I hate 22hr events even more now

2»

Comments

• Wozzle007Wozzle007 Member Posts: 1,001 ★★★★★
    Dorky said:

Wozzle007 said:

Couldn’t agree more with this thread. I’ve stopped playing my alt account, have lost motivation to play my main account.

I really hate how the current rewards set up pushes us into a box. Appreciate the event was only ever billed as being a month long, but feels like the game has gone backwards.

The only game modes I’m currently interested in are Battlegrounds, AQ and AW (no choice with the latter as that’s the price you pay for being in an Alliance). But nones of these events actually count towards the rewards that matter. So yep, for me the games gone backwards. Hope Kabam ‘review the data’ quickly and change us back to the Super Daily format, even if rewards aren’t as spicey.

To base your motivation to a super event is bizarre. Just saying. Your motivation should be something you are pushing for.
    I got a reply from DorkyDave :) love the YouTube channel. It’s not purely based on the daily event, but the change back feels like a reminder that there’s not much for me to do other than Battlegrounds. Now SOS is complete, there really isn’t much in the game that is exciting for me to do at the moment. MEQ is a trivial chore and there is a lack of motivation to complete it as the rewards are now outdated even with the gauntlet aspect it’s not really a driver for me to have to get it done. I’ll plod through it, but to try and match when I play to a 22hr rewards isn’t a great player experience. Arena is the most boring part of the game, there’s currently no content that I need to rank champs up for to complete, other than BG (yes this is a first world problem). So going back to 22hr events of Hero Use, Arena, Level Up, Event Quest is a reminder that there’s no content in the game that is a driver to log in for and play the game other than habit. And the rewards for these are so outdated that actually it doesn’t really matter if I miss them. I’m stocked up on health and Revives.

So I guess at the moment there isn’t a lot of motivation to pull me into the game when a large portion of the rewards feel really outdated and not really the worth time taken to complete. The next thing I’m looking forward to is the follow up to SOS which is probably 5 - 6 weeks away or act 9 which is 2-3 months away maybe? I have no idea what to look forward to as we don’t get roadmaps anymore. So my motivation is to wait for the next thing and play battlegrounds, but when I play that it doesn’t count towards any of the 22hr events. The rewards for the Super Event were pretty great and I’d get points for playing the parts of the game I actually play and it actually felt pretty good clearing it and choosing the rewards I wanted from the selector. Now if I want to get a few units and a revive I have play parts of the game that are just dull (to me at least).
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Member Posts: 1,001 ★★★★★

Wozzle007 said:

Dorky said:

Wozzle007 said:

Couldn’t agree more with this thread. I’ve stopped playing my alt account, have lost motivation to play my main account.

I really hate how the current rewards set up pushes us into a box. Appreciate the event was only ever billed as being a month long, but feels like the game has gone backwards.

The only game modes I’m currently interested in are Battlegrounds, AQ and AW (no choice with the latter as that’s the price you pay for being in an Alliance). But nones of these events actually count towards the rewards that matter. So yep, for me the games gone backwards. Hope Kabam ‘review the data’ quickly and change us back to the Super Daily format, even if rewards aren’t as spicey.

To base your motivation to a super event is bizarre. Just saying. Your motivation should be something you are pushing for.
    I got a reply from DorkyDave :) love the YouTube channel. It’s not purely based on the daily event, but the change back feels like a reminder that there’s not much for me to do other than Battlegrounds. Now SOS is complete, there really isn’t much in the game that is exciting for me to do at the moment. MEQ is a trivial chore and there is a lack of motivation to complete it as the rewards are now outdated even with the gauntlet aspect it’s not really a driver for me to have to get it done. I’ll plod through it, but to try and match when I play to a 22hr rewards isn’t a great player experience. Arena is the most boring part of the game, there’s currently no content that I need to rank champs up for to complete, other than BG (yes this is a first world problem). So going back to 22hr events of Hero Use, Arena, Level Up, Event Quest is a reminder that there’s no content in the game that is a driver to log in for and play the game other than habit. And the rewards for these are so outdated that actually it doesn’t really matter if I miss them. I’m stocked up on health and Revives.

