**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BG ISSUE**
We are aware of an issue with the seeding for the beginning of the BG season.
We are adding rewards to higher progression brackets to offset the additional grind.
More information here.
**Arcade is being extra tricky with his Murder Box...**
It appears Arcade has been non-cooperative in his approach to this month's side quest and presented his clues in a nonsensical order. Lucky you, Summoners, we have our best and brightest on the case and those clues should now be a lot more straightforward. While messing around in Arcade's files we came across a phrase, highlighted and bolded, with sparkles and pointy arrows: "the abode for the dead" ... Maybe that will help you along the way!
Options

Offering a different perspective for the MODOK raid boss

Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Posts: 358 ★★★
So, like many, I had mixed feelings about the MODOK fight on first glance. However, after trying it a handful of times, it's not as bad as it seems. Once you get into a good rhythm, you can practically ignore the missions (or at least not focus on them as much).

For whiffing attacks, dexing back as he charges in, you should have an opening for a whiff or two. Also, after dexing his SP1, you should have time for all 3 whiffs.

Knocking him down, you can easily create an opening with your Striker, so that's that. Striking his block is easy enough too.

Don't really know how to post it without using YT, but I took a video (not the greatest player though), and even with a mediocre run, I was able to take off 6% using my 7R2 Titania. Good runs, I was able to get 10% easily.

So again, I get the initial reaction to the fight, but once you get into the swing of it, it's not that bad (even if Ultron was easier by several metrics).

Comments

• Options
    N8buckeye08N8buckeye08 Posts: 91
    Is that with all 15 charges built up on those successful runs?
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 876 ★★★
    edited June 15
    Idk. I think im.at least lower upper tier in skill and I struggled with storm to even charge up my Allies. Getting the missions down 30+ times a match wasn't really doable even with the rhythm being down. Chip damage and pierce were real and the missions take awhile to complete. Also idk if I'm just an idiot or what but knocking him down with specials didn't register a knock down.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Not gaining charges is a huge problem.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,974 Guardian
    If you're using the right champion and the right boosts, he is easy. If you use the wrong champions and the wrong boosts, then he is insanely difficult.
  • Options
    DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Posts: 486 ★★★
    Just use og spidey B) (r3 btw)
  • Options
    DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Posts: 486 ★★★
    Damage cap in 2 minutes and only 3 or 4 missions to access your damage
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,363 ★★★★★
    That Fight is a pain.
  • Options
    SeyuohSeyuoh Posts: 57
    No. This fight is a massive PITA. Especially if you’re playing as vanguard.
  • Options
    Asher1_1Asher1_1 Posts: 139
    It's his aggressive ai + auto block + unblockable .
    I can't even do 5% damage only 7 charges using r5 Domino
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,379 ★★★★★

So, like many, I had mixed feelings about the MODOK fight on first glance. However, after trying it a handful of times, it's not as bad as it seems. Once you get into a good rhythm, you can practically ignore the missions (or at least not focus on them as much).

For whiffing attacks, dexing back as he charges in, you should have an opening for a whiff or two. Also, after dexing his SP1, you should have time for all 3 whiffs.

Knocking him down, you can easily create an opening with your Striker, so that's that. Striking his block is easy enough too.

Don't really know how to post it without using YT, but I took a video (not the greatest player though), and even with a mediocre run, I was able to take off 6% using my 7R2 Titania. Good runs, I was able to get 10% easily.

So again, I get the initial reaction to the fight, but once you get into the swing of it, it's not that bad (even if Ultron was easier by several metrics).

I had multiple times gotten wifs in a row you need to build charges for team mate. But I kind like the fight but I I do think the to many. Promt there shouldn’t be there like the hit in to blok 5 time is way to many. Since if you do hit in the block 5 time in one session you done changes that’s to 3. Wifts make it 2. And leave the rest.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,974 Guardian
    Graves_3 said:

Pikolu said:

If you're using the right champion and the right boosts, he is easy. If you use the wrong champions and the wrong boosts, then he is insanely difficult.

Care to elaborate what are the right champions and right boosts? Without that you are just stating what should be obvious to anyone.
    If I knew, I would tell you. All I know is karatemike did well with Hulkbuster and DoT boost, and someone else used Ægon and had a good time.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,377 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Graves_3 said:

Pikolu said:

Care to elaborate what are the right champions and right boosts? Without that you are just stating what should be obvious to anyone.
    If I knew, I would tell you. All I know is karatemike did well with Hulkbuster and DoT boost, and someone else used Ægon and had a good time.
    Aegon users don't had a good time. He is unusable against thanos sayeth missions and is unusable against modok boss. I regret bringing him I can't use him against 2/4 champs.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,484 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

If you use the wrong champions

I understand having champions in the pool being at a disadvantage against some of the fights like Kushala, Storm, Panther etc Vs Ultron last cycle, but they were doable. Adam warlock and titania are also ones at a disadvantage this time in they spend a lot of the time waiting out unblockables for prompts. But they added aegonto that pool who can't physically do the fight. It's impossible.

Difficult is fine, disadvantage is fine,
    Impossible, not so much.
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 1,144 ★★★★
    Having champion specific raid bosses that completely fuckk over a lot of champions is bad game design. The boss should be a fight that’s tough but fair like Ultron, not bugged Modok who can instantly retaliate against double mediums into his block.
  • Options
    While I agree the fights poorly designed, heavily disadvantaging anyone with unblockable, double mediums, certain global boosts etc, there's still no need for cursing.
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 1,144 ★★★★

While I agree the fights poorly designed, heavily disadvantaging anyone with unblockable, double mediums, certain global boosts etc, there's still no need for cursing.

Are we 10?
  • Options

Are we 10?
    Considering a chunk of the forum may be children, you can enjoy yourself getting banned I suppose.