**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Next Wednesday is the 1 year anniversary of the 7* launch - what do you think so far?

OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,866 ★★★★
Wednesday May 8th is the 1 year anniversary of the launch of 7*s into the game. How do you think it has gone? How is your 7* Roster 1 year in?

My personal POV is that Kabam have done a very good job on this. I think releasing the champs the way they have - in particularly keeping the Hercs/Kittys/Dooms/Nicks out of the pool - has caused many of us to re-evaluate champs that we either hadn’t used or hadn’t used in a while, and taught us to appreciate them. The ascension has allowed us to keep getting value out of our top 6* champs, so they didn’t immediately become irrelevant. New 7* champs pacing seems to be pretty good. I’ll admit I’ve only been playing for ~4 years so wasn’t around for the 5 and 6* launches, but what I have read seems to indicate this launch was managed quite well on a relative basis.

My roster 1 year in is looking quite good. This week I actually passed a critical point where I feel like my roster would benefit more from a number of key dups than it would from a bunch of new champs.

My 7* roster build up has been a marked contrast to my 5 and 6* build up. Both of those didn’t go well - I probably had 15-20 5*’s before I pulled one that was solidly good, and nearly 30 6*s before I started getting decent champs. With my 7* roster it has been a very different experience. My first three pulls were Domino, Venom, and Titania. (Yeah, I know). 1 year in I’m in really good shape aside from a weakness in my Skill defenders. Admittedly this is due to some really great luck in April (new champs - Juggs, Warlock, Bishop, Shang Chi, key first time dups of Photon, Venom, Bishop, Knull, Crossbones, and Sassy). Admittedly this luck was offset by 4 pretty terrible Titan pulls (Thing X 2, Morbius X 2) but overall April closed many of the key gaps I had roster wise.

I’m at the point now where a number of key dups (Juggs, Ironman OG, SpiderHam, etc) would do more for me than additional new champs. Not saying there aren’t still a few I’d like to pick up (looking at you America Chavez) but I’d be pretty happy with a bunch of dups for the next month or two.

What are your thoughts as we approach the 1 year anniversary? How do you think Kabam has done? Are you happy with your roster so far?

Comments

• Options
    The_losttierThe_losttier Posts: 116 ★★
    1 year already? Damn that’s a lot of time… I have 47 champ and I have been dup 25 times
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,420 ★★★★★
    59 7 stars.
  • Options
    TERENCE-CHILLTERENCE-CHILL Posts: 4
    edited May 3
    Pulled my 55th 7-star yesterday (Colossus).

I have 2 R3s (Shuri, Adam) and 7 R2s (Gambit, Kushala, Onslaught, Sunspot, Mantis, Hulk, Titania). Of these 9 only Shuri and Gambit are awakened.

So far I am pretty content. My only gripe is that it might take AGES to awaken my Adam...
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,993 ★★★★★
    Just obtain my 4th and it is Ebony Maw. Wondering if I took a year to get four 6-Stars.

I distinctly recall being at Level 41 before obtaining a first 4-Star (a god nerfed to the ground).
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,447 ★★★★★
    The whole 7 star process was suprisinlgly awesome
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,812 ★★★★★
    I think Kabam handled things really well. The launch was much, much better than previous launches of new star ratings. They've almost consistently released good champions whenever they've introduced old champions. The only weird exception is Venom the Duck. They joked around about him maybe not being the best champion in the game but that he was a strong buff candidate, so people shouldn't feel too bad if they pulled him. One year later and he's still not been buffed, meaning he is the weakest link by far in the 7* pool.

Granted, they didn't promise that they would buff him, but it was rather heavily implied that something was going to happen to him. I think releasing him into the 7* pool without a buff ready to go was a mistake.

However, that is one of very few mistakes I think they've done when it comes to this. Overall, I think it has been great.

One thing I would maybe like to see is a way to dupe certain champions from those very limited-time crystals, such as the one that was available during the Banquet event. I was lucky enough to pretty much pull and dupe the ones I wanted, but I would be really annoyed if I had no way whatsoever to awaken those champions. I understand that Kabam wanted to keep them exclusive but I'm not a massive fan of not even saying when we'll have the chance to get them again.
  • Options
    FinalfurykFinalfuryk Posts: 215 ★★
    edited May 3
    I personally think it's been really well done. It's breathed life into champs nobody gave a **** about that had really neat kits (looking at America Chavez being a top champ now for example) and it's been fun having a chase for champs. I have a giant roster and own pretty much all the six stars so it's given me something that is fun to open again. I think stat focus isn't a huge upgrade over six stars, but the bigger health pools and attack ratings have made those longer fights in endgame content much more manageable. I think seven stars are a win overall.
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,665 ★★★
    edited May 3
    My 2 Seven ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Moondragon and Mangog are awesome and helping me so much.
    Mangog always banned on BG
    In the few Matches he wasnt, he defeated the rival as defender.

Learned how to play with Moondragon and she is amazing.

