Options

Omega Days Announcement

Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,070 ★★★★★
For those who haven’t seen it, I’ll put it right at the top:
https://playcontestofchampions.com/news/omega-days/

Very cool pool of new 7* champs coming to the game, but I have one pretty big concern. At the bottom of the announcement, it is explained that there is a way to get 34 free Cavalier crystals. However, the Omega Rush event only gains progress when opening Paragon or Valiant crystals (also, cool that we’re getting Valiant crystals). So does this mean that the only way to make progress on the Paragon+ event is by purchasing the relevant crystals and there will be no non-expenditure based means of getting any points towards it?

The top milestone is at 400 points and you get 2 points per crystal. So you’d need 200 crystals at 300 units apiece, which is 60,000 units. That would make this I think the highest threshold ever in the game. I hope there’s some mitigation here that I’m just not seeing.

Comments

• Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,488 ★★★
    Less units, there are some in milestones
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,076 ★★★
    There are Paragon crystals in the Uncollected+ track which will start you on your milestones for the Paragon+ track. Reinvest these crystals and units to climb the ladder, ala Banquet event.

But outside of special unit offers they'll likely have, the only way is to just keep buying those Valiant Omega crystals
  • Options
    horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 226 ★★
    Even with the 9k units in the milestones it will still be 51k units or about 1500 dollars if you have to buy them.
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,184 ★★★★
    From my calculations if you get the free 34 crystals and buy one cav for 150 units, you'll get enough of the paragon crystals to get 2 milestones of the next event which gives paragon crystals and 600 units.

... On the assumption it's points for opening the crystals not buying the crystals
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,803 ★★★★

I said on lines group already saying here as well whales gonna whale out
    F2p gonna watch out usafa and damn epic whale youtube videos to feel happy and after that gameplays of new 7 Star and that's it for the f2p experience

You are right, i will watch damnepicwhale open all 7* omega crystals and feel good somehow even though i will open none. I will spam DEO in the chat, nah, i actually don't do that but feels cool.
  • Options
    AvnishAvnish Posts: 320 ★★
    Corvus is coming in 7*. I just R4 my corvus with the gem from act8. But that's okay. I don't think I will be getting anyone of them soon.
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,184 ★★★★

F2P can get up to 62 points from the uncollected event. This will give you 14 omega paragon, which gives you 28 points for the paragon event. The units and the crystals from the milestones can push you to 44 points total for the paragon and push you to 78 points for the uncollected. So final milestones should be 78 pts for the uncollected + and 44 points for the paragon + for f2p players at a minimum

I think it's 1 point per Cav, 2 points per paragon/ valiant
  • Options
    Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 643 ★★★
    SandeepS said:

F2P can get up to 62 points from the uncollected event. This will give you 14 omega paragon, which gives you 28 points for the paragon event. The units and the crystals from the milestones can push you to 44 points total for the paragon and push you to 78 points for the uncollected. So final milestones should be 78 pts for the uncollected + and 44 points for the paragon + for f2p players at a minimum

I think it's 1 point per Cav, 2 points per paragon/ valiant
    Yes, you get 34 cavs from doing solo objectives. That gives you 34 points which you can use the paragon crystals you get from the milestones to feed you more points to get to 62 points. I could be wrong, but the math looked right at a glance
  • Options
    SquammoSquammo Posts: 445 ★★★
    Am I right assuming that paragon and valiant will get rewards for both events?
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

I just took a bunch of champs to r2 and I was happy to finally have a good enough roster for higher tier battlegrounds, but I’m cooked again with multiple whale events coming up lmao

I mean not necessarily. USAFA currently has the most r3s, am I correct? Yet I never see him being talked about as being top 10 in Celestial or anything.

I feel like some of these people with decked out rosters don't even do anything with them. It's just the novelty of having them and the dopamine hit of gambling and opening stuff.

Regardless, if you look at this event extremely close, the big prize for whaling out are a couple new 7*s and a single r3 sig 101 (at least) champ. That's about it. I'd highly call that enough of an advantage to keep you from still beating these people.
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,488 ★★★
    Buttehrs said:

So that's why they stopping monthly legen runs. 7* corvus would make it too quick 🤣

Amen
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,956 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

I just took a bunch of champs to r2 and I was happy to finally have a good enough roster for higher tier battlegrounds, but I’m cooked again with multiple whale events coming up lmao

I mean not necessarily. USAFA currently has the most r3s, am I correct? Yet I never see him being talked about as being top 10 in Celestial or anything.

I feel like some of these people with decked out rosters don't even do anything with them. It's just the novelty of having them and the dopamine hit of gambling and opening stuff.

Regardless, if you look at this event extremely close, the big prize for whaling out are a couple new 7*s and a single r3 sig 101 (at least) champ. That's about it. I'd highly call that enough of an advantage to keep you from still beating these people.
    Completely fair and true. I’ve beaten whales before, but I guess this event isn’t really my main worry. It’s more so a combination of this, spring cleaning, and July 4th. There’s a big skill ask even with a massive roster, but if we see a ton of rank 3’s coming our way, it gets a lot harder to win unless the whales just suck at the game (to be honest, a lot of them do though lol).
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

There’s a big skill ask even with a massive roster, but if we see a ton of rank 3’s coming our way, it gets a lot harder to win unless the whales just suck at the game (to be honest, a lot of them do though lol).
    Truth to both of those haha!

• Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,908 ★★★★★
    We need the mathnaticians to do a complete breakdown of units needed for the 400 points lol
  • Options
    CvlrCvlr Posts: 221 ★★
    edited April 25
    Emilia90 said:

Same feeling lmao. We'll be overwhelmed by whales. Overwhalmeds

(cringe stuff to lighten things up)
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,157 ★★★★★
    This is mad - hopefully I can squeeze up to milestone 10..maybe.
  • Options
    ZilliaxerZilliaxer Posts: 77
    Yeah,another event for whales-units grab
    f2p valiants get cavalier crystals,no comments