**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Battleground

BizaaroBizaaro Posts: 335 ★★
What is the purpose of battleground....we paragon players are getting valiant account to beat..and progress ...where as a valiant player it's lot easier to beat paragon players blindly....
Adding compensation is a nice thing what if players are not allowed to reach that is not...
In bg paragon players should face paragon players...otherwise it's wastage of energy and time

Comments

• Options
    Man..it causing lot of mental stress to play this game...feels like a job which we are shortlisted to throw out
  • Options
    One thing I'm happy that they are giv
    obsidiman said:

Two questions @Bizaaro...

1) Who do you want to be matched against?
    2) What happens if you lose to your preferred match ups?

Tell us you feel you should never lose a match without telling us you feel you should never lose a match...

I)I want matchup against my own difficulty
    2)I would rather accept that defeat..don't come here to write my emotions

Batlle ground was fun untill last season...but putting compensation at the very end..is heartbreaking one...what is use if u can't climb the victory track..I know it's a game...but I spend a lot of time in game...it causing very painful to lose before a gaint account which I can't touch..
  • Options
    obsidiman said:

Please enlighten me as to where exactly I wrote your emotions. Kind of seems like you've laid out your emotions.

How are you going to get better only matching against your own "difficulty"? And again... how will it not be, as you say, heartbreaking, if you possibly go 1-9 in 10 matches against your own "difficulty"?

You don't think it's right that you lose matches. Just say that.

Bro I literally mean I will not come here to write my emotions...never wrote anything regarding you
  • Options
    They should allow people to climb victory track ... especially when they are giving out compensation....matches above should be difficult..so people can get enough reward and they never will complaint
  • Options
    obsidiman said:

Please enlighten me as to where exactly I wrote your emotions. Kind of seems like you've laid out your emotions.

How are you going to get better only matching against your own "difficulty"? And again... how will it not be, as you say, heartbreaking, if you possibly go 1-9 in 10 matches against your own "difficulty"?

Don't misunderstand me bro...
  • Options
    Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 540 ★★★
    Bizaaro said:

What is the purpose of battleground....we paragon players are getting valiant account to beat..and progress ...where as a valiant player it's lot easier to beat paragon players blindly....
    Adding compensation is a nice thing what if players are not allowed to reach that is not...
    In bg paragon players should face paragon players...otherwise it's wastage of energy and time

You will undoubtedly face Valiant players at possibly any point of the season, depending on how they prioritize Battlegrounds with the other game modes.
    But there was an error with seeding and it’s not a good representation of what you will face in future ones.
    It is possible that you can reach the compensation milestones eventually, but the best bet is to wait it out for a stretch and wait for the field to clear.
    That, or simply try to clear the 48 hour objectives and try not to take it too seriously right now.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,480 ★★★★★
    Bizaaro said:

They should allow people to climb victory track ... especially when they are giving out compensation....matches above should be difficult..so people can get enough reward and they never will complaint

Except the compensation is for people who were in GC previously and got pushed down all the way to Gold 5....It's really not compensation for everyone although everyone can have access to it...
    Matter of fact it doesnt even feel like compensation, more like a shady used car salesman saying "How about I throw in a set of snow tires, during the summer"
  • Options
    Skyfaw said:

Bizaaro said:

obsidiman said:

Tell us you feel you should never lose a match without telling us you feel you should never lose a match...

Batlle ground was fun untill last season...but putting compensation at the very end..is heartbreaking one...what is use if u can't climb the victory track..I know it's a game...but I spend a lot of time in game...it causing very painful to lose before a gaint account which I can't touch..
    So you want smaller accounts to have the easier path to get the same rewards as Valiant? Make it make sense.
    Skyfaw said:

Bizaaro said:

obsidiman said:

So you want smaller accounts to have the easier path to get the same rewards as Valiant? Make it make sense.
    No..I want compensation for those who play this game..
  • Options
    obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 831 ★★★
    Bizaaro said:

obsidiman said:

Bro I literally mean I will not come here to write my emotions...never wrote anything regarding you
    Wait... what are these then?
    Bizaaro said:

obsidiman said:

Seems like an emotional sentiment to me.

You want to play easier accounts so that your chances of losing are minimized. It's as plain and as simple as that. That's not how competition, and in this case a competitive game mode, work. You're making it sound like this compensation is giving unfair advantages to some.

Bottom line... figure out a more strategic deck, draft better champs for attack and defense, develop your skills in BGs. As a paragon you're going to match with the next higher progression level. Just like TB will match with paragon and Cav will match with TB. It's not going to be set up so you win 9 of 10 matches consistently. Take your losses when they happen and learn from them. I'm a paragon and I do it every season when I look at an opponent that is bigger than my account.

(To be read in a condescending tone)... You picking up what I'm putting down... bro?
  • Options

Bizaaro said:

Except the compensation is for people who were in GC previously and got pushed down all the way to Gold 5....It's really not compensation for everyone although everyone can have access to it...
    Matter of fact it doesnt even feel like compensation, more like a shady used car salesman saying "How about I throw in a set of snow tires, during the summer"
    Good example...so only valiant players should play battleground
  • Options
    wrekon1ze187wrekon1ze187 Posts: 16
    edited June 21
    Agreed Bizaaro. It's becoming a game of who has the bigger checkbook. I love playing Battlegrounds but even as a new Valiant player I am getting my roster outmatched every game, especially this season.

For example in Call of Duty Ranked Play everyone is on an even playing field and has access to the same weapons etc. Imagine if you paid more for your COD account and your weapons do 50x more damage than FTP accounts...who would want to play!?

