The point of the Grandmaster's Gauntlet in 2024

So I became TB this year and saw the GM'S Gauntlet and I saw the rewards, and I don't think the difficulty matches the rewards and I feel like it needs a tune up or something.

Comments

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 5,778 ★★★★★
    Is Gauntlet 2.0 a possibility
  • Excelimus2009Excelimus2009 Posts: 7

The difficulty didn't match the rewards even when it was released lol.
    But the quest was definitely fun, and it has two carina ccp challenges for endgame players.

But they should reduce the difficulty.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 3,068 ★★★★★

But the quest was definitely fun, and it has two carina ccp challenges for endgame players.

You’re crazy. These rewards were great in 2021.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 5,609 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

I would say even then not really as if u didnt do it when released for that month it was just ok since that stuff got old after a few months due to act content
  • Excelimus2009Excelimus2009 Posts: 7
    TyEdge said:

Were, but at least reduce the difficulty.
  • 007Bishop007Bishop Posts: 488 ★★★
    edited August 6
    You can't whine about a piece of content that came out 3 years ago and gave out rewards which were considered good at the time. If you want the difficulty to get tuned down then its only fair that they restrict people to using champs that were available at the time and tune down the ranks as well.
  • AcidBurn404AcidBurn404 Posts: 347 ★★
    Just spent 600 units for completion
    Rewards are decent
    It was fun
    Zemo mvp for gauntlet
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,688 ★★★★★
    When people did it with 1/2 6r3 in their account and rest 5*s or 6r2.
    Head bobble shake bobble my head shake bobble
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,688 ★★★★★
    5 keys.
    22.5M gold
    5 6* nexus
    150k 6* shards
    250 6* sigs.
    Wtf u on mate?
    How many max sig 6* you have throne breaker?
  • PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,921 ★★★★★

5 keys.
    22.5M gold
    5 6* nexus
    150k 6* shards
    250 6* sigs.
    Wtf u on mate?
    How many max sig 6* you have throne breaker?

He's Cav turned TB, the "nerf pls" behaviour will take time to fade away.
  • Twist1298Twist1298 Posts: 170
    007Bishop said:

You can't whine about a piece of content that came out 3 years ago and gave out rewards which were considered good at the time. If you want the difficulty to get tuned down then its only fair that they restrict people to using champs that were available at the time and tune down the ranks as well.

This is actually a interesting idea, but they could tune the rewards slightly to make it more relevant to today without breaking the game. They did it with Act 5 and it was solid and I think refreshing old content is a good thing.
    Also G.G. is a good practice for the higher HP with restrictions and the better you get at it the easier other content becomes.

• ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,885 ★★★★★
    The Gauntlet has already had its rewards buffed thanks to the Carina's Challenges it got tied to it. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that those two challenges are so well-designed that they are probably the two easiest runs you'll have in there.

Using Zemo in there really openend up my eyes to exactly how much he can do. He's insane in there, even for fights you wouldn't think he could do. My run with Zemo was the only time I ever solo'd Nameless Thanos, for example. He just melted. I even missed a whole phase because he just bled his way through it before throwing any specials.

Likewise with the Avengers challenge, I really enjoyed it. You don't realize exactly how much thought KarateMike put to it until you actually run it and realize how easy you get through stuff (at least compared to how tough you thought it would be). OG Black Widow is such an MVP in there, but Ant-Man, OG Thor, Iron Man and Hawkeye all put in some good work in there.

Generally speaking, I think the right way to go about asking for increased rewards for particular pieces of content, is by asking for new challenges within that content with up-to-date rewards. That way, both new and old players can partake in eaning them at the same time.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 5,487 ★★★★★
    Twist1298 said:

007Bishop said:

This is actually a interesting idea, but they could tune the rewards slightly to make it more relevant to today without breaking the game. They did it with Act 5 and it was solid and I think refreshing old content is a good thing.
    Also G.G. is a good practice for the higher HP with restrictions and the better you get at it the easier other content becomes.

Or, hear me out, release all new everest content with new and better rewards. Cmon man, you can do the gauntlet with 7*. That makes it so much easier. The game progresses. That doesn't mean old content needs to be buffed. I'd rather have all new content.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 3,068 ★★★★★
    Bendy said:

TyEdge said:

I would say even then not really as if u didnt do it when released for that month it was just ok since that stuff got old after a few months due to act content
    Act content didn’t trivialize rewards 7.4 came out in like spring of 2022 iirc, about 9 months later. This was a precursor to summer of pain, which did open the t5cc floodgates a bit and give some scraps toward a r4, but people forget how scarce t5cc were for 2020 and 2021.
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 2,876 ★★★★
    Ngl I just randomly decided to try gauntlet and I might not exit the quest and just keep going. Soloed doom, almost soloed terrax, on vision