**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BG ISSUE**
We are aware of an issue with the seeding for the beginning of the BG season.
We are adding rewards to higher progression brackets to offset the additional grind.
More information here.
**Arcade is being extra tricky with his Murder Box...**
It appears Arcade has been non-cooperative in his approach to this month's side quest and presented his clues in a nonsensical order. Lucky you, Summoners, we have our best and brightest on the case and those clues should now be a lot more straightforward. While messing around in Arcade's files we came across a phrase, highlighted and bolded, with sparkles and pointy arrows: "the abode for the dead" ... Maybe that will help you along the way!
Options

Has battlegrounds killed MCOC?

Hickdog27Hickdog27 Posts: 137 ★★
edited April 26 in General Discussion
Been wanting to post this for a while. I know lots of the try hards will object, so this question is geared more towards the casual player.

Personally, I don’t like the mode. I have a big roster, but like to play this game as a stress reliever as opposed to a stress inducer. The AI lately has been atrocious and in a mode like BGs where you’ll lose if you get combo’d it just sucks and isn’t fun.

Comments

• Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,279 ★★★★
    You play to stress relief, and don't like playing Bg.... What's the doubt here?
  • Options
    GalactikDonutGalactikDonut Posts: 347 ★★★
    i also do not like bg that much, but i’m glad it’s in the game for those that do. it’s stilly to say a game mode you don’t personally enjoy has “killed” the game
  • Options
    Hickdog27Hickdog27 Posts: 137 ★★
    edited April 26
    Also didn’t mean for the original post to be so negative. “Killing the game” was a bit dramatic. It was moreso an observation that the new champs, rewards, etc., are all pushing us to a mode that many (myself as it applies to this post) don’t find enjoyable or find counter to the main reason they started playing and/or spending on the game.

• Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 1,007 ★★★★
    Bg was the best thing for the games longevity
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,554 ★★★★★
    Hickdog27 said:

I love the comments but when the best store in the game is BGs, do you not feel forced to play it?

So many of the new champs are BG focused, some even get a BG ramp up bonus in their kit.

I understand the “don’t play it” logic, but am I wrong in thinking that BG is the mode the devs want us playing? And that that is where the game is ultimately going?

It's the most competitive game mode, of course the devs want us to play it because that's where games thrive the most and last the longest. Just because it has the best store in the game doesn't mean you have to play it. You're just choosing a less stressful experience which also means you arent getting the rewards associated with what you have given up
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 675 ★★★★
    if anything it saved it
  • Options
    ErrangErrang Posts: 73
    @Hickdog27 its understandable that you don’t like BGs; it’s been stated several times that this is a big shift from the norm — usually, you beat the AI, you win; but now you need to beat the AI faster than someone else. It is a big shift from the ~7 years of something else.

Not sure if I’d agree with everyone saying BGs saved the game; but it definitely extended its life. Simply put, you need 30 champs, instead of the usual 11 (5 for story, 3 for AQ and 3 for AW). Thats why champs were getting locked from AQ/AW, so we were forced to rank more than 5 champs.

At the end of the day, we need some incentive to collect and rank up champs; and we’re at a point where they prolly can’t create enough content to justify those champs and rank ups without BGs.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,486 ★★★★
    Hickdog27 said:

Been wanting to post this for a while. I know lots of the try hards will object, so this question is geared more towards the casual player.

Personally, I don’t like the mode. I have a big roster, but like to play this game as a stress reliever as opposed to a stress inducer. The AI lately has been atrocious and in a mode like BGs where you’ll lose if you get combo’d it just sucks and isn’t fun.

I personally don't touch the mode as i have 30 non-contiguous minutes that i can play in a day, however:

1) BGs keep the high-end/end game contingent engaged. They are what funds the game in between events. Even if metrics boils it down to just 4k users, those users account for a disproportionate amount of revenue.
    2) casuals are only useful for their potential to become more than casual. It's why streamers tout paid subs numbers in earnings calls, not total (casual/freeloader) subs.
  • Options
    Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 876 ★★★
    Hickdog27 said:

I'd say I'm a casual....maybe a little more than casual but don't really spend much if anything.....in an alliance that no longer does anything above running aw and aq just for basic rewards. If it was a job I'd say I'm retired but working part time.....ANNNND BG, if anything, has saved this game for many. It's why I log in daily....do a few fights...it's one piece of "content" that never runs out and has an endless pool of rewards.....best game mode IMO in YEARS , maybe ever.....and it is completely optional so complaining about it sounds like complaining just to complain

• Options
    Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 876 ★★★
    And I'm not saying OP is complaining. All your comments and questions were respectfully articulated and even when someone disagreed you didn't start an internet fight. Very rare in today's gaming forum world
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★

"Personally, I don’t like the mode. I have a big roster, but like to play this game as a stress reliever as opposed to a stress inducer."

