**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Which Mutant would you R3?

OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,866 ★★★★
So I pulled a mutant R3 gem from the sinister event today. Happy I didn’t get a third tech gem, but will admit Mutant was probably my #5 choice.

I’ve already r3d my domino (sig 70) so was thinking I’d either do Bishop or Sunspot, most likely Bishop. Then today I pulled Dust.

Thoughts on who I should take up?

Which Mutant would you R3? 93 votes

Bishop
46%
Disbanded_pensphillgreenDoom_and_GloomNewman0067Gyanemdjerspiderbites0196Colinwhitworth69Light_StormpeixemacacoTotalMonster110captain_rogersItsClobberinTimeRenaxqqBerty11111BeastDadBen_15455DeremusWinterFieldsKeredStrikerShenk 43 votes
Sunspot
23%
Tendersquadblackdragonight10or_Stronglegend1701Akkarin23svilariumZephyre33Giantwalrus56Terminatrixhankenar1Ioniqus_797dee_jay5Oliver345781KoukentsuQwerasdDab_westEdisonLawQueenMcocToproller89GrO_ot78 22 votes
Dust
24%
Spity68Ragnarok13dfmoore26FunkRayven5220UsagicassidyCloudVIIStrifeSpadeHunterMCOCHazzahoundogακιSearmenisBarani7daUltragamerwillrun4adonutNortherehVance2_jrwhyme_why6TrongNovRoddyRodster77PT_99 23 votes
Other (please specify)
5%
TheRealmKeeperJoSpidey_10TheHoundKingering_KingKablammo 5 votes

Comments

• Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,233 ★★★★★
    Bishop
    He is Dual threat
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,226 ★★★★★
    edited July 3
    Dust
    Dust, she's an actual dual threat
    My r3 is banned 80% times, 20% she wins on defence, in war also gets kills

Bishop place fell a lot with Ironman buff
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,871 ★★★★★
    Sunspot

So I pulled a mutant R3 gem from the sinister event today. Happy I didn’t get a third tech gem, but will admit Mutant was probably my #5 choice.

I’ve already r3d my domino (sig 70) so was thinking I’d either do Bishop or Sunspot, most likely Bishop. Then today I pulled Dust.

Thoughts on who I should take up?

Why couldn't I get a Mutant gem? 😭😭😭

Sunspot. 9 times out of 10...1 Special 2 from him and the fight is nearly over, it not completely over.

But go with who or what you need the most. If you need a offensive nuke, you got options. If you need a dual threat, you got options.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,173 ★★★★★
    edited July 3
    Bishop
    I feel like Sunspot does what he needs to do just fine at r2, Dust is waaay too slow to be a decent dual threat so she's a defender mainly, Bishop on the other hand is dual threat solid Bullseye counter and still a pain in the arse without a counter so.
  • Options
    UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 487 ★★★
    Dust

I feel like Sunspot does what he needs to do just fine at r2, Dust is waaay too slow to be a decent dual threat so she's a defender mainly, Bishop on the other hand is dual threat solid Bullseye counter and still a pain in the arse without a counter so.

Dual threat one of the easiest to fight champs dual threat even his offense kinda falling off if you don’t get multiple crits on that sp2 it ain’t much really regret ranking him cause all he’s been is a bullseye counter recently
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,720 ★★★★★
    Bishop

Dual threat one of the easiest to fight champs dual threat even his offense kinda falling off if you don’t get multiple crits on that sp2 it ain’t much really regret ranking him cause all he’s been is a bullseye counter recently
    He definitely do more damage than dust even if none of his sp2 hits crit.
  • Options
    Dust

I’ve gotten just as fast fights with dust at r1
  • Options
    Bishop

One of the easiest? No that would be Groot. r3 Bishop with block penetration is actually dangerous, one hit from the sp2 on block alone will take 20% of your health, if you miss the dex you're dead and if he decides to throw sp1 into your block you probably lose because of time too. How is any of this easy? It's not Serpent level but it certainly is enough to make him a good dual threat.