A tip, when she throws Sp1, and waits on air, some few champs can hit her ,but others dont, and if they come, attack them in the right time.
    😊👍
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,408 ★★★★
    7 star chase was better than I thought it would be. I agree that I wish all loyalty and Incursion champs will go the basic pool one day. I would love a 7 star Angela or Black Cat, but it takes forever to get enough resources to open them. Otherwise it's been a fun experience.
  • Options
    M0NKEYNUTSM0NKEYNUTS Posts: 168 ★★
    I have 44 champs in my 7* roster.

Four are R3: Elsa (duped), Hulk (unduped), Chavez (unduped), and Venom (duped).

Twelve are R2: Storm X, Juggs, Deathless Guilly, Sunspot, Photon, Wiccan, Attuma, Bishop, Titania, Dust, Morbius, Warlock. First three are duped, rest are not.

Of the rest of my R1s, I have a duped Knull, unduped Spider Ham, unduped Serpent, duped Hyperion, and unduped Red Skull that I would like to rank up soon.

Happy with my roster, agree with OP that they did a good job with this.

• Options
    IamnikeIamnike Posts: 252 ★★
    Its been a big W in my opinion, way better than the launch of 6*. Better pool of champs, better shards amounts for F2P and lite spenders, and feel worth to rank over 6*.
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 989 ★★★
    At first I thought it would take forever to increase my 7* roster with a Gold 5 and a Silver 2 alliance but it has not been too bad for me.
    37 in my main Valiant account and 11 in my alt Paragon account. 3 r3s and 5 r2s on my main and the rest are rank 1s. Worst streak is 5 dupes in a row of pretty much the same champs. Pull Gambit 3 times and twice from a mutant class crystals.
    Biggest letdown is paragon crystals, 300+ between 2 accounts and no 7* still. Must be a record of sorts…
  • Options
    RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Posts: 710 ★★★
    I wish they didnt exist. At least until a lot of people had like 20 r5 6 stars
  • Options
    SammyDe said:

At first I thought it would take forever to increase my 7* roster with a Gold 5 and a Silver 2 alliance but it has not been too bad for me.
    37 in my main Valiant account and 11 in my alt Paragon account. 3 r3s and 5 r2s on my main and the rest are rank 1s. Worst streak is 5 dupes in a row of pretty much the same champs. Pull Gambit 3 times and twice from a mutant class crystals.
    Biggest letdown is paragon crystals, 300+ between 2 accounts and no 7* still. Must be a record of sorts…

Wow - that is something of a bad streak. I’m probably at 200 ish but have pulled 3 7*’s out - Dragonman, SpideyOG, and a dup on my Shuri.
  • Options
    allinashesallinashes Posts: 818 ★★★
    SammyDe said:

I feel like I have hardly any 7* with only 35, and a lot of those pretty meh. I have 3 R3s though and nearly to a 4th. Not many R2 but I've been saving resources hoping for champs I like better.

Maybe it's because like you, I've never opened a 7* from a Paragon crystal. My crystal luck is legit terrible overall. If it wasn't for champ selector in the holiday sales, I wouldn't even have many of the top 6*. Looking forward to 7* selectors in future sales.

I am thankful for ascension though, along with the steady supply of 4-->5 gems. It gives me breathing room to use my 6* and give my 7* roster time to develop.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,476 ★★★★★
    I have 51. Could be more but for some reason the game wants me to have Sassy, Spider Gwen and VTD. I think the fact that we have R3's and it's only been a year is a little crazy especially since they don't want 8*'s anytime soon. The introduction to 6*'s seemed way slower.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,489 ★★★★★
    sick of duping same trash.
    Was at 56 2 months ago, now at 59
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,528 ★★★★★
    To celebrate the 1 year anniversary kabam idea is to run a mega whale event for 1 week. 🙄
  • Options

To celebrate the 1 year anniversary kabam idea is to run a mega whale event for 1 week. 🙄

Haha true. I was sort of wondering if they were going to do a 7* launch anniversary calendar or something, but you are right they probably will be too focused on the Omega event for something like that.
  • Options
    GlassbackGlassback Posts: 444 ★★★
    Agree with @Oakenshield - good write up and analysis matey.

I’m 31 7*s and newly valiant. My top 7s aren’t broken champs but do me well, I’m on 14 6r5a and they still put the most graft in BG and War.

I like that most of my roster is still relevant and continuing building nicely
  • Options
    Oh and I’m at 58 champs with 23 of them duped. Forgot to mention that in the original post.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,704 ★★★★★
    38 with 7 dupes. Seems like I need more 😁
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★
    edited May 4
    What I can't help but wonder now is, how long after 6* released did we start getting r3s 🤔 never really thought about it before this post but less than a year after release we got 7* r3, is that fast? ... I wasn't here back when 6* was released
  • Options
    Kingering_KingKingering_King Posts: 548 ★★
    I have 7 7*s…👀🤔
  • Options
    JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 852 ★★★
    I approve. They haven’t changed things all that much yet since ascending became a thing. I also appreciate that they’re staying true to their word and keeping in-game rank up rewards at least even with ptp offers.