**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

So...you play Marvel Contest of Champions ,but why?

2»

Comments

• Options
    houndogακιhoundogακι Posts: 170
    Reading marvel comic books from '89 three coloured from the older years (red white black) then full coloured,two stories every comic spiderman and hulk/or whatever else.Great cover page great Stan Lee stories and in the half of every comic book a marvel poster..
    ❤️
  • Options
    OldManHopOldManHop Posts: 251 ★★★
    I'm addicted to filling progress bars.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

I've been a Marvel fan since I was about four watching Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends on Saturday mornings and watching the Incredible Hulk series. I got into reading the X-Men and X-Force comics in the 1990s. After the newsagents in my village stopped getting X-Force (eff knows why, I didn't drop it) and they switched me from the US import X-Men to the Panini Marvel UK version which later got cancelled, I wasn't reading the comics for a couple years. I did watch X-Men, Spider-Man and Marvel Action Hour in the mid 90s until I was too busy with my job. I watched Blade on the opening weekend. I saw X-Men opening weekend. I saw Spider-Man opening weekend. I started reading the Panini reprints of Ultimate Spider-Man and then UXM. Then found out they were leaving stuff out and started buying the trades instead.
    In 2012, I started reading 616* comics as well, before dropping Ultimate after Cataclysm.
    I saw every MCU movie opening weekend from Iron Man to Thor: Ragnarok. Caring for my mum took priority, but I did still see Infinity War, Captain Marvel, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Endgame and the 2nd and 3rd Spidey movies thanks to my sister. Made do with Black Panther on DVD.
    I had a Netflix sub solely for the Marvel shows.

Forty-two years. That's how long I've been a Marvel fan.

MCOC is the only mobile game I've played this long. Tried Strike Force, Avengers Academy, Future Fight, Puzzle Quest and didn't like most of them, got bored of MFF.

Phase 4 wasn’t that good though
    Phase 4 was:

1) hubris
    2) pet projects and playing with house money
    3) mistaking interest in characters for interest in a defined, linear, overarching storyline with compelling stakes and drivers (Don't exist for the sake of existing)
    4) all over the f'n map

Phase 5 has the full attention of Bob Iger so expect everything to have a non-world-building purpose and an emphasis on return on investment. Should be interesting.
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,805 ★★★★★

It’s very odd, but it’s sort of like a family game for me. My father, me, and my sister all play together.

That is awesome
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,632 ★★★
    Thanks everyone that posted a serious comment here, so nice to see how you started to play Mcoc.

The funny ones too, but, they lost the opportunity to say what was their history with the game.
    😊👍

About Mcu Phase 4 it was so ...so
    - They tried to do a new "call" of heroes and villains, with ethnic and diversity representation.... So, they knew it may have not a huge success, but they needed to do that, to pave the way for these "new guys".

- With Deadpool 3, FF4, Thunderbolts and a lot of heroes coming back to Avengers 5, Disney may succeed again with Marvel.

😊👍
  • Options
    DarkNightRiseDarkNightRise Posts: 195
    Where is the option because I’m a fan of Kabam???
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,817 ★★★★
    I'm a Marvel fan myself, so after searching for Marvel games on the app store and coming across this game (along with Future Fight and Strike Force), I decided to give them all a try. I didn't really get the fun of Future Fight, and Strike Force was sort of boring, so this game just stuck, and became by go-to Marvel game
  • Options
    Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Posts: 291 ★★★
    As a sancturu. Escape from a stressfull reality
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,970 ★★★★★

I'm a Marvel fan myself, so after searching for Marvel games on the app store and coming across this game (along with Future Fight and Strike Force), I decided to give them all a try. I didn't really get the fun of Future Fight, and Strike Force was sort of boring, so this game just stuck, and became by go-to Marvel game

Future Fight is maddening. The character acquisition is great compared to contest (pick who you want!) but the levelling/ranking up is horrific. There's about 10 things you need to upgrade and as many different things to upgrade them. And then two months later, you need to buy a new uniform for the buff it gives or the characters gone from above god tier to mid. And the fights are just boring and so is the content. No new quest/event content like MCOC, just the same stuff every day to grind out the poxy rewards for the upgrades and then sporadically, you get Epic Quests to get a certain character and upgrade them with a story attached to it, but which amounts to grinding the usual guff to get the rewards etc. Or, you sporadically get the special battle things for the movies, which are often only loosely based on said movie.
  • Options
    Yuvraj_267Yuvraj_267 Posts: 310

Where is the option " My Friend recommended this one and cuz of that sucker I'm here addicted to fictional characters hitting each other"?

Highly similar to this one but my elder brother (in my relatives) play it and i download it only and only bcoz he play, no one even recommend it. So my option is none of them.
  • Options
    ZsirhcZZsirhcZ Posts: 147
    Started as…

Cool Marvel fighting game in 2016.

Now,

Insane frustration with occasional Dopamine hits when I pull a desired champ.
  • Options
    Greed_ExodusGreed_Exodus Posts: 261 ★★★
    I remember watching Thor Ragnarok in theatres when it first came out and one of the previews had an ad for mcoc, downloaded it after getting clickbaited to think Thor Ragnarok would be cool, sadly he sucked and still does, but I got addicted either way and now here I am consecutively playing this game for going on 7 almost 8 years…
  • Options
    713_o_f1673r713_o_f1673r Posts: 152
    Infamous iron man being in the game keeps me awake at night before getting to play I was like "I want to play as him so bad!"

Became a marvel fan because of the Raimi spidey movies, but also a big fan of the MCU ones including MCU spidey. I tried minis/limited series comics like Infamous iron man and the runaways but I stop at limited series so not much to say about that