So don't play it....

How the hell is it killing the game because YOU don't like it?

• Options
    BuildBuild Posts: 44
    Battlegrounds didn't kill it. First ten+ seasons were a blast. Kabam's compulsions to build a pita defender every month, that mostly whales end up with, is hurting BGs. It's a war of attrition, who has more OP defenders usually wins. Defenders are a need. However, the brakes need to be pumped.

I used to spend frequently on this game. Stuff like this piling up with the numerous other problems, is causing me to not support the devs as I used to. I still spend here and there. But until this game approaches the prestige it once had I won't return to that level of spending.

I have been wanting to say, but have held in fear I'm misremembering..... some time ago, some sort of director position was changed. As well as some of (or all?) the teams working directly on the game. Old "man in charge" was moved to a new project. This is almost the exact time the offers went up in cost, input fell apart, lag became such a issue, things went invisible, AI went to pot, etc etc etc etc etc etc

Kabam is a company, with shareholders, I understand this. A company needs to keep developing new projects to stay afloat, and needs income. I definitely understand giving the whales something to buy. But companies that neglect the things that have made them what they are often falter.

I wish Kabam, in its entirety, good luck.
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,218 ★★★★
    Hickdog27 said:

I love the comments but when the best store in the game is BGs, do you not feel forced to play it?

So many of the new champs are BG focused, some even get a BG ramp up bonus in their kit.

I understand the “don’t play it” logic, but am I wrong in thinking that BG is the mode the devs want us playing? And that that is where the game is ultimately going?

I've never felt forced to do anything in this game. I have no fear of missing out on rewards. I don't care who has a better roster than mine.
    I play whatever mode appeals to me that day.
  • Options
    Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Posts: 287 ★★★
    Yes
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,531 ★★★★★

Hickdog27 said:

I personally don't touch the mode as i have 30 non-contiguous minutes that i can play in a day, however:

1) BGs keep the high-end/end game contingent engaged. They are what funds the game in between events. Even if metrics boils it down to just 4k users, those users account for a disproportionate amount of revenue.
    2) casuals are only useful for their potential to become more than casual. It's why streamers tout paid subs numbers in earnings calls, not total (casual/freeloader) subs.
    Largely true; although given their large numbers, casuals have two more uses:
    1 - they provide spenders/more dedicated players with opponents who can be beaten
    2 - they build, maintain and spread information and hype (i.e. the community) about the game.

I'm not a fan of BGs; but I can see the appeal, and how much it's helped the game. It's just a shame that the somewhat rigid time commitments (solid bursts of time where you can't pause your phone or put it down) makes it off-putting or inaccessible to those of us fitting MCOC around lots of real life commitments. As you say, non-contiguous time doesn't allow you to play BGs effectively.

That was what was always my problem with Incursions, until they developed the solo mode.
  • Options
    Dab_westDab_west Posts: 146 ★★
    edited April 26
    the reason champs are designed for bgs in mind is because thats where people really care how good a champion is, no new champ is really designed for questing cause u can do questing with anyone. Nobody these days would bat an eye at a new ramp up character that takes several fights to complete their ramp
  • Options
    GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 512 ★★★
    Hickdog27 said:

Personally, I don’t like the mode..

Fair enough. Not to sound like a smart you know what, but if one mode is not enjoyable play the others. Arena could provide the stress relief that you are looking for. (Out of respect I will not list all the modes, but to push the point I will say there are multiple and they each provide a different "something" for the casual player)
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    I'm stuck at the 5 wins in a row tier... Can't get past that. If it was 3 like the others I'd be more motivated but that puts me off. Once you're past that it's more fun as it doesn't matter as much if you lose
  • Options
    WarlockjrWarlockjr Posts: 798 ★★★
    bgs are just ok.It depends on the node. I'm ok with this node but my deck isn't the greatest compared to all the other diamond 4 players with 7 r5s and im over here with 1 and only 6 7*s. Its not hard, i'm just not playing till the season is over then next season ill start at an easy place.
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 714 ★★★★
    Warlockjr said:

bgs are just ok.It depends on the node. I'm ok with this node but my deck isn't the greatest compared to all the other diamond 4 players with 7 r5s and im over here with 1 and only 6 7*s. Its not hard, i'm just not playing till the season is over then next season ill start at an easy place.

BG definitely favors endgame players. If you still have story content to do, that should be the priority. Once you become an endgame player though, it gives you something to do
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,810 ★★★★★

Warlockjr said:

BG definitely favors endgame players. If you still have story content to do, that should be the priority. Once you become an endgame player though, it gives you something to do
    Literally every game mode favors endgame players because that's the point, the greater your account the greater the rewards.