As for the crits, I have a r3 Bishop and you're so wrong it's kinda funny (mainly cause this is coming from someone who also thinks Cassie is top tier but that's a different topic). With r3 Bishop you don't need multiple crits on sp2, you only need one, the incinerate will kill them after that if the special doesn't. I'll tell you who requires nearly 40 seconds of ramp though, Dust 💀
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 4,007 ★★★★★
    Eiher Sunspot or Save for Onslaught
  • Options
    edited July 3
    Bishop

Yeah idk what he was going for here when he said that right after voting for Dust, commonly know for having a 40 second ramp and 60 second fights 90% of the time even at r2.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 4,007 ★★★★★

R2 Dust shattered
  • Options
    Bishop
    Polygon said:

R2 Dust shattered

+ Ironheart, Hyperion, Sunspot etc she gets cooked by so many champs. Unlike Photon Onslaught and Serpent, Dust already has a bunch of hard counters that shut her down completely. Bishop to this day only has two techs that shut him down completely and very few people have one of them at r6 which makes Bishop a way better option even for defense. Sure you can use Shocker, Hulkling, Juggs etc but with those you still have to play around the sp1 and sp2 bs which will tick down a lot if they're running block penetration and he's r3, I have had people lose rounds against me because they blocked one sp2.
  • Options
    Dust

Polygon said:

R2 Dust shattered

+ Ironheart, Hyperion, Sunspot etc she gets cooked by so many champs. Unlike Photon Onslaught and Serpent, Dust already has a bunch of hard counters that shut her down completely. Bishop to this day only has two techs that shut him down completely and very few people have one of them at r6 which makes Bishop a way better option even for defense. Sure you can use Shocker, Hulkling, Juggs etc but with those you still have to play around the sp1 and sp2 bs which will tick down a lot if they're running block penetration and he's r3, I have had people lose rounds against me because they blocked one sp2.
    Who needs to shut him down when you can blitz him in 30-40 sec he’s trash on defense unless you trap them where all the champs take damage over time but that’s rare. And for that sp2 it’s very easy to dex low tier players will get screwed up but high tier won’t. Plus dust doesn’t take 60 sec in 200k health pools my r1 dust finishing in 40 secs so don’t know what your doing but it shouldn’t take 60 unless it’s 500k health pools
  • Options
    Bishop

Polygon said:

R2 Dust shattered

Who needs to shut him down when you can blitz him in 30-40 sec he’s trash on defense unless you trap them where all the champs take damage over time but that’s rare. And for that sp2 it’s very easy to dex low tier players will get screwed up but high tier won’t. Plus dust doesn’t take 60 sec in 200k health pools my r1 dust finishing in 40 secs so don’t know what your doing but it shouldn’t take 60 unless it’s 500k health pools
    You can't blitz him in 30-40 seconds as a r3 without a proper counter or another r3 lol which is also true for Dust.

I'm in GC, don't try to play the "high tier low tier" card cause unfortunately for you I am already up here and I have won fights with Bishop simply because they took too much block damage.
    For the sake of the argument though let's say that's true. The same goes for Dust, if you can intercept she's a trash defender 🫂

I don't use Dust, she's too mid for my liking. However, if this guy is getting 50-60 sec fights with his r2 (and he says she's not the best for BGs himself)
    https://youtu.be/bd1sA6yzlVM?si=azkrX0-80Jf3f09_
    You are definitely 🧢 and there is no realm or plane of existence where Dust is faster than or just as fast as Bishop lmao cope
  • Options
    Dust
    His r2 taking longer than my r1 against rol
  • Options
    Dust
    Also how come I have a 42 sec hulkling fight against a r3 bishop? Can’t blitz him without a proper counter well hulkling isn’t a counter yet takes 42 sec to do it
  • Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 681 ★★★
    Sunspot
    I just R3ed mine…He’s the King of Nuketown in BG.
  • Options
    edited July 3
    Bishop

