Deep Dive: Beta Ray Bill

2»

Comments

• ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 5,322 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Looks amazing. Even with minimal shocks his burst was doing good damage and that’s without the awakened ability. Up to 100% damage reduction when unstoppable is awesome, 50% res to poison and bleed makes him very suicide friendly and he’ll heal from WP, glance and unstoppable counter, and massive base and burst damage with the furies

Sig ability is very nice to have but not needed. They nailed it

Where did they show the burst damage without awakened ability?
    Cause I checked the whole video and I only see sig 200 r3 burst damage. I still think he's going to be great but I've yet to see the burst damage when he's unawakened which is worrying me a bit.
    The starting shows a 6* that’s unawakened with only 2 shocks and it still does decent burst (minimal shocks + no sig + 6*). The burst on a 7* r3 would probably beat a 6* R5A even without high sig though cause it’s enough to compensate for the 40%. I’m sure that you might not even have to sp2 sometimes if you have a max sig one and get enough shocks and you could yolo it, but the sig doesn’t look like it’s a must tbh
    But something there is not adding up cause how is the 6* unawakened dealing 28k with two shocks meanwhile the r3 with 10 shocks would've barely dealt 54k since at sig 200 he dealt 91k?
    I think for those of us investing in the 7*, the key until he’s awakened will be to time those shocks expiring during our sp1 for the big 200% bonus burst damage. 200% is already wild enough where not having the full 240% from sig 200 shouldn’t be an issue if your Bill is ranked high enough.
    I know, I'm just saying the numbers on the deep dive aren't adding up so there's definitely something wrong there.
    Just tested and here’s a vid with something similar. His damage decreases in the final hit and deals remaining health instead of the actual burst it would’ve done it seems. I’ve seen this happen to a lot of champs and idk why

https://youtu.be/eLkJW9pSUpA?si=bSkiwDhqc0379mpj
    It's weird though cause it doesn't happen with every champ.
    Both of these harvests were done with 500 planetary mass, same numbers even though one KOed while the other one didn't:

I really hope you're right, I'm gonna trust you even though I know my disappointment with Kabam will be eternal if you're not lol.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 3,321 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Looks amazing. Even with minimal shocks his burst was doing good damage and that’s without the awakened ability. Up to 100% damage reduction when unstoppable is awesome, 50% res to poison and bleed makes him very suicide friendly and he’ll heal from WP, glance and unstoppable counter, and massive base and burst damage with the furies

Sig ability is very nice to have but not needed. They nailed it

Where did they show the burst damage without awakened ability?
    Cause I checked the whole video and I only see sig 200 r3 burst damage. I still think he's going to be great but I've yet to see the burst damage when he's unawakened which is worrying me a bit.
    The starting shows a 6* that’s unawakened with only 2 shocks and it still does decent burst (minimal shocks + no sig + 6*). The burst on a 7* r3 would probably beat a 6* R5A even without high sig though cause it’s enough to compensate for the 40%. I’m sure that you might not even have to sp2 sometimes if you have a max sig one and get enough shocks and you could yolo it, but the sig doesn’t look like it’s a must tbh
    But something there is not adding up cause how is the 6* unawakened dealing 28k with two shocks meanwhile the r3 with 10 shocks would've barely dealt 54k since at sig 200 he dealt 91k?
    I think for those of us investing in the 7*, the key until he’s awakened will be to time those shocks expiring during our sp1 for the big 200% bonus burst damage. 200% is already wild enough where not having the full 240% from sig 200 shouldn’t be an issue if your Bill is ranked high enough.
    I know, I'm just saying the numbers on the deep dive aren't adding up so there's definitely something wrong there.
    Just tested and here’s a vid with something similar. His damage decreases in the final hit and deals remaining health instead of the actual burst it would’ve done it seems. I’ve seen this happen to a lot of champs and idk why

https://youtu.be/eLkJW9pSUpA?si=bSkiwDhqc0379mpj
    It's weird though cause it doesn't happen with every champ.
    Both of these harvests were done with 500 planetary mass, same numbers even though one KOed while the other one didn't:

I really hope you're right, I'm gonna trust you even though I know my disappointment with Kabam will be eternal if you're not lol.
    It would make more sense for it to be bugged since it doesn’t align at all with the 6* showcase. A 6* unawakened with no class advantage was doing 14k per burst and there’s no way a 40% boosted 7* r3 would only do 90k with class advantage and 10 shocks. I’m sure we’ll see but I’m fairly confident it’s a bug especially given the other gameplay that was shown. Either way, his numbers are pretty nuts and I’m sure he’ll be great
    And I think this shows that it’s definitely off and not giving the correct damage amounts. He was doing almost a million with this and the burst here with the 12 shocks and 3 furies was just this so it looks like it subtracted remaining health

• Zephyre33Zephyre33 Posts: 180
    at r3 awakend that burst againt starlord was 950k smthing with 3 furies and unawakened it should be about 700k still good damage and when hes awakened hes going to be even better in bgs he can close out fights 20-30 secs faster with less shocks but more damage
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,371 ★★★★
    edited August 3
    Garlo said:

Where are his hashtags? It would be great if he has #clarity.

