**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Science awakening gem community

SmokinSurferSmokinSurfer Posts: 1,191 ★★★
Can we all gather here and go over these new champs and try and sort out what it is we should be doing. I've got 2 Science gems personally (3/3 i used 1 on Hulk). I figure we can gather our thoughts here as these 5* decisions are big and will carry with us. Especially so if we are to make a champ R5.

Sentry looks like he'll be ok, if you get a Void. Right now is just speculation for a few more hours until we start seeing him in action.

Hopefully we can get a general consensus as to what to do even if the answer is to just ignore your Science gems, save 5* shards for Blade or, even try for Modok to at least help out the defense. I'm under the impression GHulk won't be a big damage dealer as is Hulk, he surely won't be a healer so I'm thinking defense / utility. Maybe he does have a block breaking ability. But I'm guessing he won't be the god tier champ you want to R5.

Comments

• Options
    PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    I've had 2 science gems, I used one on Quake and I now have one left. After seeing Sentry and Void in action, even if Void turns out to be a great defender, I'm not blown away. I spun 2 basics this morning, got another Starlord dupe and a Daredevil dupe. Not totally satisfied with those, but still I'm not really willing to blow an extra 5k shards a time on these two.

It seems like Modok would be worth picking up when he comes back, purely to help out the alliance.
  • Options
    DroidDoesDroidDoes Posts: 404 ★★
    I had one, from my first LoL run. Got MODOK from the featured crystal when he was offered and couldn’t use it fast enough on him haha. Otherwise I’d say for current champs, would be useful on either Quake or Hulk, or wait for Void rather than Sentry
  • Options
    DroidDoesDroidDoes Posts: 404 ★★
    Do you guys think Void can be a good damage output on offense? Or with synergies between them they may be god tier? Congrats on the Modok at least you have a good use for the gem there.

Thanks! Yeah had no one else to use it on, given my current 5* science lineup, so it had been sitting there for months haha. Void seems like he can on his own, given his debuffs that also degen, the fury buffs he can proc, etc. Lagacy did a great early summary video for Void on YouTube that I recommend watching
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 999 ★★★
    x2 Science Awakening gem. I feel like popping just one featured for void so I can get rid of one but I have to save for blade. Worse is that I only have one science 5* and he is already duped (OG Spidey) so I cant get rid of one even if I wanted to
  • Options
    Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    What do we really know about Gladiator Hulk (if he really is even coming)? Have there been any leaks about his abilities (I haven't seen any).
  • Options
    NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    Omg 2x science gems here too, thank goodness I found a support group
  • Options
    Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    I got 2 science gems. 5.3 and LoL first run. But with the current champs in basic pool, I'm not going for any featureds. Maybe because I already have Blade (used a skill gem from 5.4 on him) and SL duped, GR unduped at R4.

All i need now is starky and I'm set. If I get any of these science champs when they are in basic, cool. But they don't seem worth the extra 5k shards gamble. Maybe Gladiator Hulk would be a different case.
  • Options
    HuonuoHuonuo Posts: 42
    Me joining this very exclusive and horrifying club... Kabam sucks
  • Options
    AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    Still 3 science gems, didn't get Sentry either
  • Options
    Campo4Campo4 Posts: 141
    Good post. I pulled science AG and r3-r4 5* rank up gem of science when I completed Act 5. Felt like a slap in the face. Was excited for Sentry but from what I’ve seen not worth a featured crystal. Hopefully void is good, maybe how every 10 seconds you apply direct damage and some kind of ability reduction could be a cool effect. Could be a way around some annoying nodes if it scales well.

I’m still on the Save for Blade bus.
  • Options
    ViciousJViciousJ Posts: 256
    x1 one science gem .. glad there is a club of people like us .. now need a helpline
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,251 ★★★★★
    I have 2x Science 5* Awakening gems, 5* R2 to R3 Science, 5* R3 to R4 Science. Talk about sadness.
  • Options
    Sgt_Doakes1Sgt_Doakes1 Posts: 34
    2 here as well, almost thought about r4'ing OG Cap haha. Guess I will try for Void of Glad Hulk if he comes
  • Options
    Spart3nSpart3n Posts: 36
    Sitting on 5 science 4* AG and 2 science 5*AG myself, all my science champs are already duped, they have all been duped for more than a year. Kabam needs to let us trade these things in for other classes, it is crazy that they released this trash as the new Science champs.
  • Options
    i had one from my LOL run in march last year, held it until december and used it on quake as soon as i could.

glad im not in your club anymore its the worst club to be in.
  • Options
    MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    I have one. I'm trying for Blade in February and then will save for second round of sentry, void and hopefully gladiator hulk. By then we'll have a better sense of who's worth it.