That's cause she sucks for short fights, the damage is there but it takes a while to get there cause she's slow.
  • Options
    Bishop

Also how come I have a 42 sec hulkling fight against a r3 bishop? Can’t blitz him without a proper counter well hulkling isn’t a counter yet takes 42 sec to do it

42 secs ≠ 40 secs now does it?
  • Options
    TrongNovTrongNov Posts: 269 ★★★
    Dust

That's cause she sucks for short fights, the damage is there but it takes a while to get there cause she's slow.
    No way is she slow lol. You don't need to build up to 99 sand debuffs. Just around 45 to 50 is enough. And then trigger her sandstorm by doing a heavy. No sp3 is required. She can do several special attacks in 10 seconds so you can hope for some juicy crits, whereas Bishop can only do 1 special atk then you have to build his power again and sometimes his crit rate on specials are horrible. I have both at r2 and they are both amazing, I never think of Dust as a slow option.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,551 ★★★★★
    Bishop
    Sunspot would be massive overkill but he’s so good for nearly every meta defender that I’d honestly consider it

Bishop has the dual threat potential and he does nuke bullseye so he’s a good shout. If he’s trigger happy with the sp1, you’re cooked

I actually think Dust could be a good option too. She’s a good enough defender and a good enough attacker. I think people don’t use her efficiently as someone pointed out, and her glance on block is a great ability. She’s a solid bullseye, photon, and onslaught option, as well as being an amazing war attacker
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

Sunspot would be massive overkill but he’s so good for nearly every meta defender that I’d honestly consider it

Bishop has the dual threat potential and he does nuke bullseye so he’s a good shout. If he’s trigger happy with the sp1, you’re cooked

I actually think Dust could be a good option too. She’s a good enough defender and a good enough attacker. I think people don’t use her efficiently as someone pointed out, and her glance on block is a great ability. She’s a solid bullseye, photon, and onslaught option, as well as being an amazing war attacker

Thanks. I’ve actually got the mats to R2 Dust and R3 Bishop so think that’s what I’m going to do.
  • Options
    Kingering_KingKingering_King Posts: 548 ★★
    Other (please specify)
    Plat pool imo
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,585 ★★★★★
    Bishop
    You wouldn't believe how hard his Sp2 hits at R3...
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,414 ★★★★
    Bishop
    I agree with Emilia here, bishop to r3 and dust to r2. I pulled dust 2 days ago from a titan and took her straight to r2. I know some people don’t find her annoying on defense, but many do, and she’s catching a surprising amount of bans for that reason. On attack she’s also not that slow if you don’t overramp her, she’ll on average take about 50s which definitely isn’t bad. She’s not a nuke, but considering she’s a fairly scary defender for many people I don’t think she needs to be.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,720 ★★★★★
    Bishop

I agree with Emilia here, bishop to r3 and dust to r2. I pulled dust 2 days ago from a titan and took her straight to r2. I know some people don’t find her annoying on defense, but many do, and she’s catching a surprising amount of bans for that reason. On attack she’s also not that slow if you don’t overramp her, she’ll on average take about 50s which definitely isn’t bad. She’s not a nuke, but considering she’s a fairly scary defender for many people I don’t think she needs to be.

Her difficulty in defense is inversely proportional to how new the device of the opponent is.
  • Options
    AshyKnucklesAshyKnuckles Posts: 139
    Ummmmm... Where is the rank 3 gem located in the Sinister event?
  • Options
    Vance2_jrVance2_jr Posts: 716 ★★★
    Dust
    Just had this debate last night (with Domino at sig 80 also in the mix). Dust is just too fun to play.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 3,089 ★★★★
    Sunspot
    If you want a nuke, Sunspot. If you want a dual threat, Bishop or Dust
  • Options

Ummmmm... Where is the rank 3 gem located in the Sinister event?

The first round of the unit offers at Valiant level gives you a 2-3 gem at the 18k unit mark. I rolled mutant from it.