**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

How would you change: Super Skrull

EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,803 ★★★★
edited February 27 in General Discussion

Super Skrull has always been an interesting champ to me, he has a lot of utility including but not limited to
  • Incinerate and Shock immunity
  • Undermine (the first champion to have Undermine)
  • Vigilance (counters miss)
  • A falter
  • Armor Ups (counters havok)
  • Incinerate debuffs
But his rotation is kinda hard to pull off. Like you have to do everything perfectly to get his rotation correct (convert Furies into Armor then back to Furies at the correct moment) and to get the Nova fist buff, which lets you deal more damage. And without completing it perfectly (ex: the AI is being a douche), his damage isn't near the top of the cosmic class, and as a result, people don't rank him up on a regular basis. Even with the right rotation his damage isn't really up there

So how would you change this champion? Personally I think that he should work more like Hulkling does with his charges. The reason why Hulkling is far more popular and powerful is that his rotation is much more forgiving and it's more straightforward. Also Super Skrull's furies and armors aren't that potent, so maybe those could use a little tune up? I know there's the aptitude buff from the sp3 but still

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,117 ★★★★
    1. Let him stack multiple cosmic receptor charges instead of just having a maximum of one, which would make him work like Hulkling.
    2. Cosmic overload pauses all active buffs and when it ends removes all except for Armor up and Fury. Right now it removes all of his personal buffs.
    3. Bump of his numbers.
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFq-3bKzwg0&t=329s&ab_channel=BMcG

BMcG uploaded a video of Super Skrull a few days ago
  • Options
    MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Posts: 1,013 ★★★★

Been a day 1 fan of this guy. Absolutely love his damage and unique playstyle. He's also a surprising duel threat in bgs with good stalling.

I feel like his sp3 should give activate nova fists tho. There's really no point of throwing it for some weak aptitude when I could instead deal a few hundred thousand damage in the same amount of time
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,692 ★★★
    Bruv id change his whole kit
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,692 ★★★
    He has one of the trickiest timing kits in the game for like NO PAYOFF
  • Options
    SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 606 ★★★
    edited June 9
    Could be nice a Pre fight ability about his Nova fists, like torch
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,174 ★★★★★
    Literally just make it so he gains the Cosmic Overload bonus effects if he gains right the amount of buffs while it active, instead of needing that amount of buffs before it goes active.

That and bump up potency on his Furies.
  • Options
    Archit_1812Archit_1812 Posts: 85
    I'd say just a damage and incinerate buff.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,069 ★★★★★
    Make him rotation easier to pull consistently.
  • Options

Could be nice a Pre fight ability about his Nova fists, like torch

Maybe if he has Nova fists he inflicts Nova flames instead of incinerates? That way he can take incinerate immune
  • Options
    PT_99 said:

Make him rotation easier to pull consistently.

And how exactly would this look like?
  • Options
    WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Posts: 257 ★★
    Super skrull is my favourite cosmic champion so I've thought about this a lot, and I really don't think it's that hard to make him at the very least more potent.

1. After cosmic overload expires it converts into an aptitude buff that's indefinite and stacks twice. Nothing huge, just to bump his numbers a little.

2. Probably bump the overall potency of his buffs a little, maybe even his pyro fist incinerate too.

3. Have his cosmic overload store any buff effects even after they've been converted. By this I mean that in order to play him optimally you kinda want to convert his furies to armour as soon as overload starts and convert them back right as it ends, so having it so that the effects of his furies get stored when converted into the end of cosmic overload. This would just mean that you've actually got his furies when trying to do damage.

4. Reduce the cooldown of his falter/ possibly make it a manual trigger like a double block tap. This would just mean that you can use it to your advantage more consistently instead of it triggering during a long special when you want to save it for the energy vulnerability. Alternatively you could have it not trigger on parry and for a couple seconds after that so you can control it a little more.

