So much for “Compensation” for BG

TroolgodTroolgod Member Posts: 6
5 days left in bgs and i am facing people with x3 my champions rating trying to get the first “compensation” in diamond l

Comments

• Wally_WooferWally_Woofer Member Posts: 176
    edited July 10
    I don't know how to describe it, but here goes. Getting placed lower this season exposed me to a whole new experience. You got to see accounts with progression titles that seemed so out of whack. There wasn't always a solid core of champs behind a paragon. There was the prerequisite champs, and a bunch of beefed up lesser ranked champs. Ascensions abound, in order to reach a roster not to expand it even further. Can't say much I'm doing the same to my 6r4 these days...
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,966 ★★★★★

Annoying when someone has placed a lower title like Cavalier when they are solidly Valiant with rows of duped rank 3s and ascended max sig chanps not available as 7 stars in their deck.

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure what it's meant to achieve.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,279 ★★★★★

I don't know how to describe it, but here goes. Getting placed lower this season exposed me to a whole new experience. You got to see accounts with progression titles that seemed so out of whack. There wasn't always a solid core of champs behind a paragon. There was the prerequisite champs, and a bunch of beefed up lesser ranked champs. Ascensions abound, in order to reach a roster not to expand it even further. Can't say much I'm doing the same to my 6r4 these days...

Where did you start?
  • TroolgodTroolgod Member Posts: 6

The compensation was for people who made it to GC on the previous season....

Didnt the “accident” affect everybody?
  • DevilsClaw_1991DevilsClaw_1991 Member Posts: 15

The compensation was supposed to be for everyone as Kabam stated.
  • Demonic_embraceDemonic_embrace Member Posts: 179 ★★
    What's your profile like
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,205 ★★★★★

Troolgod said:

Didnt the “accident” affect everybody?
    Not really, people who didn't get far didn't get dropped like 13 tiers to climb back...

The compensation was supposed to be for everyone as Kabam stated.
    The compensation is open to everyone to earn...
    People who made it to GC regularly will get it...
    People who struggle are not gonna get it handed to them for free. Basically people who are used to getting to GC will get it, people who don't get to those upper tiers will complain about not getting it.
    Don't even bother explaining. You're wasting energy with these guys
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★
    Troolgod said:

My champion rating is 1.53 mil and i am a new paragon. Diamond 4 in bgs atm.

*runs and hides face*
    My account is almost 3m.
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,381 ★★★★

Annoying when someone has placed a lower title like Cavalier when they are solidly Valiant with rows of duped rank 3s and ascended max sig chanps not available as 7 stars in their deck.

I've never understood this myself. If the method of who you face in BGs had additional info on the "match found: accept/decline" screen of who you were going to be facing before you locked it in, I could see how this works, as it's a form of reverse psychology to make you think you're agreeing to a fight with likely a weaker opponent. But the way it actually runs, you have no clue who you're fighting before you lock it in.

As someone else has stated, the title is the player's choice alone. Maybe they just like it, who knows. I usually use different titles earned through other content rather than progression titles, personally.
  • KLZKLZ Member Posts: 226 ★★

The compensation is for everyone!! Even a Cav player who never did BGs can get a 7* Cristal and 10k titans shards, and that's awesome!!
  • Barani7daBarani7da Member Posts: 683 ★★
    You were matching this kind of account in diamond one😂😂, I made with them even in silver. Literally in a row of 20 I faced paragon and valiant account. It will be like my top champs rating is some around 15k. Opponent's last champ rating is 19k. What would I do? But there are some good people like they themselves forfeit then match. The matchmaking ai is like people from same rank starts the matchmaking then it matches irrespective of the rating.
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★
    i wish those were the kind of accounts i faced lol

for context i have a very sad 3 champions at R3 seven star. the accounts I've faced this season (especially this one) have had nothing short of 8+ R3 seven star champions ... I've seen as high as 12-15 R3s .... I'm sure they have a proper laugh at my account but I still lace the boots up and battle.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,869 ★★★★★
    Troolgod said:

My champion rating is 1.53 mil and i am a new paragon. Diamond 4 in bgs atm.

