Options

ETA on new Arena Crystal with 7 star Punisher?

ObiDonObiDon Posts: 28
I’m sure I’m not the only one waiting for the seven star punisher. I’d imagine the next arena crystal would be coming soon

Comments

• Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,825 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Paragon Arena Crystals

250k chips per crystal

I'd say more like 100k per. 250k for 8* in a few years haha.
    Well the previous crystals increase 5 fold in cost (2k, 10k, 50k) so 250 k makes more sense.
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,304 ★★★★
    I would love a 7 star Punisher, we need to make this happen.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,787 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

Paragon Arena Crystals

250k chips per crystal

Well the previous crystals increase 5 fold in cost (2k, 10k, 50k) so 250 k makes more sense.
    Yeah this be correct that it will be 250k as they been making it increase of everything 5x
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,825 ★★★★★

Well even if they make it to a new set of battlechips crystal, you still probably need a billion battlechips to pull him lol
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,304 ★★★★

Well even if they make it to a new set of battlechips crystal, you still probably need a billion battlechips to pull him lol
    So you are saying there is a chance. Good to know.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,787 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

Paragon Arena Crystals

250k chips per crystal

Now thinking the one after this arena crystal be so expensive there needs to be an increase to bc as 1m battlechips for one be insanity
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,486 ★★★★
    edited May 10
    Buff Punisher before adding him into the crystal please

• Options
    Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Posts: 172 ★★
    You might actually be the only one waiting for this.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,899 Guardian
    ObiDon said:

I’m sure I’m not the only one waiting for the seven star punisher. I’d imagine the next arena crystal would be coming soon

I wouldn't hold my breath. If memory serves, the TB arena crystal went from "we're considering it" to actually being launched in the game over a period of two years.

The first issue is that the arena crystal is not a high priority item. The second issue is that the arena crystals broke their own scaling rules, making it not a trivial exercise to introduce the next one. The UC crystal is a trivial extension of the regular crystal. It costs five times as much, and the rewards within it are five times larger. But the TB crystal is not exactly that, because if it were the energy reward would have scaled up from five full energy refills to twenty five, which is more than the player can hold. That would be problematic. So the made it ten energy refills and increased the odds of getting energy refills slightly to make the net return about the same, and that required changing the odds of the gold rewards and their values as well to compensate (when you increase the odds of getting energy, those odds have to come from somewhere).

Scaling up again to a hypothetical Paragon or Valliant crystal would further skew the odds because you can't award fifty energy refills, but it would also start to get weird to have five times the odd of getting energy. And the cost would scale up to 250k BC per crystal which might start to become impractical. If the 7* Punisher had the same odds in that crystal that the 6* Punisher has in the current TB crystal then the average amount of Battlechips required to catch him would be 1.25 billion battlechips. As a practical matter, I do not believe any player has come close, or will likely ever come close to earning that many battlechips in the game. If someone did nothing but grind arena every waking moment of their lives and did it perfectly efficiently this would take over ten years to accomplish.

To put this in perspective, my estimate for lifetime battlechip earning in my main account is about 70 million BC and I'm an above average arena grinder.
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,562 ★★★
    Punisher.....yes.......
  • Options
    johnlaw3742johnlaw3742 Posts: 174
    6* Punisher has started showing up in limited time Cav Crystals so I would expect more of that for 6* and/or 7* Punisher.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,486 ★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Buff Punisher before adding him into the crystal please

Or even better, create a MCU punisher instead