Neutralize against buff immune champs

AzuraeruAzuraeru Member Posts: 2

So one of the known abilities of the science class are buff immunity to counter numerous buff punishing mystic champs like mojo, wiccan etc. but whenever I use buff immune champs against hard neutralize champs like wiccan why do I still get the "buff failed" status even though I am immune to buffs in the first place? Not only that but I also get punished as if I activated a buff in the first place when in reality I never did. Isn't the whole point of buff immunity champs are to hard counter buff punishing mystics? But then I still get punished by neutralize champs as If im not buff immune. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of buff immunity in the first place then.

Comments

• MaratoxMaratox Member Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★
    It’s the way that order of operations takes precedence. It definitely goes against class relationships, but it’s not the first time we’ve seen it, and it’s becoming way more common in the game. Despite it being annoying, it’s working as intended.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    When wolverine applies a bleed, the game rolls to see if the bleed will activate and then it will check to see if the opponent can be bled. This works the same way.

Neutralise reduces the opponents buff ability accuracy and punishes the opponent if the buff fails to apply because of this. Neutralise doesn't punish the buff, it punishes the failure to activate the buff. Spidey 2099 still needs to attempt to activate a buff in order to activate the pause effect, which normally isn't an issue since dexterity is a 100% chance, but neutralise reduces the chance and it can fail. It might seem wrong but that's just how it works.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,415 ★★★★★
    edited July 2
    Maratox said:

It’s the way that order of operations takes precedence. It definitely goes against class relationships, but it’s not the first time we’ve seen it, and it’s becoming way more common in the game. Despite it being annoying, it’s working as intended.

When wolverine applies a bleed, the game rolls to see if the bleed will activate and then it will check to see if the opponent can be bled. This works the same way.

Neutralise reduces the opponents buff ability accuracy and punishes the opponent if the buff fails to apply because of this. Neutralise doesn't punish the buff, it punishes the failure to activate the buff. Spidey 2099 still needs to attempt to activate a buff in order to activate the pause effect, which normally isn't an issue since dexterity is a 100% chance, but neutralise reduces the chance and it can fail. It might seem wrong but that's just how it works.

Well if this is the case, then what is the point of using buff immune champs against neutralize if the effect still triggers? Might as well use a neutralize immune or ability accuracy immune champ instead
  • MaratoxMaratox Member Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Maratox said:

Well if this is the case, then what is the point of using buff immune champs against neutralize if the effect still triggers? Might as well use a neutralize immune or ability accuracy immune champ instead
    That’s exactly the intention. Buff immune champs are good against mystics who punish you for having buffs or when those buffs expire. They aren’t as good against neutralize because ability accuracy checks occur before immunities
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Maratox said:

I mean, yeah. Using a bleed immune champ against a champ that poisons you doesn't do anything, neither does using a buff immune champ against a neutralise champion.

To counter a neutralise champion you need either neutralise immunity or general ability accuracy modification immunity