**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Wins Not Registering [under investigation]

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,764 ★★★★★
edited May 21 in General Discussion
First time for this in a while, but this EQ has had a few fights that force the player to refight after winning. I’ve had a grand total of 3 this far. Here’s one from today:

Just beat Cat with full health bar on Claire. Now, I’m right back where I started. Restarting the game didn’t work.

The game requires commitment of time. Bugs like this make it seem like the people who design the game don’t value the players’ time. Even if it isn’t a meaningful resource for MCoC, I can provide assurances that time is quite valuable for the players.

Dr. Zola
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• Options
    Wong_99Wong_99 Posts: 604 ★★★
    I had that happen today after I soloed sos iron fist
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,817 ★★★★
    These bugs have been happening to me for a few days now, but luckily they weren't any fights that were too important (mostly just EQ fights). Hopefully this doesn't happen in anything important though 😂
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,440 ★★★★★
    Happened twice to me in act 7 and 8 as well on my mini yesterday. Just didn't report as I thought the game had lost connection in between fights
  • Options
    jj_jj_9jj_jj_9 Posts: 107
    had this a lot but only in tb eq
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,720 ★★★★★
    Also for a fact this happens in beta server as well.
  • Options
    Kabam JaxKabam Jax Posts: 1,718
    Bringing this to the team now. Reports are scattered, so let's try to find a pattern here:

If you experience this issue (and you're sure) please include the following:

Device
    Matchup
    Game mode

As always, the more specific the better.

Thank you!
  • Options
    I’m iPhone 15 Pro Max, only in EQ this far. I’ve had Dust in 2.2 and Black Cat in 3.1 that I recall. Will check to see which fight was in 3.2.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    jj_jj_9jj_jj_9 Posts: 107
    had this a lot but only in tb eq and im on an iphone 15
  • Options
    MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 691 ★★★
    edited May 21
    iPhone 13
    EQ 3.1 Ultron, 3.2 Taskmaster
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 19,035 Guardian
    DrZola said:

And again this morning…trying to knock out EQ so I can run paragauntlet. Dust in 2.2–Bishop picks up the win and then I get this:

Is this a cataclysmic issue? No. But the sheer volume of issues like this that seem to proliferate and persist in game is something that baffles me.

@DNA3000 and I chatter a fair bit about the level of precision and accuracy that is reasonable to expect from a phone game. We have differing views, in many ways because of different backgrounds.

I personally think the team can and should do better—on this and otherwise.

Dr. Zola

Just to clarify, there’s two meanings for “expect”, one in which we have similar notions, and one in which we have different ones.

We can “expect” software developers to do better, in the sense that we can set high standards for what they should strive to achieve. In that I think we agree.

Then there’s what we can “expect” to actually happen, in terms of observing the world and adjusting our predictions to what is statistically likely to happen, given what happens everywhere else. There, I believe my experiences cause me to be far more pessimistic than you.
  • Options
    edited May 21
    Here’s one for the books…

…a loss not registering. Running TB EQ 1.2, I wound up losing my OGIM to Infamous IM. Finished him off with OS, moved on down the path to find…my OGIM back at the health he had been when I entered the Infamous IM fight. I’m pretty certain I didn’t accidentally revive and heal him up.

This is great—but it’s also weird. Maybe it’s karmic payback for having to fight those extra fights.

Optimism wins this one @DNA3000 😆

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Kabam Jax said:

Bringing this to the team now. Reports are scattered, so let's try to find a pattern here:

Device
    Matchup
    Game mode

Thank you!

Same device as noted above.

Now happening in SQ: AntiVenom, TL5. Win the fight—forced to do it again.

Are the Kabam server hamsters on strike? Are you still conducting your investigation?

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    edited May 22

And yet again…

This time, wound up getting AbsMan KO’d when I had two calls come in during this fight.

And yet somehow, I manage to be un-KO’d. With all of the health I removed from Knull gone as well.

@Kabam Miike I suggest you guys implement this particular bug in all Spring of Sorrow content. It will be a very big hit!!

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 4,353 ★★★★★
    This stuff normally happens if u leave the game running then you lock the screen of device or game doesnt restart back up
  • Options
    Bendy said:

This stuff normally happens if u leave the game running then you lock the screen of device or game doesnt restart back up

It’s happening for me straight up after a fight.

If this particular issue (where the player gets restored health after getting KOd but keeps the damage done to the defender) happened all the time, I can assure you the team would be working overtime to find a fix.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Kabam JaxKabam Jax Posts: 1,718
    DrZola said:

Bendy said:

If this particular issue (where the player gets restored health after getting KOd but keeps the damage done to the defender) happened all the time, I can assure you the team would be working overtime to find a fix.

Dr. Zola
    You said that did happen to you too, did you not? Not sure how that impacts your stance here.

And yes, as always, unless you hear otherwise, you are safe to assume that we are still working on the thing we previously said we were working on.
  • Options
    edited May 22
    Kabam Jax said:

DrZola said:

Bendy said:

Dr. Zola
    You said that did happen to you too, did you not? Not sure how that impacts your stance here.

And yes, as always, unless you hear otherwise, you are safe to assume that we are still working on the thing we previously said we were working on.
    It did, and while that comment was made tongue in cheek, it does concern me as something exploitable—to wit, I should have had to revive in the SQ, but not only did I avoid that entirely, I also was able to retain all the damage I did in the fight.

I haven’t ever run across anything like this particular instance. Having to refight the same fight occurs from time to time and gets annoying. But this is essentially the reverse of that, and it’s happened twice to me this week.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    TheHercTheHerc Posts: 81
    It happened to me too.
    Device - pixel 6
    Game mode - arena
    Matchup - herc vs kindred
  • Options
    Lemon_Man44Lemon_Man44 Posts: 240 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Device
    Matchup
    Game mode

Thank you!

Iphone 11
    Infamous Iron Man vs Elektra
    Monthly Event Quest Chapter 1 Quest 2
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 678 ★★★★
    noticed this the other day. don't remember the matchup but it was EQ. iphone XS max.
  • Options
    MofuggerMofugger Posts: 81
    This has happened to me a few times (greater than 3 less than 10) in this month's EQ. It always seemed to coincide with a force quit. As in, after the game closed unexpectedly (for...whatever reason) I'd go back in and do the fight. Then I'd need to redo the fight to actually advance on the path.
  • Options
    Grub88Grub88 Posts: 268 ★★
    Iphone SE
    I had abs man vs knull in side quest and I used potions that then vanished after the fight, reported this to support and they pretty much said tough luck so next time I captured it for evidence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbKJ7KnRX3o

For some thing support is great but it is so annoying when they just fob you off with things like this!!
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,198 ★★★★
    Happened to me during my act 8.4 run {sometime in last week before I took a break from game}

I think it was the maw of 8.4.5??
    Died with Herc against him
    Got back in with Doom
    Messed up
    Used the forced quit to get a retry

My herc was at 50% but Doom was back at 100% with Maw still missing the lost health
  • Options
    edited May 23
    To be specific, my instances didn’t occur in connection with a force quit—they were simply while playing the game and surprised to come back post fight and find (a) my champ not KO’d or (b) my opponent not KO’d.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Grub88Grub88 Posts: 268 ★★
    I believe it is happening when you have had the app minimised on you phone and then come back into the game, its like it have lost connection with the server but the re-connection button isn't appearing. Now I'm thinking about it I haven't seen the reconnect button in a while
  • Options
    When I think harder about it, mine have come during interruption—a flurry of texts or a phone call. One just occurred without anything, though—so maybe that’s not it.

Dr. Zola