**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

My thoughts on Arcade so far

EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,802 ★★★★
edited June 7 in General Discussion
Arcade, the newest tech champion added to the contest. He has a lot of debuffs, he has immunities from pre fight ability similar to Scorpion, he’s fun, and is generally very safe to play, with his autoblock, his enhanced armor rating thanks to arcade tokens, etc, which also makes him a very powerful defender. His damage seems ok but there are champs even from this year who have worse damage, so it’s fine. He doesn’t seem like he’s made for BGs attack though, his primary use there is for defense. His animations are top tier though so I’ll praise them for that

However my biggest problem with him is that even with all of this, he still cannot counter many of the big mutant defenders. For ex, Onslaught. His debuffs (bleed, incinerate and shock) will make Onslaught stack a ton of neuroshocks, and he isn’t neuroshock immune. Havok, his debuffs fuel Havok’s plasma and he lacks armor ups to prevent plasma detonations. Iceman, he isn’t coldsnap immune. Bishop, etc. Arcade is however good for Domino because of his first prefight.

Overall I think Arcade is still gonna have a use in mcoc either as a questing champion, a war attacker, a defender, etc. His immunities and pre fights are still useful and his damage is ok.

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 625 ★★★
    Max sig Angela 🧨💥🔥 him and his auto-block 👌
  • Options

I don't understand how he--a HUMAN-- can have so many immunities that other champs don't have but should. I know it's just a game, but just wanted to vocalize that thought.

He must have been eating a ton of organic fruits and veggies, and take his multi-vitamins daily lol

He may have hidden technology inside of himself that makes him immune?
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 367 ★★★
    He'll find a place in the game. I won't be purchasing the bundle. Learned my lesson from Spider Punk (not spending cash on a champ because their animations are top tier). Unless you get backed into a corner, he's not much to worry about. The main cosmic attackers have a good time with him, even with the EQ nodes.
  • Options
    Vanitelia said:

He'll find a place in the game. I won't be purchasing the bundle. Learned my lesson from Spider Punk (not spending cash on a champ because their animations are top tier). Unless you get backed into a corner, he's not much to worry about. The main cosmic attackers have a good time with him, even with the EQ nodes.

I might be getting him because of animations though, and as I said, he seems fun
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 1,120 ★★★★
    edited June 7
    I get that not all characters need / have to be top of their class, counter 3 dozen champs or be game breaking but man I really wish arcade had better damage.

He's so unique with his animations and vibe , sometimes when I look at champs with SUCH COOL DESIGNS , I just wish they were more potent. That's not to say he won't have his uses but champs like this no matter how unique they're they'll slip into obscurity with time for most of the community. And I hate that.

Can you imagine how much thought and effort goes into making a champ so unique to make him stand out in a game that has been going on for nearly 10 years and with 200+ other characters?
    I genuinely feel champs with such unique designs deserve to be appreciated by the community.

• Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,378 ★★★★★
    edited June 7
  • Options

I get that not all characters need / have to be top of their class, counter 3 dozen champs or be game breaking but man I really wish arcade had better damage.

He's so unique with his animations and vibe , sometimes when I look at champs with SUCH COOL DESIGNS , I just wish they were more potent. That's not to say he won't have his uses but champs like this no matter how unique they're they'll slip into obscurity with time for most of the community. And I hate that.

Can you imagine how much thought and effort goes into making a champ so unique to make him stand out in a game that has been going on for nearly 10 years and with 200+ other characters?
    I genuinely feel champs with such unique designs deserve to be appreciated by the community.

His damage is ok
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

Mediocre damage for the amount of ramp needed, nice utility and decent defensive potential, but imo another miss on the damage front. Honestly getting annoyed with most champs this year being kneecapped damage wise.

By this time last year we had champs like Abs, Cassie, FAM, Kate, Adam, and Dani who can all do tons more damage and still remain extremely meta relevant battlegrounds/questing champs. Other than a few champs like Prowler, Dust, and maybe WT, I’m disappointed by the damage output this year

To be fair, their damage is usable at least, they aren’t meme tier
  • Options

Finally got Arcade from the arena
  • Options
    edited June 14

Here are his stats. They are pretty average. Except his great block proficiency which is 73%. Compared to other champions, Kate Bishop has a 70% block proficiency, Dr Doom has 69% and Captain America OG has 76%. 3 percent less. With max parry mastery, you can get perfect parries. Great!
  • Options
    LifeswickedLifeswicked Posts: 145 ★★
    Arcade is trash what a waste of money it was buying him pre release I was hoping for a killer defender but nope he's garbage
  • Options
    edited June 14

Arcade is trash what a waste of money it was buying him pre release I was hoping for a killer defender but nope he's garbage

Nah he's a pretty good defender. You don't want him to throw heavies or use the sp1, rather bait the SP2. Because if he uses either, he places a poison gas cloud, which grants him Arcade tokens even if you're immune, and if he gains a lot of them, he gets an autoblock passive, which the only way to bypass it is to throw a heavy. Also his specials aren't the easiest to avoid. In addition he shuts down true accuracy, true strike and true sense on defense
  • Options
    UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 457 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Nah he's a pretty good defender. You don't want him to throw heavies or use the sp1, rather bait the SP2. Because if he uses either, he places a poison gas cloud, which grants him Arcade tokens even if you're immune, and if he gains a lot of them, he gets an autoblock passive, which the only way to bypass it is to throw a heavy. Also his specials aren't the easiest to avoid. In addition he shuts down true accuracy, true strike and true sense on defense
    Already faced him in bgs only reason I didn’t lose was cause I had hulkling ready to go
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    All I can say so far is in EQ I went in clueless as to how this guy works, didn't read nodes, haven't seen any videos and I got wrecked.
    He actually cost me 2 revives, lol

I haven't spent a revive in EQ in ages.
    Maybe next time I'll give his abilities a read. 😬
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,395 ★★★★★
    edited June 14

All I can say so far is in EQ I went in clueless as to how this guy works, didn't read nodes, haven't seen any videos and I got wrecked.

You don't need to read anything. Just use a champ who depends on parry heavy gameplay style and you'll do just fine.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,175 ★★★★

Yea, I've got an Arcade boss fight in T2 war today that I've got to take. Not sure How I'm going to go about it with Vox, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★

Yea, I've got an Arcade boss fight in T2 war today that I've got to take. Not sure How I'm going to go about it with Vox, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
    I'm so glad I'm not in high tier wars, lol

Good luck!
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,175 ★★★★

I'm so glad I'm not in high tier wars, lol

Good luck!
    Got him down to 2% before my degens expired and he used a sp3 on me. Not too shabby given I'd only practiced against him once in EQ last night and that was without the AW nodes.