What do we think about New Battlegrounds Changes?

captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 7,564 ★★★★★
edited July 19 in General Discussion
What y'all think about about offseason week and season long gc meta?

Is the same gc meta over the entire season a pro player move or anti player move?

What do y'all think about the next meta?

More info here

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/371961/season-20-introducing-off-seasons#latest

Comments

• Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 2,097 ★★★★★
    So if off season has no vt or gc, what is matchmaking based on?
  • XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Posts: 525 ★★★

FFA
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 4,298 ★★★★★
    On paper it looks like a positive change, but what if the meta is bad? Then it means we have to endure for all 4 weeks. Or what if youre a late grinder in GC ? Then by the time you make it to circuit, youre opponents on average will have a ton more practice. Even for those who pushed earlier, the room for error will be a lot smaller as the opponents would have practiced each matches so many times
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 2,007 ★★★★★
    Looking at some of those metas, I seriously need to expand my roster to accomodate it because some of my champions are going to be completely useless...
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 2,097 ★★★★★
    edited July 19
    XFREEDOMX said:

FFA
    Oh this’ll be fun
  • ThiartcThiartc Posts: 281 ★★
    and to force even more unwanted BG playing on us, they will now put all the arena gold and units in the BG off season
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 5,322 ★★★★★
    Probably not going to play off-season unless I'm desperate for rank up mats which I'm not so it's whatever. What's funny to me is almost nobody asked for this, and then other things a lot people have been asking for for months like a GC rewards buff, still haven't been changed lol
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,653 ★★★★★

Probably not going to play off-season unless I'm desperate for rank up mats which I'm not so it's whatever. What's funny to me is almost nobody asked for this, and then other things a lot people have been asking for for months like a GC rewards buff, still haven't been changed lol

I has ben asked about to play it when it was down for the fact that’s I enjoy it could’ve even do friendly now you can play bg almost every day for me that’s a win it a game mode in enjoy to a instance not lasts meta it was just bad.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,653 ★★★★★

Off-season is cool.

I hate having the same node set for a whole season. It will become very boring IMO. I think it’s a mix of pro player and anti player. At least in my circles, most of us liked the old 4 meta more than the 2. Now it’s just 1? As already mentioned, if it’s a bad meta, it will be a long boring season.

Yea I not to sure a fully meta i mean I understand why i really hated most rank up I had make would be trow under the bus to it kind a good thing. To hav a full mouth of it but it mix felling.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 5,322 ★★★★★
    Gamer said:

I has ben asked about to play it when it was down for the fact that’s I enjoy it could’ve even do friendly now you can play bg almost every day for me that’s a win it a game mode in enjoy to a instance not lasts meta it was just bad.
    1. I said almost nobody not nobody.
    2. I personally don't care about it, I don't have an issue with those who do but I couldn't care less.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,953 ★★★★★
    Being able.to test meta with little consequence is a win.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 12,187 Guardian
    Also, suggest the Season # numbering for OFF-Season should be the same that corresponds to the upcoming season, where the BUFF META's will be the same.

And in fact would be better to call it **PRE-SEASON** instead of Off-Season.

In major sports leagues, PRE-SEASON is always termed to be along with the upcoming season that follows it.

So this new season is 20.

Then a PRE-Season for 21, followed by the actual Season for 21.
    (both would have the same Buff Meta, 1st as a practice, followed by the actual competition).

*fyi, for those that didn’t read announcement, their plan was to call upcoming Season 20, followed by Off-Season to also be called 20 (which makes no sense).

@Kabam Crashed
    @KabamDORK

Change them to PRE-Seasons.
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,311 Guardian
    edited July 19
    I like the changes. Will only need to adjust my deck and strategies when I get to GC and have plenty of time to learn the new meta when I'm down low instead of having a situation like last season where the first meta in GC was fun and then I got wrecked by the new meta and didn't have room for learning without my rating getting tanked.

The changes also removes the importance of the final meta since the first one was just there, but the last one was the important one to know for pushing in GC.
  • LokxLokx Posts: 1,194 ★★★★
    I love it.

