Does anyone else notice AI is more passive whilst rooted now?

TP33TP33 Member Posts: 1,676 ★★★★★
I’ve recently been playing around a lot more with Zemo, mainly on my mini account, and defenders have definitely been far more passive whilst rooted, holding block mainly. Now i hadn’t been playing any other root characters so thought it was just a Zemo thing, but now playing through some nodes such as root or be rooted the AI seems more likely now to hold block than to throw a heavy.

It really throws off zemos loop and changes the cadence of the fight completely, makes him a much less safe and potent attacker, i thought the whole point of root was that the AI does nothing but throw heavies, but I guess we can’t have nice things any more.

Comments

• PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,069 ★★★★★
    For me it's throwing heavy like crazy, which is normal
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 486 ★★★
    Not now. Since the change that happened back when root was changed . You can wait a little for it to throw heavy though
  • MaskedLegendMaskedLegend Member Posts: 99
    In the beta server he was almost unplayable. I do have a few recordings. Awhile ago if you light whiffed the ai would just idle and walk up to you and would wait to parry one of your attacks. The same thing was happening but instead of light whiffing it was because of root. Had to get all my openings with standup intercepts. Haven't tested it on the main servers yet but i do hope kabam doesn't implement the same ai.
  • OurobørosOurobøros Member Posts: 1,536 ★★★★
    They used to instantly throw heavies, now they block much more it seems, for me alt least
  • WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Member Posts: 965 ★★★
    Experiencing an AI that avoids you like the plague on a Bane node and a steroid juiced AI when it's flying across the scene like superman or hyperion.
    THe AI has been steroid juiced despite what kasham been shoving.

• startropicsstartropics Member Posts: 751 ★★★★
    TP33 said:

the AI seems more likely now to hold block than to throw a heavy.

yes! noticed it in the last week or two. they just hold block and waste the root timer.
  • Perfect_jabPerfect_jab Member Posts: 86
    Yea , these things have completely ruined the game for me. AI with super reaction time. They get a bar of power an you have to just sit there an not move! Dash back they instantly fire the special an catch you mid dash, or move towards them an get intercepted with it. An if they are unblockable then dont dare throw a full combo!! They recover so fast you either take a combo or get blasted with the special trying to move back after you attack. I can go on an on!! Throwing a light attack when they are not even close enough to hit you, but somehow just shoot over an hit you! Evading an dex timing is so off its ridiculous. Cant remember the last time i played an actually enjoyed myself. 5 mins an im done.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,354 ★★★★★
    TP33 said:

I’ve recently been playing around a lot more with Zemo, mainly on my mini account, and defenders have definitely been far more passive whilst rooted, holding block mainly. Now i hadn’t been playing any other root characters so thought it was just a Zemo thing, but now playing through some nodes such as root or be rooted the AI seems more likely now to hold block than to throw a heavy.

It really throws off zemos loop and changes the cadence of the fight completely, makes him a much less safe and potent attacker, i thought the whole point of root was that the AI does nothing but throw heavies, but I guess we can’t have nice things any more.

I have a video from the beta where a torch would not throw a heavy until his root was over. He did this multiple times in the same fight. It's bugged (the AI response to being rooted).
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,354 ★★★★★
    edited June 3
    This happened at least 4 times before I decided to start recording. AI instantly blocked when rooted when before, dashing in would catch them open as they would be trying to heavy as soon as they were rooted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd9wddtJ9i8

I was allowing zemo to get hit to initiate root to try and replicate the AI behaviour at this point.
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★
    definitely a silent Zemo nerf ;) ... but seriously ... it absolutely takes away a lot of his strength especially when trying to go root to SP2 to stack bleeds ... they sit there and hold block so the root is now wasted 90% of the time for me. in critical situations you need this stuff to work as intended but it doesn't.

taking Zemo into a fight now where you're going to depend on root is now a toss up. you don't know how that fight will go and so you can't safely pick Zemo in BGs, War etc. because you just never know.
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,057 ★★★★
    edited June 3
    I remember that they changed root after zemo was released because it was so powerful and of course with his zemo lock but that also affected Kraven so they had to give rank down tickets for kraven
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,057 ★★★★★
    Zemo is definitely a victim of yet another nerf due to these AI changes
  • SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Member Posts: 1,314 ★★★★★
    Deacon said:

definitely a silent Zemo nerf ;) ... but seriously ... it absolutely takes away a lot of his strength especially when trying to go root to SP2 to stack bleeds ... they sit there and hold block so the root is now wasted 90% of the time for me. in critical situations you need this stuff to work as intended but it doesn't.

taking Zemo into a fight now where you're going to depend on root is now a toss up. you don't know how that fight will go and so you can't safely pick Zemo in BGs, War etc. because you just never know.

Yes, 100%. I made threads about this and got no response, the AI change for root is terrible for Zemo and now you have to pray they won’t block when you sp2 them. In the past they used to let go of block after the first hit, which still sucked for your power meter but it was manageable…
  • GogiGogi Member Posts: 473 ★★★
    Not for me, AI spams heavies constantly.
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Member Posts: 3,550 ★★★★★
    It mostly happened to me in beta where the opponent just won't throw heavies while rooted and would block all day. In main game it happens less but it does happen