**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

More Cap Salutes

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,758 ★★★★★
Personal preference, but I genuinely like the Cap Salute emote for BGs.

Typically, I drop it at the end of a match, especially one that was close and regardless of whether I win or lose. I often find I’m not alone here—many other veteran players do the same, and for me it works as a kind of respectful acknowledgment (something many of the other emotes seem to lack).

Make more like these—think: a BP Wakandan salute, or a Spidey thumbs up, or Nick giving you a fist pump, Cyke flashing a wave and a big grin.

Dr. Zola

Comments

• Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,853 ★★★★★
    Yeah, I use the cap salute a bit for a good match, long shot for a "sucked in stooge" if I win something I shouldn't have and a good old Loki for when I screw up bad and score 4 digit points.
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,392 ★★★★
    Honestly bring this emote back for a season, it’s the only way to say GG. I’m missing it because I was cav when it was available in gc, and now whenever someone salutes me I feel bad that I can salute back, it feels like a necessary part of bgs communication lol
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,529 ★★★★★

Honestly bring this emote back for a season, it’s the only way to say GG. I’m missing it because I was cav when it was available in gc, and now whenever someone salutes me I feel bad that I can salute back, it feels like a necessary part of bgs communication lol

Yeah makes you feel smug or salty.. kinda sucks.. only reason I put it next to Deadpool "bunny ears" and Loki emote...
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,725 ★★★★

I use the cap pointing one as the next best thing.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,955 ★★★★★

That's the one I use as well.
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,392 ★★★★
    edited June 27

Yeah I have that one for if someone salutes to me first but otherwise I don’t use it cuz I don’t want it to be taken the wrong way. If someone salutes at me first I just assume they understand what I mean. What’s funny though is when someone does the cap pointing emote at me at the end of a match and I immediately understand it and get to return the emote. It’s rare but is genuinely fun when it happens.
  • Options

Yeah I have that one for if someone salutes to me first but otherwise I don’t use it cuz I don’t want it to be taken the wrong way. If someone salutes at me first I just assume they understand what I mean. What’s funny though is when someone does the cap pointing emote at me at the end of a match and I immediately understand it and get to return the emote. It’s rare but is genuinely fun when it happens.
    I always use it as a "nice one!" type message and it seems to be taken that way by most people who reply - usually with the same one, alternatives are cap salute or the Longshot finger guns
  • Options
    BanannaPandaBanannaPanda Posts: 106
    Steve wave at the start
    Long shot finger guns if I win
    Kitty pryde coffee if I lose
    Cap salute on 3rd match whether I win or lose
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,758 ★★★★★
    Thx @Pikolu Lots of good ideas here—it’s nice to be able to throw a little sportsmanship into what can be a tense game mode.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,199 ★★★★★
    I like using the Beast pondering emote during the champ selection screens, then Cap Salute at the end for Good Game win or lose
  • Options
    Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 890 ★★★
    It's the only one I'll use and/or respond to. Everything else is just toxic
  • Options

The worst is when the opponent is quiet and then if they win they spam the Loki emote. That is the most loser way to win.

Ugh yeah, I can't stand the Loki one, so obnoxious.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,955 ★★★★★
    Please give us an Odin one.
    Maybe a Venom one too. 😎
  • Options
    tznyctznyc Posts: 6
    Separate but related - I think a setting to permanently mute all BG opponents would be a useful feature for many to have available to them. Thinking further, perhaps also an option to only have it enabled for friendlies could make this a good all around QoL feature.
  • Options
    Vito ScalettaVito Scaletta Posts: 392 ★★★★
    I would pay a thousand units for that Cap emote to come back. I feel real bad when my opponent cap salutes me, but I don’t have the cap one to salute him back.
  • Options
    Mqc19Mqc19 Posts: 372 ★★★
    Mute 100% of the time. Bgs take too long as it is.
  • Options
    DiscoNnectKingDiscoNnectKing Posts: 440 ★★
    Agree👍😉