I have two hopes for it tho,
    First is that i hope they go to similar roster strength, doubt someone would sandbag on a non competitive mode that has nothing to gain.

Secondly, i don’t think it’s gonna be how they will do it this season, but would love if off season was a separate queue from regular battleground during on season. It’s just a fun side game mode that doesn’t require any stress, just fun. However it probably depends if the time spent on working on the separate queue will be reflected on participation, because if barely anyone participates in casual queue then there isn’t a point on coding it in.

Other then that i will definitely play off season as i love the bg structure.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,687 ★★★★★
    I like having BGs around outside of seasons .
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 2,910 ★★★★
    I legit put the idea of an off season up and a bazillion people shot it down
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,988 ★★★★★

Off-season is cool.

I hate having the same node set for a whole season. It will become very boring IMO. I think it’s a mix of pro player and anti player. At least in my circles, most of us liked the old 4 meta more than the 2. Now it’s just 1? As already mentioned, if it’s a bad meta, it will be a long boring season.

Definitely share the same concerns.

Can’t argue with the team’s logic about resource management, that part is definitely pro-player. Also the ability to maximize understanding of a node set and practice execution of it prior to the start of the season is going to make for quite the interesting competition.

I do worry though that part of what made the mode successful was the dynamic strategy of shifting metas. And these changes completely kill that, which could end up with the mode becoming stale and boring.
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 2,197 ★★★★

This will be great!

But as an only fun game, maybe without expent energy would be better
  • LokxLokx Posts: 1,194 ★★★★

This will be great!

But as an only fun game, maybe without expent energy would be better

You still get those battle token 48 hour objectives which is why they put the energy down.
  • spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Posts: 343 ★★★
    Love the costs for off season. Would be helpful to figure out rosters before going live. I don't know that I'd play hard in the off-season, but the cost of running roughly 14 matches to iron out "no, these champions I'm thinking of upgrading will benefit me" before it impacts my ranks in the official season is nice.
  • GarloGarlo Posts: 240 ★★
    4 GC metas were fun, 2 GC metas are ok, 1 GC meta will be veeeeery boring.
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,643 ★★★★
    I don't like the idea of same strenght during the off season since many summoners will complaint even more when the regular season starts. You can do it during off season why not during the regular season. This opens up a huge can of worms.

Also, suggest the Season # numbering for OFF-Season should be the same that corresponds to the upcoming season, where the BUFF META's will be the same.

And in fact would be better to call it **PRE-SEASON** instead of Off-Season.

In major sports leagues, PRE-SEASON is always termed to be along with the upcoming season that follows it.

So this new season is 20.

Then a PRE-Season for 21, followed by the actual Season for 21.
    (both would have the same Buff Meta, 1st as a practice, followed by the actual competition).

*fyi, for those that didn’t read announcement, their plan was to call upcoming Season 20, followed by Off-Season to also be called 20 (which makes no sense).

@Kabam Crashed
    @KabamDORK

Change them to PRE-Seasons.

I don't like the idea of saem strength in the off season since this will cause more complaints when the regular season starts. Their will be even more post of if you have the technology to do it, why don't you do it during the regular seasons, it's not fair I'm facing against a whale of an account. It would be like a tease for the smaller accounts and the rug gets pulled on them when the game counts for something. Lets keep expectations as it should be, the preseason should be a test run of the real regular system.
  • Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 907 ★★★
    Hope i can snipe Bero Man
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 12,187 Guardian
    edited July 19
    @Ayden_noah1
    Guess an alternative during Pre-Season could be Matching within your FINAL TIER where you finished the just-completed season at.

That at least should narrow down who you'd face.

Point being, if there are no ranking rewards involved, why not make it more evenly matched so people could enjoy it. And actually get comparable TESTING done during Pre-season. Instead of wasting 5 energy each and hoping that 1 out of every 5 matches might be worthwhile continuing instead of just Forfeits all over the place like took place during this past season.

Whereas during actual Season, YES, you would want there to be more wins by higher players.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 7,134 ★★★★★
    Garlo said:

4 GC metas were fun, 2 GC metas are ok, 1 GC meta will be veeeeery boring.

L take