Enchantress: The "I need a manual for this sh-" character

Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 396 ★★
Enchantress' Deep Dive is one of the longest ever in MCOC history. Stretching across 9 and a half minutes are a myriad of utility-based spells, that seem like the creators at Kabam went on adding stuff without first realizing what they already have given her. That, or they played a very long game of Mad Libs to give her utility. Also, she seems only effective in high power gain situations. Because, just for a simple rotation, you need a minimum of 2 sp1s to just ACTIVATE your sp2.

The main disappointment with Enchantress is the plethora of swipe combinations that activate her abilities. While I agree that the new mechanic is interesting, it's one for long fights, and people with eidetic or photographic memories.

To summarize, she has the most utility of any champion in the game, but she's too much, like you're trying to cramp a 12" pizza in your mouth in one ginormous bite. She has the utility of 2 champions, but the damage of half.

Your opinions, Forums?

Comments

• JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,042 ★★★★
    Yo 10 mins? Thats mad lol, need to watch the deep dive
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,188 ★★★★★
    Enchantress? You mean emerald witch?
  • Sidd777Sidd777 Member Posts: 184
    I think it’ll be a fun time learning her. DLL mentioned in his video that you can use her for most cases by just learning one of each type of spell, which shouldn’t be too bad, but there’s room for a lot more control if you can learn all the spells. It might take time to learn, but it seems worth the effort.
  • NuclearNuclear Member Posts: 26
    While I agree that she is just a tiny bit too much you have to keep in mind that her spells are variations of the first two swipes like >>/\, >>\/ or >> < for the damaging ones and such. If you have played any fighting game this is far easier to remember than the combos in those games, it will just take a bit of time to get used to it like how you learn specials in order to dex them. She seems very fun and not too overpowered cough cough Bullseye…

Off note pls give something similar to Dr. Strange if he gets a buff
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,012 ★★★
    IlociaM said:

You just have to learn 10 different spell combinations lmao

You don't. Ignoring that you can see all her spell combos in the pause menu, unless you absolutely need more than one of each class for specific defenders you can just learn 1 of each class and cycle them to build them up

Enchantress' Deep Dive is one of the longest ever in MCOC history. Stretching across 9 and a half minutes are a myriad of utility-based spells, that seem like the creators at Kabam went on adding stuff without first realizing what they already have given her. That, or they played a very long game of Mad Libs to give her utility. Also, she seems only effective in high power gain situations. Because, just for a simple rotation, you need a minimum of 2 sp1s to just ACTIVATE your sp2.

The main disappointment with Enchantress is the plethora of swipe combinations that activate her abilities. While I agree that the new mechanic is interesting, it's one for long fights, and people with eidetic or photographic memories.

To summarize, she has the most utility of any champion in the game, but she's too much, like you're trying to cramp a 12" pizza in your mouth in one ginormous bite. She has the utility of 2 champions, but the damage of half.

Your opinions, Forums?

She's actually way more simple than she seems. It's very unlikely that you'll ever need all of the spells in a fight, you just have to figure out what spells specifically need to be used in each fight. If you learn 1 of each kind you can achieve pretty close to her max damage potential and she also has ways of increasing her power gain so eventually you'll be chaining specials pretty consistently. She's probably more simple than wong since he has to actively keep his spells up whereas as long as you can avoid being intercepted or heavy countered you can keep all your spells built up for the whole fight.

Mystic champs being better in buff heavy matchups isn't a new thing, but she has ways to increase her power gain so she can function well even without buffs to punish
  • KLZKLZ Member Posts: 225 ★★
    edited August 5
    Noob..
  • Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 396 ★★

Your opinions, Forums?

She's actually way more simple than she seems. It's very unlikely that you'll ever need all of the spells in a fight, you just have to figure out what spells specifically need to be used in each fight. If you learn 1 of each kind you can achieve pretty close to her max damage potential and she also has ways of increasing her power gain so eventually you'll be chaining specials pretty consistently. She's probably more simple than wong since he has to actively keep his spells up whereas as long as you can avoid being intercepted or heavy countered you can keep all your spells built up for the whole fight.

Mystic champs being better in buff heavy matchups isn't a new thing, but she has ways to increase her power gain so she can function well even without buffs to punish
    So you think she's a one-champ-fits-all girl?
  • HarryatomixHarryatomix Member Posts: 229 ★★
    Emilia90 said:

What’s wrong with having a champ this complex? I think it’s fun to figure out new champs like this and while she won’t be for everyone, they’re not pumping out hard to master champs frequently

Also her damage is great for longer fights, just not built for battlegrounds attack which is fine since she’s a 5/5 defender. I’m sure she’d excel in matches where she can use MD. Also I thought the special lock ability was only for defense but I might have to go back and watch it again.

This just makes me feel sad for Northstar, boy only has damage in long fights and is **** everywhere else, wish he had something extra going one.

Your opinions, Forums?

So you think she's a one-champ-fits-all girl?
    No, I think she's a versatile mystic champion. There's no such thing as a one size fits all champ
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,000 ★★★★★
    In most fights you probably rarely need to cast every single spell, for ex in matchups with few buffs, focus on damaging spells, in buff heavy matchups, focus on the enchantment spells.
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,229 ★★★★
    edited August 6
    It seems a bit excessive on the first glance but looks can be deceiving and I would like to play around with her a bit before I form a strong opinion
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,683 ★★★★★
    She seems so complex with probably just means I won’t play not the end of the world I can’t remember as great but man. First lock at it is madness
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,003 ★★★★★
    Invoker players will master her right away
    All while Phantom Assassin players will cry on why there are more than 2 spell to use 😭
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 1,998 ★★★★★
    I dunno… she seems like she’ll rarely be practical as an attacker outside of Everest content, competing with Wong
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,000 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

I dunno… she seems like she’ll rarely be practical as an attacker outside of Everest content, competing with Wong

Wong 2.0
    EdisonLaw said:

BigBlueOx said:

Wong 2.0
    These kinda labels are super reductive, she's no more closer to wong than she is doom
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 2,692 ★★★★★
    I'm equally as confident in my ability to play her as I am to remember how to execute the trick I want in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater. Which is essentially not confident at all.