Crucible roadblocks?

Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Member Posts: 443 ★★★
I've seen a lot of planning type stuff, but somehow haven't seen anything that talks about this question: Are there any fights were you ABSOLUTELY need a relatively specific counter, or else you'll lose? Or are they all doable with Revives if needed?

Going through (primarily "winging") my first path right now, and has been going well, but with every fight, I'm getting nervous that I'm gonna overlook something huge.

The only fight that comes to mind is Taskmaster with "crit me with your best shot", as if you bring a Champ who can't crit, you literally cannot deal damage. But past that, I can't think of any as serious as that.

Comments

• BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 870 ★★★
    edited August 9
    There’s a lot of nodes that are “if you don’t do this you’ll deal 90% less damage”, gotta watch out for those. Just gotta read the nodes, pretty much all of them can be soloed if you know what you’re doing
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,893 ★★★★★
    If you're running Taskmaster path, you need a champ can consistently applies shock for a gully 99 in the path. 3 evade counters for 3 spiders in the path. Preferably have a power drain counter for warlock. Mr negative needs a champ who have consistent bleeds.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,353 Guardian
    Gwenperion will be a revive sink if you don't bring someone who can counter her healing node without debuffs. I hear Magneto works for her and even Ronan can work.
  • Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Member Posts: 916 ★★★★
    K

If you're running Taskmaster path, you need a champ can consistently applies shock for a gully 99 in the path. 3 evade counters for 3 spiders in the path. Preferably have a power drain counter for warlock. Mr negative needs a champ who have consistent bleeds.

What node on Negs says it requires a consistent bleed? I'm not seeing anything about that
  • Krishna24Krishna24 Member Posts: 415 ★★★
    Be careful with that crit monkey in path 1

K

What node on Negs says it requires a consistent bleed? I'm not seeing anything about that
    Mr negative has bloody mess if I'm not wrong
  • DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Member Posts: 583 ★★★
    I wrote my whole team on paper lol......watch out for that Ibom on path 1.....I used cbones and didn’t have a lot of fun
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 426 ★★★
    I saw magnetoX gains a lot of buffs so used Ronan XD
  • Cuber2906Cuber2906 Member Posts: 131
    bwdo with tht evade node is tough but the only reason its not a roadblock is cuz its the second fight in the path so its just restarting to continue.
  • Oliver345781Oliver345781 Member Posts: 183
    Remember that purgatory with hubris. She could be a problem if forgotten about
  • StertslStertsl Member Posts: 106

K

You'll get incinerates on you if you hit negative when he's not bleeding.
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    Stertsl said:

K

Onslaught worked well for that fight
  • Cuber2906Cuber2906 Member Posts: 131

Stertsl said:

K

does surfer work?
    edited August 9
    Cuber2906 said:

Stertsl said:

K

does surfer work?
    Yeah surfer can work but mr negative can deal damage for each debuff on you. So you're better with a skill champ who can purify or apply bleed. Jabari worked perfect for this fight for me. Zemo, kingpin, mantis shang chi moleman all are very viable options as well.

Surfer can work well too since you get insane amount incenerates on you which increase your damage a lot. But he may take damage from dark energy.
  • Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Member Posts: 1,157 ★★★★

Guardian takes guilly 99 very easily.

Starky is definitely very annoying (I used gladiator, it wasn't fun :/), I'd recommend an evade counter like venom. Unfortunately, I had planned to use venom for the next fight so it was a painful one with gladiator.

And that cable fight... all my homies hate cable and that rng mess of a fight (I used rocket). If he procs regen at 1 bar say goodbye to your hp (unblockable sp1 that is borderline undexable), also his power gain and the power surge node pull off the meanest wombo combo and push him to an sp3 while he's in the middle of his sp2 animation. Fun. Save warlock for this one lads.

Starky is definitely very annoying (I used gladiator, it wasn't fun :/), I'd recommend an evade counter like venom. Unfortunately, I had planned to use venom for the next fight so it was a painful one with gladiator.

And that cable fight... all my homies hate cable and that rng mess of a fight (I used rocket). If he procs regen at 1 bar say goodbye to your hp (unblockable sp1 that is borderline undexable), also his power gain and the power surge node pull off the meanest wombo combo and push him to an sp3 while he's in the middle of his sp2 animation. Fun. Save warlock for this one lads.
    Ik cable is gonna mess me up big time that's why I used 5* nimrod for the fight to avoid those headaches (I saved my 6* nimrod for namor).

I used Venom for starky, Stealthy became the annoying one for me and the costliest fight (5 revives) besides superior kang as I ended up using 6* r3 venompool.
  • TrongNovTrongNov Member Posts: 293 ★★★
    Hulkbuster - I brought Guardian in and the fight lasted 30 mins. His armor up is extremely annoying with something to reflects crit damage on you.
    Purgatory - you need to bring someone who deals a great deal of power sting damage. Scorpion is ideal for her
  • Will3808Will3808 Member Posts: 3,732 ★★★★★
    The gwenperion on the path that starts with yondu can be a pain without a counter. I’m planning on using mags.
    TrongNov said:

Hulkbuster - I brought Guardian in and the fight lasted 30 mins. His armor up is extremely annoying with something to reflects crit damage on you.
    Purgatory - you need to bring someone who deals a great deal of power sting damage. Scorpion is ideal for her

Torch with nova flames is great for Purg, his incinerates and power stings work really well for that fight too.
    Will3808 said:

The gwenperion on the path that starts with yondu can be a pain without a counter. I’m planning on using mags.

Ronan makes gwenperion a breeze. Highly recommend going for him if possible, even a 5* one would work.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,353 Guardian

Kindred was really good for Cable. -90% buff duration removed a lot the RNG of that fight and MD goes brrrrr. When I did the 7 for 7 challenge, I just used sym supreme and that fight was like 20 seconds long.
    Pikolu said:

Kindred was really good for Cable. -90% buff duration removed a lot the RNG of that fight and MD goes brrrrr. When I did the 7 for 7 challenge, I just used sym supreme and that fight was like 20 seconds long.
    Ah I didn't even think of that, yeah he'd work too. Kinda bummed that I didn't use my r5 ascended kindred for that, it could've been his Lisan al Gaib moment.
  • Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Member Posts: 443 ★★★
    Pikolu said:

Good to know. I'm coming up on Cable in a few fights, and was just planning on Nimrod or something. Now I can save him for someone else