A new paragon definitely doesn't need 10 k titan shards.
    KLZ said:

The compensation is for everyone!! Even a Cav player who never did BGs can get a 7* Cristal and 10k titans shards, and that's awesome!!
    Then they shouldn't complain about the difficulty of getting it...
  • Chief_WiggumChief_Wiggum Member Posts: 75
    I think the point that gets missed is lower tier players are incidentally punished by the removal of account strength below Plat as well as NOT getting realistically attainable "compensation" at tiers where it is realistically attainable.

I support the removal of matchmaking limits but it has to be more rewarding for those not in the top 10% of summoners.

Even break the 15k 7* reward into 3 pieces.. 2.5k at Gold 1, 5k at Plat 1 and 7.5k at Diamond 1.

This gives a incentive to have everyone push for a piece of the reward without altering the economics of it.

For people who are actually at my Mini's account strength.. its a demolarising punishment when facing accounts where any champ can KO yours in 15s or less

I think the point that gets missed is lower tier players are incidentally punished by the removal of account strength below Plat as well as NOT getting realistically attainable "compensation" at tiers where it is realistically attainable.

I support the removal of matchmaking limits but it has to be more rewarding for those not in the top 10% of summoners.

Even break the 15k 7* reward into 3 pieces.. 2.5k at Gold 1, 5k at Plat 1 and 7.5k at Diamond 1.

This gives a incentive to have everyone push for a piece of the reward without altering the economics of it.

For people who are actually at my Mini's account strength.. its a demolarising punishment when facing accounts where any champ can KO yours in 15s or less

Its more demoralizing to see Cavs with 6r3s and 6r4s along with 7*s...
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,292 Guardian

I’m currently playing two low alts in S19, one a low to mid Cav, and one a mid TB. I don’t feel those accounts are being particularly punished. The Cav is now in P2, and the TB is in D4. More importantly, both are essentially at 300k solo points, with just a couple matches left to max out the solo rewards. These rewards are, on a relative basis, *huge* for those accounts. 7500 7* shards and 2500 Titan shards? On top of the VT rewards? For a TB account that’s great, for a Cav account that is ridiculously awesome.

The main problem seems to be, as it has been in most seasons, how hard you push. If you run into a wall of strong accounts, it’s best to slow down and let them promote away from you. My main pushed to GC and got there in two weeks, I saw almost no weak accounts and tons of stronger ones. But I’ve seen other players slow play VT and have a much easier ride. I’ve been playing my low alts much more slowly, and as a result I have been seeing much more similar strength in opponents.

And that’s without missing very many solo objectives, and none of the Magnetron crystals.

On the subject of compensation. Kabam handed out two compensation packages. The first was the shards, which very obviously were intended to compensate players who routinely reach GC and would not have a longer climb to get there. The Titan shards are in V1, which essentially requires you to reach GC again. The 7* shards are in D1, which are presumably there to compensate players who might have reached GC in prior seasons but fell just short in S19. Both compensation packages target essentially GC-caliber players.

Why not spread the shards throughout VT? Because lower players didn’t need additional compensation for seeding lower. The S19 VT already includes adjusted rewards for the additional climb, and a player who did not reach GC last season and wasn’t going to reach GC this season would not be earning way less rewards than last season. They would arguably be earning more due to a number of factors, including the fact that S19 has more VT tiers that are easier in general to promote in, thus allowing weaker players more chances to promote and receive VT promotion rewards.

The second compensation package was the result of discussions between the CCP and the developers, where I and others argued for additional compensation to not only add rewards for pushing harder, but to mitigate the extra effort involved with things like energy refills and marks, because pushing farther doesn’t just make things harder, it also burns more resources. That second compensation was released for everyone, because the intent was to compensate for the extra grind everyone would potentially be facing due to the seeding glitch.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Member Posts: 2,382 ★★★★★
    AadhyVan said:

1. The title is a choice of the account holder.

2. Just cause of a stacked deck doesn't imply to a fitting title.

3. Stop complaining over it.
    1. Obviously. Duh.
    2. Who said it did? It's just lame.
    3. No.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Member Posts: 4,102 ★★★★★

I got compensation and never made it to GC