Clarification on SIM's Overhaul

Toyota_2015Toyota_2015 Member Posts: 507 ★★★
In the post where his upcoming overhaul was announced, other reworks that were titled as "overhauls" included both Hulk and Spider-Man. While Spider-Man got a new look, neither of these champions received changes to their animations. While that works just fine for them, Superior Iron Man's current animations are a little lackluster and basic.

When Superior Iron Man receives his overhaul, will his animations receive any changes along with his kit? I understand that the way he plays will be changed dramatically, but with the current animations I imagine it will get boring to look at after a while.

I'd also like to state that I will be very happy with his overhaul regardless of how it turns out, as I'm sure it will make him playable at the very least. I'm already planning to rank up and ascend the 6* version I own now (unless I get my hands on the 7* version), I'm just wondering what we can expect from the upcoming changes

Comments

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,896 ★★★★★
    No his animations are fine. We already have many great defender it's best to have a champ with simple animations and a great attack kit.
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,696 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

I'm hoping he gets the OG Iron Man treatment

He most likely won’t get that’s because that’s is a fully reworked. Character.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,179 ★★★★★
    I'd hope for some variation to his animations to make him less like the OG Iron Man pre-rework. At the very least, I hope for a new heavy, sp1 and maybe 2.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,091 ★★★★★
    Gamer said:

EdisonLaw said:

So what? SIM is just as bad as pre buff Iron Man and needs a full rework
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,212 ★★★★★
    edited April 20
    EdisonLaw said:

Gamer said:

EdisonLaw said:

OG iron man was a special case where he was being treated as if he was a new champion though. Not just a buff.

I think this is more in the realm of magneto or kingpin. A really nice overhaul of the existing kit with maybe a few animation improvements
    I don't understand this obsession with Complicated animations. Why can't we have a champ with great kit but simple animations. He looks simple and cool, and a old nostalgic character. what's wrong if he have a great kit and abilities with current animations? Yes his specials are just beams but still it's ok. We need some champs with just basic/simple animations.
  • BirbmanBirbman Member Posts: 118
    edited April 21

I don't understand this obsession with Complicated animations. Why can't we have a champ with great kit but simple animations. He looks simple and cool, and a old nostalgic character. what's wrong if he have a great kit and abilities with current animations? Yes his specials are just beams but still it's ok. We need some champs with just basic/simple animations.

Superior iron man’s animations are so bad tho
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,696 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Gamer said:

EdisonLaw said:

Well i just said my opinion about it I don’t mind but I ain’t putting to much hope in it to get a surprise if things get changed animation vise.
  • Toyota_2015Toyota_2015 Member Posts: 507 ★★★

I'd hope for some variation to his animations to make him less like the OG Iron Man pre-rework. At the very least, I hope for a new heavy, sp1 and maybe 2.

Agreed. I think something similar to what they did with Storm would make sense, but at the very least they could just give him Iron Man's new heavy attack. I feel like that would be relatively simple to do, but then again I'm not a programmer so...
    Well they are keeping the same animations lol
  • Toyota_2015Toyota_2015 Member Posts: 507 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Well they are keeping the same animations lol

Indeed they are. Slightly disappointed but he’s still getting a buff so ig I can’t complain
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Member Posts: 591 ★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Because some animations are outdated and clunky, ex: Daredevil OG, Moon Knight, Groot especially, etc
    MoonKnight animations clunky?

EdisonLaw said:

Because some animations are outdated and clunky, ex: Daredevil OG, Moon Knight, Groot especially, etc
    MoonKnight animations clunky?
    Yeah kinda, like sometimes you can’t connect special attacks after a combo
    I'll rather have champs with basic animations like superior ironman instead of champs with lagging animations, like dust
  • Greed_ExodusGreed_Exodus Member Posts: 362 ★★★
    I would have liked it if they at least made him a flying / hovering champ, could have kept the other animations the same

I would have liked it if they at least made him a flying / hovering champ, could have kept the other animations the same

That would be cool. I originally wished for the sp3, he’d transform the armor into a Hulkbuster like the comics