**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

July 4th deal lamentation thread

jdschwjdschw Posts: 247 ★★
Sigh.

This isn't a thread complaining about the deals themselves. I don't like complaining. Kabam can put out whatever offers it wants, and we are free to purchase them or ignore them at our own discretion.

This is a thread lamenting what we got for our units. This is a thread for buyer's remorse, or just to curse our own luck.

I bought the T1->T2->T3 offers (valiant level).

* For T1, I bought option B, and in retrospect, I wish I'd bought option C. I wanted the extra shards and basic rankup resources because I'm usually running low, but the T6cc's are so hard to get.
* For T2, I bought option B for the 1-2 7* rank up gem, but I made the mistake of getting my hopes up for the 5x paragon nexus crystals. I literally did not even pull an option for a 6* champ out of my 15 chances (let alone an actually useful 7* one). This was really the most disappointing part of the whole experience. I really hate these RNG crystals, and I should know never to get my hopes up. I don't think I've literally ever pulled a 7* from any crystal other than guaranteed 7* ones.
* For T3, I corrected my mistake in T1 by buying option B for the big influx of T6cc (as well as the 2 7* crystals). My one bright spot of the whole experience is that I got 7* Shuri from one of those gems! I'm very happy about that pull. The other one gave me OG antman. Shrug.

Bottom line: for my ~12k units, I got the 7* Shuri that I wanted, and a handful of rankup mats. Again, I really can't complain. I didn't have to spend $ for these units - just been saving them up. But I feel like a kid on Christmas morning who's coming down from the gift-opening frenzy, and looking around, and saying "this is it?"

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,476 ★★★★★
    edited June 28
    I got dupes on maw and wiccan. Pulled new riri and mysterio. No complaining from anyone else.
  • Options
    OldManHopOldManHop Posts: 274 ★★★
    Spent 750 units (Paragon) getting 100 T2 dust (and 1k 7* shards) just to round out another ascension because I'm impatient.

I'm not disappointed, I'm just not excited.
  • Options
    SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 613 ★★★
    Well, spent 12k units, to get champs in the basic pool from the arcade Crystals, really happy about that Kabam lol
  • Options
    Super_Cretu90Super_Cretu90 Posts: 62
    edited June 29
    I've spend 16.000 units + $190. Hahahaha!
    Received Thing ,whom i'm not happy with and never will, because i will never be a fan of this character, plus Ironheart (which i really like a lot), from two Titan crystals.
    A 7* Venom from 19 Paragon Nexus crystals, awakened Gamora and Attuma (both for the second time), Overseer, Shocker, Emma Frost.
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 862 ★★★
    jdschw said:

But I feel like a kid on Christmas morning who's coming down from the gift-opening frenzy, and looking around, and saying "this is it?"

this hits hard

• Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,993 ★★★★★

I have 76 units, so I didn't get anything 😭

Did you login to claim Mr Sinister?
  • Options
    Super_Cretu90Super_Cretu90 Posts: 62
    Pandingo said:

Luke Cage and Thing. I got luke cage....and thing....

Luke Cage is quite good after the buff, even unawakened.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 3,075 ★★★★
    I wanted to spend, but I knew my parents wouldn't let me, so I haven't so far
  • Options
    ZolobacsiZolobacsi Posts: 112 ★★
    Pretty much why I'm skipping this one. After the last 8-10 opening where I pulled and duped champs nobody would ever get excited about Titan and common 7* crystals are not thrilling, like duping Morbius from the titan, then again as soon as he got into the basic is straight forward annoying. Rank up materials are not bad, but I can live without them. Personally for me spending that much for disappointment is not worth it. I guess the 7* weaponx will motivate many, but I'm fine without him too.
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,600 ★★★★
    For me (Valiant player) it’s an easy decision to roll over my 20k+ units to November and if that fails the Xmas Banquet event.
  • Options
    AvnishAvnish Posts: 394 ★★★
    I can understand bro..I had the same feeling after Omega day event. I spend 12k units and I got Omega sentinel, moleman from 2 7* and Omega red from valient crystal and I got other useful stuff. I was cursing myself to spend unit in Omega instead of 4th july Summer sale.

But you know what after seeing this post. I am kinda happy 😁😁 that I atleast got 3 7* and 1 1-2 rankup gem and other useful stuff. I didn't get corvus that's a sad part but I like Omega sentinel and moleman too..I just don't like Omega red as he is totally dependent on his sig level.

I also saw others opening too. Offcourse they got couple of R3 champion from cash offers but they didn't get that much from crystal opening and got the trophy champion weapon x. TBH i don't have weapon x and also I have 0 regret.

I am FTP valient having 4 7* R3, 18 7* R2 and 20 6* R5 ascended. I am quite happy with my account and progress. I can even compete with these whales in battleground and defeat them in most of the ups.
  • Options
    krystolixkrystolix Posts: 73
    edited June 29
    Spent 750 units on t1. Looked at t2 and stopped. Looked at the deals... Looks like I'm saving money this 4th! Lol. Valiant btw.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,706 ★★★★★
    I spent 3k units on tier 2 option A and duped my Hyperion, a champ I'm not going to use anyways. So I'm disappointed.
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 639 ★★★
    I was able to awaken and R5 and ascend my Hulkling I got yesterday, and ended up with Titania and IMIW 7 stars from valiant crystals, all for 3750 units.

I’m gonna stop there and keep saving though, it was a decent event.
  • Options
    QueenMcocQueenMcoc Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    I brought only tier A with 750 units

😭 I had only 800 units
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 951 ★★★★★
    Not gonna lie, after seeing these posts of the titan crystal nexuses… I just went with the pool selector for the guaranteed Hulk. Never could pull him, got him way late as the 6 star. So decided I would rather take the guaranteed fun champ and avoid the RNG disappointment