**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Is toad good?

MasterAMasterA Posts: 532 ★★★
Just pulled a toad and he looks alright but wanted to ask if he is actually good

Comments

• Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,714 ★★★★★
    He is pretty useful but I see no reason to rank him up over other powerful mutants.
  • Options
    Kingering_KingKingering_King Posts: 548 ★★
    🤔🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Posts: 298 ★★
    He's the best skill killer in the game imo. He's a generally really solid champion but his damage goes up by literally 10 fold against skill champs
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,542 ★★★★★
    I have him a rank 5 and he puts in work
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 3,083 ★★★★
    He’s a great champion and one of the best Nick Fury counters
  • Options
    OrtounOrtoun Posts: 624 ★★★
    I like him a lot, is a good counter for the likes of Nick Fury, Kingpin, Zemo, etc. He is relatively sustainable as you can regen off of the sp1, not like diablo levels, but enough for chip damage. He is really good as a horseman as the auto purify on his poisons means you go unblockable a lot so you can make openings against even very passive opponents. Bishop and Storm are better overall, but I would put him pretty close behind them.
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,757 ★★★
    Imo he is one of the best mutants in the game. I have him r5 ascended he is a GOD
  • Options
    Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 582 ★★★
    No sir, you did not pull a toad, you pulled the goat! I used toad a ton last AW tactic and fell in love with him. He’s a staple in BG for me. Good defender and handles a lot of annoying skill champs.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,199 ★★★★★
    I have him R5 ascended. Incredible two way champ, absolute staple of my BGs deck and depending on meta a war must have. Genuine banger.

Also super easy play style. Just throw a few sp1s to ramp prowess and then drop the sp2 when you think you’ll close out the fight.
  • Options
    OrtounOrtoun Posts: 624 ★★★
    He is also one of a very small number of champs that can't have their regen rate modified, so was nice on Sq last month on the heal or hide/heal reversal path. The only other champ I can think off off the top of my head that can also do that is Kingpin.
  • Options
    EgyptOverseerEgyptOverseer Posts: 291
    Was useful in the last AW tactic. Have him R4 ascended and decided not to take him to R5 because I barely use him. His regen is very low because it's based on the combo meter of the opponent. I use him mainly only on BGs and monthly quest on the mutant chapter. I also use him for the synergy with Scorpion that gives Scorpion a slow on heavies.
  • Options
    CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Posts: 850 ★★★

Killer of nick fury, kingpin, mole man, attuma, zemo and many of skill who use purify or cleanse. Man he really underated for x magica attackers and bg
  • Options
    NüΚΞNüΚΞ Posts: 167 ★★
    He was my first r5a. Still love him though mutant class is growing atm. All those 7* slap. I can see him coming out as a 7*
  • Options
    ChrisPowellChrisPowell Posts: 129
    He's really good against the skill purifiers and the best nick fury counter imo. He's a bit slow in matches that he doesn't counter but with the heal you'll at least finish with high health. Plus he does well on defense in battlegrounds as long as they don't have one of his direct counters.

So I give him high marks. Not a top defender or attacker but pretty decent. And if it's a good match up he's great.
  • Options
    Yuvraj_267Yuvraj_267 Posts: 315
    He is best champion for current BG season
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,871 ★★★★★
    Hell yeah. I had mine at r2 for a while before I tried him on a few fights then decided to r5 him. I needed another champ besides AA who could inflict poisons, but on bleed immune defenders. He's been a beast ever since. Spam a few Sp 1's then drop the Sp 2!
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,219 ★★★★★
    I hate last pick toadders in BG
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,580 ★★★★★

Killer of nick fury, kingpin, mole man, attuma, zemo and many of skill who use purify or cleanse. Man he really underated for x magica attackers and bg

He is, but actually because his Paralytic Poison has it's own built-in Purify, he doesn't just punish shrug-off skill champs: he kills pretty much all Skill champs the same.