
    HendrossHendross Posts: 944 ★★★
    Nerf him to the ground and take Serpent, Defender, and Bullseye with him. The latest defenders are sucking the fun out of the game.
  • Options
    Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    Hendross said:

Nerf him to the ground and take Serpent, Defender, and Bullseye with him. The latest defenders are sucking the fun out of the game.

Just get good
  • Options
    Hendross said:

Who is “Defender”?
  • Options
    Also it’s still not our yet
  • Options
    Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Hendross said:

Who is “Defender”?
    I think he means destroyer
  • Options
    Tempest_024Tempest_024 Posts: 58
    Thinking the news might be out next week? Considering we have the event quest open until May 8th.
  • Options
    @Tempest_024 possibly though it may also be today