**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Skill r3 for Valiant

MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,533 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
Hi folks,

So, I've just 100%ed 8.4, and I need to make a quick decision on a Skill r3 for Valiant; preferably before our Progression-linked gift on 26th, and the May calender starting a few days after that (plus, it's Level Up day...πŸ˜‰)

I've not had the best of luck with 7* Skill pulls, but not terrible either. With my pulls from 8.4, my four choices are this:

Elsa, Attuma, Mantis and Black Panther

None of these guys are really game-changing; all have their uses, and tbh I'm not going to agonise over it too much.

What do I want them for? Well, I'm not a huge Battlegrounds fan; I run just enough BGs for rewards, so it's a consideration, although not a strong one. I enjoy most questing (not that there's a lot of that left to do πŸ€”) and even Incursions; and low-stress War down in G4-5.

I'm kind of leaning towards Elsa because I like champs with an 'opening mechanic' like her Evade. She's got a good debuff-removal, various damage mechanisms to bypass caps/immunities, and Coldsnap/Incinerate for a bit of extra Utility.
Attuma is a tough defender, with a bit of utility in his True Accuracy, Inversion of Ability Accuracy, and also has shrug-off (which is useful, but does require a Heavy attack, so it's not automatic like Elsa's).
I quite like Mantis, who's more 'meta' with her Tranquilize; but she's basically a nuke for a game mode I'm not particularly find of; and she's kind of debuff-immune, but only against Science champs. But she's a little tricky, has a very specific rotation, and it's somewhat annoying that she can't throw ordinary Heavy attacks without using up all her mixed emotions.
Black Panther is a bleed machine, but probably not a lot else.
At this point, my main choice seems to be Elsa Vs Attuma; with Mantis in third place. But I thought I'd post this overnight, and see what your thoughts were about these champs, and how they might be useful at r3.

The poll option isn't working, so written responses (and perspective, if you want to share) are warmly welcomed - cheers!

Comments

• Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,724 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Mantis. Or Elsa.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,339 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Definitely Mantis if it were me, but you seem to like Elsa a lot and she’s a good choice if you enjoy playing her
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 5,014 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I might be the only one here to say this, but black panther. I immensely enjoy his bleeds, crits and intercept playstyle.
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,821 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Attuma all day. He’s a beast on attack not just defense.
  • Options
    KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Posts: 913 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Mantis for sure
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,927 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Elsa, given what you said.

She's alot of fun and not tricky to use at all, don't have any sort of rotation to follow and just kills stuff.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,443 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    The champ you want to get banned.
    Take it r3
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 1,357 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I'd go with Mantis
  • Options
    QueenMcocQueenMcoc Posts: 1,078 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Mantis
  • Options
    Guest120193746239Guest120193746239 Posts: 236 β˜…β˜…
    edited April 25
    Attuma monster on defense
  • Options
    predatorrpredatorr Posts: 71 β˜…
    Mantis
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,229 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Elsa
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,816 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    IMO Attuma is the best choice out of the 4, but since you enjoy playing Elsa, she's not a bad candidate either.
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,835 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I so underestimated Mantis when I first pulled her - old tapes from before her buff. She really is great post buff, and in particular is killer good for BGs.

That said, if BGs and AW are not your thing, then frankly neither Mantis or Attuma are probably the right choice - Elsa is great for questing and is a lot of fun (I like mine and don’t understand the hate she gets) - so go for it!
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,533 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Well, thanks everyone.

Quite a spread of opinions; although Mantis showing strong. At least one person advising for each champion!

In the end I decided that I'd go with my initial second-placed choice, Attuma. Mainly it's the uniqueness of his AAR reversal; since there are so many Disorient and Confusion-related nodes in the game, now. Plus he's effectively immune to stun debuffs and the utility of True Accuracy>Coldsnap.

However, the deciding factor was none of those things - really, it was Kate Bishop (who I've got at Skill R5) and her huge overlap with both Elsa and Mantis.

So, thanks for sharing your perspectives; and I'm happy to say, I've joined the Valiant club πŸ˜‰