I hope Kabam finds a way to even the playing field and not having battlegrounds come down to who paid more on their account. I think the only way it would be possible is to players with more access to champions and ranked 5 6* and rank 2/3 7* or reduce the Battlegrounds roster size so atleast roster wise people are not getting outmatched from the start and then it comes down to skill. I think what they did at Battle Realm Brawl was great where the players were on an even playing field.
    I do also have to applaud Kabam for the steps they have taken recently to open up access to bridge the gap but I do think it will take sometime.

While I do think PAY TO PLAY players should have more opportunities, the disparity should be so large in a ranked mode.
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 717 ★★★★
    Bizaaro said:

Bizaaro said:

While it is much easier as a Valiant player, when I was a Paragon constantly facing Valiants who had the latest and greatest, I still managed to get to the GC.

I know it's frustrating, but use it as an opportunity to learn. Watch how the best draft, and learn how to use champs to their best potential. Also focus on becoming a Valiant. Act 8 isn't too difficult, and there are lots of great guides out now.

You have to play your own game. Not everyone is meant to make it to the GC. Improve your roster and skills, and set a benchmark for yourself each season until you can get there
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,367 ★★★★
    It’s a competitive game mode. If we all have even matchups roster wise then that means everyone who worked or spent to get a large account would be at a disadvantage as they can only match against other massive accounts, making progress extremely difficult for them. Meanwhile any random skilled cav can beat up on a bunch of other cavs and make it straight to gc, never having to face real competition but getting top tier rewards.

Roster based matchmaking means the disadvantage gets put on those who spend or grind to better their accounts, and the casual player who puts less effort into their account gets the advantage. How would that be fair?
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,480 ★★★★★
    Bizaaro said:

Bizaaro said:

If you feel that way you should do content instead.of worrying so much about a side mode of the game.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,438 ★★★★★
    Bizaaro said:

Man..it causing lot of mental stress to play this game...feels like a job which we are shortlisted to throw out

Just like in life, if you don't like the job, you can quit.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,438 ★★★★★

Agreed Bizaaro. It's becoming a game of who has the bigger checkbook. I love playing Battlegrounds but even as a new Valiant player I am getting my roster outmatched every game, especially this season.

For example in Call of Duty Ranked Play everyone is on an even playing field and has access to the same weapons etc. Imagine if you paid more for your COD account and your weapons do 50x more damage than FTP accounts...who would want to play!?

I hope Kabam finds a way to even the playing field and not having battlegrounds come down to who paid more on their account. I think the only way it would be possible is to players with more access to champions and ranked 5 6* and rank 2/3 7* or reduce the Battlegrounds roster size so atleast roster wise people are not getting outmatched from the start and then it comes down to skill. I think what they did at Battle Realm Brawl was great where the players were on an even playing field.
    I do also have to applaud Kabam for the steps they have taken recently to open up access to bridge the gap but I do think it will take sometime.

While I do think PAY TO PLAY players should have more opportunities, the disparity should be so large in a ranked mode.

Name one thing in this game you don't have access to as F2P vs P2P.
  • Options
    wrekon1ze187wrekon1ze187 Posts: 16

Name one thing in this game you don't have access to as F2P vs P2P.
    Ummm early access bundles, way more Titan and 7* crystals, rank up resources...July 4th and Banquet deals which 2 years ago broke the game..do you want to take a look at USAFA's account and then compare it to a FTP Valiant player lol.

• Options
    FeydRauthaFeydRautha Posts: 24
    Battlegrounds is a test of skill, roster and strategy and the fact that some players think they shouldn't be matched with higher valiant players or GC should be a given to them is very funny to me. If you're facing tough opponents and can't seem to progress further then it means you have hit your ceiling. If you want to progress further then you need to become stronger, there is no other way around it. I am a Valiant player with a very good roster and I haven't paid a dime for it. I will be happy to crush any player that has a weaker roster than me unless they best me with skill and strategy. And I won't complain if a mega whale account crushes me, they put a sizable amount of resources to be at that level just as I put all the time and grind to be at mine.
  • Options
    LokxLokx Posts: 643 ★★★
    I’m valiant and i’ve come across parago

Battlegrounds is a test of skill, roster and strategy and the fact that some players think they shouldn't be matched with higher valiant players or GC should be a given to them is very funny to me. If you're facing tough opponents and can't seem to progress further then it means you have hit your ceiling. If you want to progress further then you need to become stronger, there is no other way around it. I am a Valiant player with a very good roster and I haven't paid a dime for it. I will be happy to crush any player that has a weaker roster than me unless they best me with skill and strategy. And I won't complain if a mega whale account crushes me, they put a sizable amount of resources to be at that level just as I put all the time and grind to be at mine.

I typically agree. But the system was that after plat it was more of a free for all and before that you at least had people within the same range. I think battleground is great for low tier players to rack up some battleground tokens to use in store and build their roster + milestone rewards. They were never intended to reach gladiator circuit but as the per the current issue. Some are struggling to get out of bronze. Obviously the idea would be to wait it out, but the issue with this season is the magnetron crystals. You could argue it needs to be earned but it's obvious based on the live stream that kabam considered one win a day easy and accessible to everyone. But it's demotivating and just stressful for those lower accounts who even with skills can not overcome the giant difference in roster.
  • Options
    11993451199345 Posts: 488 ★★★
    Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail...
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,156 ★★★★★
    1199345 said:

Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail...

THIS.

if you don't hear me complain .. no one has the right lol ... I face nothing but 8+ R3 7 star accounts ... gotta just take it all in stride. i've never had the account advantage.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,131 ★★★★★
    What was your rank last season? Surely if it wasn't Vibranium 1 then why are you stressing about climbing this time?
  • Options
    Stupid matchmaking