coolest mechanics/ abilities that champions pioneered!

2»

Comments

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,091 ★★★★★
    There are champs like ibom anr mr sinister who self inflict dot debuffs. Who was the first champion to do this?
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,900 ★★★★★
    edited June 22

There are champs like ibom anr mr sinister who self inflict dot debuffs. Who was the first champion to do this?

Now sinsiter does but back pre buff he didnt inflic debuffs on self so id say ibom as i dont recall any others placing debuffs on them selfs
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 773 ★★★
    Future antman being able to use a light combo ender to use a lower special.
  • phil56201phil56201 Member Posts: 986 ★★★

phil56201 said:

As far as I remember, and correct me if I'm wrong on any of these:

Void was the first to inflict petrify as a heal reversing debuff.

Gambit was the first champion with prowess and concussion debuffs. Quake was the second w/concussion the month after Gambit was released.

Post buffed She Hulk and Spider Gwen were the first to inflict slow.

Pre buff gambit had prowess? If no then I think emma is the first prowess champ (might be wrong).

To add this, Luke cage pree buff was the first champ to inflict exhaustion.
    Yeah he had it, but it was a blue icon. The call out was still purple, oddly enough...

• Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,327 ★★★★★
    Surprised nobody’s said it yet, but Mojo’s style of buff control by duration reduction. Other champs have taken inspiration from it, but none do it quite as well. It’s a unique piece of utility that has proven to be evergreen.
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,237 ★★★★

Photon introduced the concept of champs being able to completely shut down basic masteries like dexterity and Will power.

If you wanna be really really accurate about it you can say heimdall's sp2 also shuts down Dex but it's easy to avoid unlike photon

Void could shut down dexterity. So could domino. It's not a novel concept at all
    There's a crucial difference, void needed to get his slows up and domino shuts down Dex only when she's lowering ability accuracy.

Photon shuts down Willpower AT BASE, You enter the fight and it's gone, there's nothing you can do to prevent it.
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,900 ★★★★★

Photon introduced the concept of champs being able to completely shut down basic masteries like dexterity and Will power.

If you wanna be really really accurate about it you can say heimdall's sp2 also shuts down Dex but it's easy to avoid unlike photon

Void could shut down dexterity. So could domino. It's not a novel concept at all
    There's a crucial difference, void needed to get his slows up and domino shuts down Dex only when she's lowering ability accuracy.

Photon shuts down Willpower AT BASE, You enter the fight and it's gone, there's nothing you can do to prevent it.
    Domino shuts dex down when ur unlucky if u aint unlucky u can always dex
  • Shock29Shock29 Member Posts: 571 ★★★

Jabari Panther also shut down the Dexterity Mastery entirely when she entered the Hunt.