Is Medusa still relevant in 2024?

EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 5,993 ★★★★★

The OG cosmic goddess, she had a lot of abilities in her kit. She has access to armor break, armor shatter, fury and autoblock (when awakened), poison immunity, etc. Before champs like CGR, Corvus and Hercules came out, she was one of the main cosmics everybody used. However, is she still meta relevant in 2024? Why or why not? Would she be a good 7*?

Is Medusa still relevant in 2024? 85 votes

Yes and why
32%
Spity68Ragnarok13Foxhero007Cat_MurdockNojokejaymGrootman1294MoeyTehrcaptain_rogersMCOCHazzaZephyre33Giantwalrus56CowabungaSquirrelbr14Jack2634Soumemiakas1926SirGamesBondorpimeSManbatnSunstar19hyp3r05 28 votes
No and why
51%
LuciusVorenusquando213yossBrokenAssumedNamePrimeSaviour_27Legendboy2411SavageBreaker69SCP1504UsagicassidyLordSmasherMagicsolBabyMiikeRebarkItsClobberinTimeDisthene_TxLunatiXxBeastDadIoniqus_797DrDavid69 44 votes
Unsure
15%
Mhd20034wvonkWabobawillrun4adonutRealWizardMarvelfan30JoSpidey_10Emilia90EdisonLawHatsumomo713_o_f1673rDr_doom1WillyW 13 votes

Comments

• Darkraw346Darkraw346 Member Posts: 2,323 ★★★★★
    If u love her then sure
  • Bayle The DreadBayle The Dread Member Posts: 447 ★★★★
    If she gets released as a 7*, we might see a comeback but other than that? She’s pretty average for the most part. Also, she’d be a great 7 star because she would only need one dupe and that’s it. At least for attack.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,328 ★★★★★
    Unsure
    She can hit decently hard. Her utility is mostly restricted to robot champs which are practically irrelevant on defense nowadays but she would’ve still been a way better addition than half of what Kabam threw in the Titan
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,368 ★★★★★
    No and why
    Currently, as is (which means restricted to 6* rarity) no, last time I used her was the armor burn meta she just ain't all that. A 7* with stat focus would slap and I could see her becoming relevant again though
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,130 ★★★★★
    No and why
    I actually love Medusa as a champ, she’s strong and looks very fun. However she’s nowhere to be seen in the meta. As KT1 says in his ranking videos “these are the champs people use when losing matters.” She’s not one of those champs. You don’t see her in bgs decks, or in higher tier aw, and even in content most people will rank or use someone else. I like her a lot but she’s a victim of power creep and being overshadowed.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,705 ★★★★★
    Yes and why
    Sure, If we get a new inhuman carina, she would be fun with Vox, Godnak and Midbolt
  • KLZKLZ Member Posts: 225 ★★
    No and why
    Outdated
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 5,993 ★★★★★
    Unsure

I actually love Medusa as a champ, she’s strong and looks very fun. However she’s nowhere to be seen in the meta. As KT1 says in his ranking videos “these are the champs people use when losing matters.” She’s not one of those champs. You don’t see her in bgs decks, or in higher tier aw, and even in content most people will rank or use someone else. I like her a lot but she’s a victim of power creep and being overshadowed.

That’s what I thought as well
    Unsure

Sure, If we get a new inhuman carina, she would be fun with Vox, Godnak and Midbolt

A necro Inhuman Carina’s challenge could be possible
  • MethodMan69MethodMan69 Member Posts: 221
    edited July 14
    Yes and why

Insane for incursions works with hemostatic charge just like bullseye and she can do some work in Bgs , sneak defender and a good attacker too
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,667 ★★★★★
  • smdam38smdam38 Member Posts: 1,284 ★★★
    I still like her a lot. She’s smooth and easy to play. There are probably higher rarity robot counters, but she’s still a lot of fun on those.
  • TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Member Posts: 459 ★★★
    Decent champ depending on where you are in the game and what your roster looks like.

Still a very solid robot counter. Can see her get added to the 7* pool soon.
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,033 ★★★★
    She's a great champ against robots
    Unsure

Decent champ depending on where you are in the game and what your roster looks like.

Still a very solid robot counter. Can see her get added to the 7* pool soon.

I could see her get added soon alongside Karnak. Black Bolt kinda needs a buff first
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,082 ★★★★★
    No thanks. Too hard to dupe 7-stars and so much of her damage is tied up in the dupe.