5. Against incinerate immunes his incinerate should be replaced with burst damage or armour breaks.

6. Maybe give his heavy attack an incinerate vulnerability effect.

I play more super skrull than most people would even want to admit, and I genuinely don't think he needs much. His rotation is specific, but with practice it's very easy to essentially keep pyro fists active for 90% of the fight after his first cosmic overload so I think affecting the timings of his abilities would throw things off too much and would require a lot more tweaking to balance out. He's got a very steep learning curve but once you can play him his damage is absolutely bonkers, so I think keeping that as part of his identity is fine as long as they just smooth it out a little more.
  • Options

You clearly haven't played him if you think he's got no pay off. His timings aren't even that hard
  • Options

You clearly haven't played him if you think he's got no pay off. His timings aren't even that hard
    One slight mistake or an uncooperative AI and the rotation doesn't work
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 4,211 ★★★★★
    I like how he is but if hes gonna have powers of f4 he should have bleed immune as thing damage reduction shield like sue but weaker and just numbers from fury to be higher and make the power gain in base kit and give his sig something different like activating the nova fists (i think thats what its called) to get activated easier by just 5 fury so a full combo will trigger it will then boost damage more and just a longer energy resist and turn it into a passive if it gets tenacity or purified
  • Options
    Bendy said:

I like how he is but if hes gonna have powers of f4 he should have bleed immune as thing damage reduction shield like sue but weaker and just numbers from fury to be higher and make the power gain in base kit and give his sig something different like activating the nova fists (i think thats what its called) to get activated easier by just 5 fury so a full combo will trigger it will then boost damage more and just a longer energy resist and turn it into a passive if it gets tenacity or purified

Should of been energy vuln not energy resist
  • Options
    edited June 10
    Bendy said:

Maybe the cosmic overload buff should turn into a 25% aptitude when it expires. Nova fists can activate earlier. SP3 for 75% aptitude
  • Options
    EdisonLaw said:

One slight mistake or an uncooperative AI and the rotation doesn't work
    No more so than other champs that have tight timing. Once you get him going you'll be unblockable most of the time any way so that takes a lot of the strain off
  • Options
    Bendy said:

He has sues invisibility
  • Options

Bendy said:

He has sues invisibility
    He has falter but he should have the actual shield that reduces damage
  • Options
    EdisonLaw said:

Bendy said:

Maybe the cosmic overload buff should turn into a 25% aptitude when it expires. Nova fists can activate earlier. SP3 for 75% aptitude
    This be cool giving aptitude buff be nice to boost
  • Options
    Bendy said:

Bendy said:

He has sues invisibility
    But that doesn't play into his actual rotation.
  • Options

Bendy said:

Bendy said:

He has sues invisibility
    But that doesn't play into his actual rotation.
    And im saying he should have a shield like sues but weaker in his kit not for rotation but for survivability
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,596 ★★★
    Mine is a 6* , still need to upgrade to full R1
    But ,im scarce of gold and with 10+ great champs on the line to upgrade too🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,816 ★★★★
    IMO Super Skrull was one of the most underwhelming champs upon release. His animations and mechanics seem cool on paper, but in-game he's just a champion that lacks the damage and utility to be viable
  • Options

IMO Super Skrull was one of the most underwhelming champs upon release. His animations and mechanics seem cool on paper, but in-game he's just a champion that lacks the damage and utility to be viable

He absolutely doesn't lack damage
  • Options

If you can do his rotation and get the nova fists buff, his damage can be decent, however it’s the actual rotation and tightness with the champ that’s the issue.
  • Options
    EdisonLaw said:

If you can do his rotation and get the nova fists buff, his damage can be decent, however it’s the actual rotation and tightness with the champ that’s the issue.
    His rotation is really not that bad once you get used to the power gain. As long as you focus on getting armour at the start of the fight you can super consistently keep pyro fists up for 90% of the fight even with leeway for janky ai
  • Options
    Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,088 ★★★★
    I would change most of his kit