Pacing of game for new [not alt accounts] is off imo

willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 4,051 ★★★★★
I try not to rant, and it doesn't really do anything, but I've noticed that newer players don't what I consider basic information and are just gliding throw content with their overpowered champs like 7*. While it has been said before by many, here is what I've found.

I like jumping in incursions after I've done my solo attempts to help carry lower accounts and get rewards as well as getting my gold milestones every 4 days. If I jump into sector 5 with a random, we get to zone 15. If I jump into sector 6, it really depends on nodes and opponents. It used to not depend on who my partner was as what I would say, they would do. For example, wait until I clear the boss, let me get the nodes first, etc. I even check their language based on there alliance and go back and forth between google translate and MCOC.

The last four partners I had all did not know how to apply White Magento's prefights. It was strange as I never had that issue with me. What made me 'mad' [but not really] was that with one partner, I was on zone 20 [zone 21 carrying someone is my best so I was close] and needed that prefight for the boss to counter tenacity, but he my partner couldn't figure out how to do it. So I almost was able to break my record, but couldn't. Something small, I know, but I thought everyone knew about prefights. This partner has also been playing since August per him, another partner for 7 months. I've also carried someone who didn't need carrying in sector 6 [he had a 6r5 Herc]. He never died, and when I asked he was doing partners instead of solo, he said it's because he couldn't get past the 3% degen on bosses without a partner since the node would still be there so partners should be easier. I told him that node isn't there in solo as he had no idea.

TL;DR I wish new players knew how to apply prefights for incursions so I could have beaten my carrying record.

Comments

• Average_DesiAverage_Desi Posts: 404 ★★★
    This has been a thing even before 7*s. There are a lot of even "end game" players who don't know what ability accuracy is. They hage always existed and will always exist ni matter what
  • Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 1,146 ★★★★
    Not knowing about prefights is kinda funny, like it's a relatively big visible green button and they didn't even click it once? I'm honestly impressed...
  • BendyBendy Posts: 5,609 ★★★★★

This has been a thing even before 7*s. There are a lot of even "end game" players who don't know what ability accuracy is. They hage always existed and will always exist ni matter what

I have to explain this a lot at times
  • WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Posts: 450 ★★★
    edited July 16
    @willrun4adonut I've still gotta do sector 6 and can help you get it done if you want one weekend?

Doing sector 7 with a mate but usually do sector 6 solo... with a partner just means a few less fights

Completely unrelated but yano 😂
  • LokxLokx Posts: 1,186 ★★★★
    I mean they’ll catch up eventually. Content is gonna continue to grow and the things we learnt in act 5 they will learn in either late act 6 or possibly act 7. It’s just how it’s gonna be so that the speed of progression doesn’t feel daunting or discouraging for new users.

Most learnt to intercept properly in act 6 but many now will probably get proficient at it in act 7.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 4,051 ★★★★★

@willrun4adonut I've still gotta do sector 6 and can help you get it done if you want one weekend?

Doing sector 7 with a mate but usually do sector 6 solo... with a partner just means a few less fights

Completely unrelated but yano 😂

I'm already done with 5-7. I get them all done the first day they come out.

I then do them again with random people every 4 days to get the milestones and see how far I can carry people. So thanks, but I'm good.
  • Asher1_1Asher1_1 Posts: 371 ★★

I try not to rant, and it doesn't really do anything, but I've noticed that newer players don't what I consider basic information and are just gliding throw content with their overpowered champs like 7*. While it has been said before by many, here is what I've found.

I like jumping in incursions after I've done my solo attempts to help carry lower accounts and get rewards as well as getting my gold milestones every 4 days. If I jump into sector 5 with a random, we get to zone 15. If I jump into sector 6, it really depends on nodes and opponents. It used to not depend on who my partner was as what I would say, they would do. For example, wait until I clear the boss, let me get the nodes first, etc. I even check their language based on there alliance and go back and forth between google translate and MCOC.

The last four partners I had all did not know how to apply White Magento's prefights. It was strange as I never had that issue with me. What made me 'mad' [but not really] was that with one partner, I was on zone 20 [zone 21 carrying someone is my best so I was close] and needed that prefight for the boss to counter tenacity, but he my partner couldn't figure out how to do it. So I almost was able to break my record, but couldn't. Something small, I know, but I thought everyone knew about prefights. This partner has also been playing since August per him, another partner for 7 months. I've also carried someone who didn't need carrying in sector 6 [he had a 6r5 Herc]. He never died, and when I asked he was doing partners instead of solo, he said it's because he couldn't get past the 3% degen on bosses without a partner since the node would still be there so partners should be easier. I told him that node isn't there in solo as he had no idea.

TL;DR I wish new players knew how to apply prefights for incursions so I could have beaten my carrying record.

New player don't play incursion 😂 they need to learn the basics first ,get the progression title and complete story quest -- that's what everyone suggests & that's everyone do.
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★
    Bendy said:

Guilty. I still don't understand exactly how it works.

I mean, I think I have the basics of it down, but it still confuses me.

Bendy said:

And Domino still confused me with that when I play against her.
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★

Bendy said:

And Domino still confused me with that when I play against her.
    Me too. I just see abilities failing sometimes and I take "random" damage from it.

Love the game, but I don't have the memory to remember how all of these chalos work and why they work that way.

I just wanna punch things! Hahaha
  • smdam38smdam38 Posts: 1,266 ★★★
    I’ve been playing for years.
    If some new player is better than me.
    Who cares?
    So what’s your not rant?
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,396 ★★★★
    smdam38 said:

I’ve been playing for years.
    If some new player is better than me.
    Who cares?

Did you read the post? OP is saying that new players lack basic knowledge (like how to apply a prefight), not that new players are bettter or have good champions.
    Did you read my reply?
    If some new player powers through, and gets to a higher level, please tell me how to differentiate that, in reasonable terms across the entire game.
    smdam38 said:

Did you read my reply?
    If some new player powers through, and gets to a higher level, please tell me how to differentiate that, in reasonable terms across the entire game.

I think you missed the point. I was upset (not really since all of my incursion runs are done) that I had four people in a row not know what prefights are or how to use them, and one of them cost me a personal record of carrying someone in as for 6 (which isn't the easiest thing to do). So that's who cares (me for this incursion instance).
    I'm now six for six with random partners not knowing prefights. This partner was very nice and polite, but had a Doom 6r4a, Herc max sig 6r4a and 6r4 FAnta.
    Did it finally. Carried someone from zone 4 to zone 25. But he wasn't a random person, but rather someone from my alliance. He also said I could post his username.