So I guess at the moment there isn’t a lot of motivation to pull me into the game when a large portion of the rewards feel really outdated and not really the worth time taken to complete. The next thing I’m looking forward to is the follow up to SOS which is probably 5 - 6 weeks away or act 9 which is 2-3 months away maybe? I have no idea what to look forward to as we don’t get roadmaps anymore. So my motivation is to wait for the next thing and play battlegrounds, but when I play that it doesn’t count towards any of the 22hr events. The rewards for the Super Event were pretty great and I’d get points for playing the parts of the game I actually play and it actually felt pretty good clearing it and choosing the rewards I wanted from the selector. Now if I want to get a few units and a revive I have play parts of the game that are just dull (to me at least).
    No you didn't
    Oh rubbish! I saw the Dork in his name and brain lept. Well my reply stands as feedback anyway.
  • PandingoPandingo Member Posts: 1,030 ★★★★
    edited July 25
    I'm actually on less because I wanna avoid them 😅😅😅 which is dumb but now they make their specified gameplay feel forced and irritating to play hahaha
  • DorkyDorky Member Posts: 337
    Finally we are getting somewhere. Don't just say bring it back. That probably want feedback. Likes and dislikes so they can work around it.
  • KeonexKeonex Member Posts: 321 ★★★
    they are awful, we need super event back asap
  • Chief_WiggumChief_Wiggum Member Posts: 75
    the return of the old dailies reminded all of us how bad they were and what they could be with the daily super events.
    we all just did them because we "had to" for the revives and units. Now that we know the grass is greener on the other side.. i have no doubt kabam brings it back with potentially some adjustments in the near future.
    For now.. back to the grind..
  • Chief_WiggumChief_Wiggum Member Posts: 75
    the return of the old dailies reminded all of us how bad they were and what they could be with the daily super events.
    we all just did them because we "had to" for the revives and units. Now that we know the grass is greener on the other side.. i have no doubt kabam brings it back with potentially some adjustments in the near future.
    For now.. back to the grind..
  • AadhyVanAadhyVan Member Posts: 80
    I never felt them as a bad. But, the Daily Super definitely shook things up. There's an overwhelming amount of things to complete. The points for using different rarity champs, where in the game to use them etc., The Daily Super just asked the game to be played, no restrictions whatsoever!

P.S.: Only thing I like with the 22 hr and 7 hr event system is back that I get to claim the double daily crystals (in-game and web store)
    Wozzle007 said:

Dorky said:

Wozzle007 said:

I'm not Dave.
    Pandingo said:

I'm actually on less because I wanna avoid them 😅😅😅 which is dumb but now they make their specified gameplay feel forced and irritating to play hahaha

Its not forcing you to do anything tbh. You can still play the game lol. Only depends on if you want to put points into that area. Common sense lol
  • PrentexPrentex Member Posts: 388 ★★
    Seeing the playerbase this united, Kabam can skip the data analysis, everyone wants the daily super event back.
    We got so used to the 22/7 events for years that we didn't even realize how outdated and restricting they are:

"Use a mystic champ to win a fight with a light attack as the last hit" i mean why was this even a thing in the first place.

Or as someone before stated, the thing with having to ration the TB difficulty of EQ exploration because of the Event quest completion points - this was so annoying and i hate that it is back, hopefully not for long

I hope the daily super event will be back sooner than later

Please Kabam you can clearly see the playerbase wants the 22/7 events gone for good, there is no doubt about it. They can bring it back now and do the tweaking of rewards anytime at a later point
    Prentex said:

Seeing the playerbase this united, Kabam can skip the data analysis, everyone wants the daily super event back.
    We got so used to the 22/7 events for years that we didn't even realize how outdated and restricting they are:

"Use a mystic champ to win a fight with a light attack as the last hit" i mean why was this even a thing in the first place.

Or as someone before stated, the thing with having to ration the TB difficulty of EQ exploration because of the Event quest completion points - this was so annoying and i hate that it is back, hopefully not for long

I hope the daily super event will be back sooner than later

Please Kabam you can clearly see the playerbase wants the 22/7 events gone for good, there is no doubt about it. They can bring it back now and do the tweaking of rewards anytime at a later point

I don't want it gone like you do. Make it behind a paywall if that's the case.