Whiffing attacks in Battlegrounds πŸ˜‘ It's not even the Striker this time lol

TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,684 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
edited June 10 in General Discussion

Let me start by saying, I'm going to try to paint this picture the best way that I can.

So during this fight, I was doing a 5 hit combo, to build to my Sp 2. My attacker had a good bit of prowess buffs, and NF Decoy was on it's last fraction of health before it switched to the real NF.

As I was doing this combo, my 4th hit whiffed,--yup THAT HAPPENED. It wasn't a dropped input this time...it WHIFFED while my champ was still moving towards the defender. It's like Toad's arms and legs shrunk or something while doing this one hit. The momentum led to my 5th hit, one that Fury immediatley blocked, which led to my attacker being parried and stunned. He went to his 2nd life, then threw his Sp 2 while my champ was still stunned. And we see what happened next lol.

If my 4th hit had not whiffed, I would have finished that combo and threw my special 2. That would have taken all of Fury's second life. But the "tricky," AI made sure that wasn't going to happen.

I know we've had some issues with BG AI, but this one just blew my mind πŸ˜‚ Did I do something wrong??

Does this even make sense to anybody?

Has this specific situation happened to anybody else?

Comments

• Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,690 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I've had mid combo attacks whiffing, heavies, specials, it's bad lately, really bad. Pairing that with the ongoing AI and Input issues I'm actually barely even playing the game RN, AQ and whenever the spring thing resets I'll give that a go, but EQ and SQ hard pass currently
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,684 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    GrO_ot78 said:

My first, and only, draw in BG. I don't think any of us understood what was happening. I had 0 control of my champ and my opponent probably had the same problem. All we could do was spam Loki 🀭🀣

Lmao what in the world????
  • World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,694 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited June 10
    4th hits whiffing in combos was a problem around 2015-2017 with scarlet witch, daredevil , captain marvel movie and some others. Not sure what’s happening nowadays. Took a handful of months to get fixed back then.

4th hits whiffing in combos was a problem around 2015-2017 with scarlet witch, daredevil , captain marvel movie and some others. Not sure what’s happening nowadays. Took a handful of months to get fixed back then.

Wow. That was before I started playing the game, and here it is happening again. I wasn't even sure if I could explain that right without sounding crazy or like I was just making it up πŸ˜‚

Also, CMM wasn't introduced until 2019.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,411 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    GrO_ot78 said:

My first, and only, draw in BG. I don't think any of us understood what was happening. I had 0 control of my champ and my opponent probably had the same problem. All we could do was spam Loki 🀭🀣

Looks like you both had the same idea at the beginning of the fight..if you know what I mean πŸ˜‰

Wow. That was before I started playing the game, and here it is happening again. I wasn't even sure if I could explain that right without sounding crazy or like I was just making it up πŸ˜‚

Was Mohawk marvel not CMM . My mistake .

Its so long ago that I had to record my vids using a separate device (gameplay on iPad / recorded with iPhone.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/30216/combo-whiffing-video-attached-fix-in-next-update/p1
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,015 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    BGs lag is soooo awful. Again core problems keep getting worse

Was Mohawk marvel not CMM . My mistake .

Its so long ago that I had to record my vids using a separate device (gameplay on iPad / recorded with iPhone.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/30216/combo-whiffing-video-attached-fix-in-next-update/p1
    Good catch! Here we are in 2024 and it's happening again
    BigBlueOx said:

BGs lag is soooo awful. Again core problems keep getting worse

Very.

And it seems like we have an extremely small tap area to work with? I won't say hitbox because according to previous posts, that doesn't apply in this game. But I've been tapping the defender as soon as my champ gets within striking distance to hit them, and a lot of times, they don't. They just stand there wide open. The defender AI though? Immediately counters with a combo.

I wonder if this is a lag issue also?
  • Dab_westDab_west Member Posts: 172 β˜…β˜…
    when nick goes into his second life sometimes ur attacks will whiff, dont know why but it happens
  • Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 387 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    This ^^^

He goes invulnerable / untouchable or something during his conversion from decoy to real dude.
  • MDxMDx Member Posts: 96 β˜…
    Not sure how long this post is gonna stay up πŸ˜€
    I know it sux, but record fights to try and get vid evidence of combo whiffing. Kabam won’t do anything without any vid evidence … and even if you post vid evidence with device info and other details, they will prob just ignore your bug report .
  • VaniteliaVanitelia Member Posts: 437 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Doesn't this happen against IHulk too? When he goes purple, instead of the attack making contact and causing 0 damage, it just doesn't register the hit at all (whiffs). It's happened a few times to the point I slow play when he gets close to immortality.
  • Kingering_KingKingering_King Member Posts: 834 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    This whiffing has cost me over a 1000 units. I have close to 0 skill, so when I was exploring 8.4 and fighting glyhkan, my champ would just whiff.
    edited June 11
    Dab_west said:

when nick goes into his second life sometimes ur attacks will whiff, dont know why but it happens

That's wild. But it happened right before he went to 2nd life. I think he had around 5% health left

I know it sux, but record fights to try and get vid evidence of combo whiffing. Kabam won’t do anything without any vid evidence … and even if you post vid evidence with device info and other details, they will prob just ignore your bug report .

I normally do record fights. The minute I forget, this happens lol.

This whiffing has cost me over a 1000 units. I have close to 0 skill, so when I was exploring 8.4 and fighting glyhkan, my champ would just whiff.

No way OG Storm whiffed in that fight