I have confirmation he will be Tactic, so anyone with their 1-2 Saga gem should be good to go.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 5,808 ★★★★★

Garlo said:

I have confirmation he will be Tactic, so anyone with their 1-2 Saga gem should be good to go.
    And Enchantress will be #House of mirrors?

Garlo said:

Awesome. I’m very tempted to use the 2-3 gem on him but I want him awakened first. Which then leads into another temptation to blow all my units on BRB featureds lmao
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,371 ★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Garlo said:

And Enchantress will be #House of mirrors?
    That I don’t know, but doubtful since Mystic isn’t included in this Saga. She’ll likely be whatever next Saga is.
    Zephyre33 said:

at r3 awakend that burst againt starlord was 950k smthing with 3 furies and unawakened it should be about 700k still good damage and when hes awakened hes going to be even better in bgs he can close out fights 20-30 secs faster with less shocks but more damage

20-30 seconds faster is a huge difference, so the 7 star unduped will be slower?
    Also here's DLL's video going over his kit in detail
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBr2BDSd82I
    EdisonLaw said:

Is this the first 5/5 damage rating on a new champ this year? Finally great to see heavy damage mixed with good utility
  • kus234kus234 Posts: 264 ★★
    Will be interesting to see how he fair against Shock Immune.. Morbius had similar burst but he also worked against Bleed Immune.. what would be his damage if the defender is shock Immune .
  • HassamaMamaHassamaMama Posts: 238 ★★
    kus234 said:

Will be interesting to see how he fair against Shock Immune.. Morbius had similar burst but he also worked against Bleed Immune.. what would be his damage if the defender is shock Immune .

He won’t be able to do the insane damage bursts. HOWEVER, he will STILL be able to stack Fury buffs AND pause his Furies, Intensifies, and maybe Resonate so he will be hitting insanely hard.
    Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Is this the first 5/5 damage rating on a new champ this year? Finally great to see heavy damage mixed with good utility
    I don't mean to be the party pooper again, but in the Sable spotlight video from DLL it says Sable has 4 😭
    I agree that there's a pretty decent chance he'll have great damage but don't make up your minds just yet. Wait until we can actually test them cause 90% of the CCs this year have just been taking Ls with all those videos overhyping champs that later on turn out to be duds. Unlikely this will be the case for BRB but still.

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

I don't mean to be the party pooper again, but in the Sable spotlight video from DLL it says Sable has 4 😭
    I agree that there's a pretty decent chance he'll have great damage but don't make up your minds just yet. Wait until we can actually test them cause 90% of the CCs this year have just been taking Ls with all those videos overhyping champs that later on turn out to be duds. Unlikely this will be the case for BRB but still.
    Yeah it’s more so me being confident in BRB. He seems great even from the DD which usually isn’t the case and he does output the numbers they promised. Sable was a different case all together since we could clearly see she sucked. I won’t fully say he’s the greatest without playing him but the initial stuff looks very very promising
    Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Buffed Superior Iron Man also has 5/5 damage.
    EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Buffed Superior Iron Man also has 5/5 damage.
    Yes but I meant new champs (not counting buffs) I believe he’s the first this year
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Yeah it’s more so me being confident in BRB. He seems great even from the DD which usually isn’t the case and he does output the numbers they promised. Sable was a different case all together since we could clearly see she sucked. I won’t fully say he’s the greatest without playing him but the initial stuff looks very very promising
    I really do hope he lives up to that 5/5, I know I'm being too negative here maybe but the new releases have just been so disappointing. Fingers crossed.
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 815 ★★★★
    I’m excited for BRB and honestly I had low expectations. My only critique is I wish the steady buff was more accessible. Otherwise he looks great.

I’m excited for BRB and honestly I had low expectations. My only critique is I wish the steady buff was more accessible. Otherwise he looks great.

Yeah I wished it wasn't only available for tech champions, like there are other annoying glance champions like Maestro, Ant Man, Dust and Storm X
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Posts: 990 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Yeah I wished it wasn't only available for tech champions, like there are other annoying glance champions like Maestro, Ant Man, Dust and Storm X
    There are but he's not designed as a glance counter he's designed as a future antman counter. Considering he's the first glance counter in the game it makes sense it's not just an all round counter to the effect as a whole
  • GarloGarlo Posts: 240 ★★

Garlo said:

Well, he doesn't have the clarity hashtag :/
    How's Beta Ray Bill guys?
  • HassamaMamaHassamaMama Posts: 238 ★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Idk man he seems overhyped don’t you think

EdisonLaw said:

Idk man he seems overhyped don’t you think
    Lol not anymore, I think he lives up to the hype and will age well